Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fortune Cookies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I guess that they write them to have this effect, but every fortune cookie I get always makes perfect sense about my life.

i.e. I got one today that says You don't become a failure until you're satisfied with being one. Makes sense for me because my life went in the complete opposite direction that I thought it would go, but, I've always wanted to get better: I try to do things, and if I fail, I don't give up, I just use it as motivation to get better to the point where I can do it.

Might sound corny, but it's my lil thing about life.

Am I the only one that this happens to?
Know not at all, most of the time not all the time but most of the time you can apply what the fortune cookie says to some part of your life. Everyone, no matter what they can or can't do feels like a failure at times. But it's like "The Master" says to "Grass Hopper" You don't become a failure until you're satisfied with being one. We can all learn something from them. Most of the time.
I too believe that the fortunes can be applied to some aspect of your life even not at the current time, something will happen a week later that will relate back to it and you would be like OH MAN! They predicted that and stuff. They make sense though and some will make you stand back and be like Whoa, that makes sense so you can apply that to your life and such. I tend to pocket some of the fortunes and keep them as momentos of the day but looking at them now they are like:

Ignorance never settles a question and You will have good luck and overcome many hardships.

Not sure where the first one has came into play and I'm not sure if it was luck entirely but I did overcome some hardships that was troubling me and now things could not be better with the situation.
Some of them do make you think for a minute.
Blackcat75 Wrote:Some of them do make you think for a minute.

Yeah they do

Yeah but it's like every one makes sense in my life and always ends up in my hands.
I have had some very strange ones beforeRolleyes
Whenever we get a fortune cookie, we play a little game that always works out and always makes us laugh. It is simple, but it always works.

Try this, when you read a fortune cookie, add the words "in bed" to the end of it. The results are hilarious.

For instance, the above message would be "You don't become a failure until you're satisfied with being one in bed."

LOL
coffee man Wrote:Whenever we get a fortune cookie, we play a little game that always works out and always makes us laugh. It is simple, but it always works.

Try this, when you read a fortune cookie, add the words "in bed" to the end of it. The results are hilarious.

For instance, the above message would be "You don't become a failure until you're satisfied with being one in bed."

LOL

We used to play that game but not til age 18 or 20.......... I'm VERY mature

yeah.. the ones i get make me think, "why the hell did i waste my time opening the little plastic bag."