Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg, Lawrence Co., Perry Central Scrimmages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Prestonsburg defeated Perry Central 14-0
Prestonsburg Tied Lawrence Co. 0-0

Perry Central tied with Lawrence Co. 0-0 (PCC did score but it was called back)

In the Lawrence Pburg scrimmage I don't remeber if Pburg scored or not !

Games where still going on when I left, But I think they where close to an end cause they started at 11am !

Perry County Central : Slow team, they need more speed and there linemen do not block very well ! They have two solid RB's in #3 and #24.

Lawrence County : Good Solid defense they imbarresed PCC's O line ! They're offence didnt look very good but they have time to improve.

Prestonsburg : Really good hard hitting Defense ! Offense was sloppy but they had some real good chances to score alot on both LC and PCC but WR's dropped to many passes! O line blocked good ! But the Defense looked great they sacked LC qb about 4 times and had alot of tackles behind the line !

Junior Varsity Games :

I didnt see PCC's JV.

LC defeated Pburg's JV 28-7 (Game was still going when I left)
That's great to hear. You mean no one had a fight? If not maybe player control is getting better.
Perry County Central : Slow team, they need more speed and there linemen do not block very well ! They have two solid RB's in #3 and #24.

thx for the info...i hate to hear Perry Centrals line is down again looks lik another long season for the dores
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:That's great to hear. You mean no one had a fight? If not maybe player control is getting better.

There where no fights and I didnt even see any pushing in shoving after the whistle ! The only reason for this is because of the Probation !
blackcat_student Wrote:There where no fights and I didnt even see any pushing in shoving after the whistle ! The only reason for this is because of the Probation !
I don't like the probation, but you gain more respect playing hard, hitting hard, and then extending a hand out to help the player from the other team up out of good sportsmenship, than you do pushing and shoving like your still in third grade.
Pretty fair report on all three teams from what I saw. Lawrence looks good on defense or at least they did today. Need work offensively and just not real smooth and look uncomfortable.

Pburg has lots of speed and our real quick on defense, their passing game looked good and they should be in fine shape for the season.

PCC needs work on both sides including the line and secondary. Hope they have a great season and make the must needed adjustments.
I was just told Prestonburg - LC score was 21-7 ! I couldnt recall the score earlier cause I left but later both teams ended up scoring !
blackcat_student Wrote:I was just told Prestonburg - LC score was 21-7 ! I couldnt recall the score earlier cause I left but later both teams ended up scoring !

When I left I think Pburg had 7 and Lawrence scored but had a bad snap on the extra point so that would make it 7-6 Prestonsburg but thats when I left. Should have stayed longer I assume.:thumpsup:
So was it P'burg 21, LC 7? or vise versa?
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:So was it P'burg 21, LC 7? or vise versa?

It was Pburg 21 and LC 7
Varsity it ended in at P-burg 7 and LC 6
JV LC 28 or 34 and P-burg 7

LC 21 and PC 0 (PC had a TD called back because of pen.)

LC did start slow on O but on there next set of offense picked it up, and as the day went on got better. LC D is all over the place they fly to the ball a little late reacting at times but will get better. LC onluy had 3 days in pads and no full contact at all. So they will be better.
The only time LC scored on p-burg was when p-burg had alot of their jv in the game. P-burg's defense and running game looked really good. Watch for the cats to suprise alot of people.
Yea but that being said so did LC.
I left early so how did LC look on offense afterwards? I was concerned about that because they looked unsure and confused a lot. I like how the D is playing and flying to the ball however. I bet Goldsmith didnt really show a lot on offense considering the amount of schools that were had scouts there today.
easternkysportsguru Wrote:I left early so how did LC look on offense afterwards? I was concerned about that because they looked unsure and confused a lot. I like how the D is playing and flying to the ball however. I bet Goldsmith didnt really show a lot on offense considering the amount of schools that were had scouts there today.

They played well and P-Burg was set up by an INT thrown for there only TD against the varsity. The D was fine there was a couple of plays they were slow to react to but all and all they were fine, they were fling around and getting to the ball. They did run some stuff out of gun. later in the day. So did Cat come with you?
Batpuff Wrote:They played well and P-Burg was set up by an INT thrown for there only TD against the varsity. The D was fine there was a couple of plays they were slow to react to but all and all they were fine, they were fling around and getting to the ball. They did run some stuff out of gun. later in the day. So did Cat come with you?

Cat was a no-show but oh well I came by myself. LOL I heard that Prestonsburg defeated LC in the varsity game 21-7. I was really concerned with how LC looked on offense earlier because the line was jumping and the backs didnt have any real holes to run through. The o-line needs work and learn how to blow open a hole and to stay on blocks. If they do learn that then they should be alright.:Thumbs: On the other hand, I really liked how the defense looked today. Couple of times they had a tackle but let the guy get away so they need to learn to wrap-up and finish the tackle when they can, a lot of yards were gained after the intial hit but the offesive player was able to get away, need to keep their heads up and drive through the defender until his back is on the ground.
I dont know were they are getting that p burg scored 21 they only scored once and that was after a LB had a pick and ran it to about the 10 or 5 yard line and then scored on the next play. And if I recall that was the only time they scored on us.

Yea the only got rattled a little bit since it was there 1st live action in pads, but they made adjustments and was ok. P-burg was putting 8 and 9 in the box and sending everyone, and when you do that it is hard to block everyone. They do need to learn to hold there blocks longer and when they do that they will be fine.

Kyle Carter was a beast on the D-Line, Cody Roberts and Morgan Roberts did a good job today.

Boone settled down and did a reall good job today as well. There were several guys who stepped up today.
P-burg scored 3 times on LC. Prestonsburg was definitely the most impreesive team with lots of room for improvement. The cats really impressed me with the way they flew to the ball and played hard-nosed defense! Bobby Hughes, Matt Blevins, Wes Woods, Tyler Layne, and all the other cats looked great.
After seeing LC play today I think they have tons of potential to be a great football team.
i am a senior ol/dl man and neither lc or pcc scored on prestonsburg varsity team or even close for that matter and like it was said earlier the only time that they did was when pburg had their jv players in the game but i had a lot of fun today in the scrimmage definatley got alot of good work in before the season and we just got back from camp and that helped us out alot we went to EKU and i think we're going to turn some heads this upcomming season that alot of people weren't expecting us to turn i think that everybody is in for a ride this season or at least that is the way that it looks right now...i just hope that we can keep our momentum throughout the season
PHS_JT Wrote:i am a senior ol/dl man and neither lc or pcc scored on prestonsburg varsity team or even close for that matter and like it was said earlier the only time that they did was when pburg had their jv players in the game but i had a lot of fun today in the scrimmage definatley got alot of good work in before the season and we just got back from camp and that helped us out alot we went to EKU and i think we're going to turn some heads this upcomming season that alot of people weren't expecting us to turn i think that everybody is in for a ride this season or at least that is the way that it looks right now...i just hope that we can keep our momentum throughout the season

I think thats the longest sentence of all-time.:thatsfunn
Its awful funny when LC scored I saw alot of varsity players on the field.
you mean you saw alot of varsity players on the sidelines cause pburg's jv was on the field well most of the jv there was a few varsity players but, mostly there was jv
PHS_JT Wrote:you mean you saw alot of varsity players on the sidelines cause pburg's jv was on the field well most of the jv there was a few varsity players but, mostly there was jv

What ever I was there pretty close to the field and I saw an awful lot of varsity players on the field and I know of one TD but what was the other two TDS on the varsity. I know of the one after the INT and thats it. That was the only TD the varsity gave up all day against either team.
blackcat_student Wrote:I was just told Prestonburg - LC score was 21-7 ! I couldnt recall the score earlier cause I left but later both teams ended up scoring !
actually the score to that game was 6-6...
I mean it was a scrimmage lets see what each team does in regular season this is just for fun and you cannot go by scrimmages to predict what your going to do in the season so I say goodluck to both teams
Money Maker Wrote:actually the score to that game was 6-6...

I had a pburg player tell me the score ! I figured since he played I thought he knew the actual score !s
blackcat_student Wrote:I had a pburg player tell me the score ! I figured since he played I thought he knew the actual score !s

I liked the way Prestonsburg looked and played, I look for big things from them this year. Really liked the offense they ran and how their defense looked. Good luck Blackcats from a Bulldog fan up 23!:Thumbs:
Good luck to Lawrence Co from a Blackcat fan !