Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mccreary co.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mccreary county 8th should be good this year with everybody returning. And and all state linebacker- running back Brandon troxell team to watch out for. The schedule is Meece,Monroe county,Whitley co., glascow, Wayne, russel, Casey, Jackson co, Berea south laurel. They beat Berea by 70 in spring anybody know about any of these teams??
That's a nice schedule. That first four will be a real test. Meece always fast and tricky, Monroe is solid team with some nice skill players,Whitley barely lost to eventual state champ Johnson in playoffs in a nailbiter, Glasgow has some great team speed with a really good tailback.
Sounds like we here at Wayne are glad to be playing you last in that stretch.
How many big boys are you returning?
They got about 7 or 8 players returning from 8th grade starters last year. Like you said the first five games will be good matchups. I'd say their toughest game is either whitely co. Or Wayne. Should do good this year! Hopefully make a playoff run. I think the raiders play Monroe county at Wayne's field.
McCreary Middle will have a very good football team this year. They have a lot of nice skilled people and some big kids to go with them. Should be a fun year for Coach Privett.
Yes. McCreary is playing Monroe co. in our Heart of Lake Cumberland Bowl. Should be a great day of football with that matchup and then Casey co. Vs Williamsburg.

East meets West
Who will Wayne be matching up against?
Metcalfe Co.
You think mccreary will have trouble with Meece and Monroe?
Yes. Anybody who plays those two will have trouble! Both are nice teams.
I'm excited for the Casey McCreary game. They play 8/31 at Casey
How many players does Casey have returning?
Which ones?
I saw Meece at UK's passing camp and wasn't to impressed. Also saw Wayne and they looked like they have a real chance at winning state. I know we scrimmage Mccreary co. on the 8th and people have told us that we have a decent team so I'm excited to see the match up.
Jacketpride Wrote:I saw Meece at UK's passing camp and wasn't to impressed. Also saw Wayne and they looked like they have a real chance at winning state. I know we scrimmage Mccreary co. on the 8th and people have told us that we have a decent team so I'm excited to see the match up.

7 v 7 leave a lot to be desired in determining how good a team will be. Somerset will be real good, Wayne will be very good. I've watched McCreary practice several times and feel they have a chance to be very good. Kids are working hard and look good. This will be a good year for the young Raiders. I think W'burg and McCreary will match up well in their scrimmage and hope both teams get a lot out of it, Just Keep getting better!!!!
Meece will be a better team than last year. Over half of the 8th grade were 7th graders last year. The will be much bigger at the skill positions and will prob run more of a power run game with the bigger backs. Their speed will not be as good as last year but still will be fast as a team. I believe by seasons end they will have the best group of linebackers Max has coached.
I don't put much stock in the 7 on 7's. They're great to work your passing game and it's good to get continuity on the offensive end with the skill players, but it just doesn't relate when it comes to full contact. We lost on a last second play at UK's a couple years ago and ended up beating that same team by 50+ in the regular season. With that said, I'm hearing good things about Meece so far this offseason. They've picked up a couple of players from what I've heard. Don't sleep on them in D-3 this year. Good luck to them.
Wildcat18 Wrote:I'm hearing good things about Meece so far this offseason. They've picked up a couple of players from what I've heard. Don't sleep on them in D-3 this year. Good luck to them.

Thanks for the nice compliments. I also expect Meece to be a tough outing this year for most teams, we will be stronger and bigger at almost all positions compared to last year. Maybe not as quick but will be stronger and as Briar Jumper BD stated our LB's are going to be a force on defense.
I have watched the Raiders practice several times and a lot of the kids are getting better every day. The QB is improving daily, so is the big Lineman Jordan Williams (6' 3 275) he is a load.
A lot of talk about how big and physical McCreary is. But, those are two traits that Williamsburg also has. Should be a good game
Jacket23 Wrote:A lot of talk about how big and physical McCreary is. But, those are two traits that Williamsburg also has. Should be a good game

Like I have said before, play hard, stay healthy and get better from scrimmage and both teams will come out the winner!!! IT's JUST PRACTICE!!!!:Clap::Clap: