Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southwestern coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who will be new coach at Southwestern??
Coach Waters hopefully
Whoever gets it, has a load of talent waiting on them.
Who is Coach Waters? Never heard of him/her.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Who is Coach Waters? Never heard of him/her.

He coaches at the middle school. He's a really nice guy.
From one of the Somerset parents whoever gets this job had better be Phil Jackson. Word is parents was reason Rice left and 99% of them needs some Prozac. I was told that the Somerset and Pulaski people are having a blast with this.
Coach Waters is a nice guy. he is also a great coach and would be perfect for this job. he does a great job coaching and mentoring the players. I bet if the girls were ask he is who they would want.
new coach is butcher from mason county, previously pike central. THANKS DADDY
Stephen Butcher is the new coach at Southwestern. Best of luck to him!
Here is a link for anyone interested in reading more about Butcher:

http://somerset-kentucky.com/localsports...oops-coach
GetChili Wrote:Here is a link for anyone interested in reading more about Butcher:

http://somerset-kentucky.com/localsports...oops-coach

If Butch doesn't win at least 1 out of the next 3 regional tournaments, then he should be very disappointed.

He is being dealt a full house.
There is a lot of talent there no doubt...but I'm not sure the drama won't out weigh it and have a negative effect. It's sad really!
CWC12th Wrote:There is a lot of talent there no doubt...but I'm not sure the drama won't out weigh it and have a negative effect. It's sad really!

Totally agree. A lot of talent but way too much jealousy from players and parents. Team will never play up to potential, parents will not allow it. It is a shame that a few parents want to put their daughters personal achievements above that of the team. If somehow they can correct this problem, they will be a tough team to beat this year, but I will have to see it to believe it.
They will still be a tough team to beat, just don't know if they will have that extra 'oomph' to get it done. Is the Fothergill girl still going to play? I know she didn't after the new hire. Just didn't know if it was coincidence or not.
Butcher has loads of talent awaiting him at Southwestern, but like you all have said, the players must put the team first to win a regional title. I saw him coach last Friday in a summer game - I think he will do a great job at Southwestern.
i saw him coach last Friday also. He is very intense!! lol Confusednicker:
Does anyone know if Fothergill is still with them?
Stephen Butcher looks to be a great fit for a team that needed a good coach to get them over that regional hump. Todd Waters may have not have gotten the head coaching job, but he did get the assistant position which was a big problem for Southwestern teams of the past few seasons. Coach Waters is the positive guy that team has needed the past few seasons. He was the coach of them girls at Southern Middle three seasons ago when they won the Kentucky State Championship of Middle school. So to say the least, Coach Butcher understood the need for a great assistant that has already had tremendous success with these very same girls unlike the coach in the past. Southwestern went from 99% sure of NOT ever winning a region with the old coaching staff to having a good as shot as anyone of winning it. It would have been ashame that these Southwestern girls never got the opportuntity to reach their potential as they did with Coach Waters a few years ago. I agree there is a whole lot of talent there and with that comes pressure, but at least now there is some basketball IQ and positive voices on that bench that can help lead this talented team in them regional games in the 4th quarter when coaches win or lose games.
Fothergill is a soccer player also. Im sure she will join the team now that soccer season has ended for them. To say there were no IQ on the bench is not a real smart comment.
Coaches at the middle school great coach.
Coach Waters is a great coach look what they did when this group was at the middle school.
He didnt coach this group in middle school. Where have you been. Moulden and Corder did.
fanantic Wrote:Stephen Butcher looks to be a great fit for a team that needed a good coach to get them over that regional hump. Todd Waters may have not have gotten the head coaching job, but he did get the assistant position which was a big problem for Southwestern teams of the past few seasons. Coach Waters is the positive guy that team has needed the past few seasons. He was the coach of them girls at Southern Middle three seasons ago when they won the Kentucky State Championship of Middle school. So to say the least, Coach Butcher understood the need for a great assistant that has already had tremendous success with these very same girls unlike the coach in the past. Southwestern went from 99% sure of NOT ever winning a region with the old coaching staff to having a good as shot as anyone of winning it. It would have been ashame that these Southwestern girls never got the opportuntity to reach their potential as they did with Coach Waters a few years ago. I agree there is a whole lot of talent there and with that comes pressure, but at least now there is some basketball IQ and positive voices on that bench that can help lead this talented team in them regional games in the 4th quarter when coaches win or lose games.

Looks to be a great fit.
Lost to Lincoln Co by 20 plus and they lost all five starters.
This team is ruined by parental influence.
Southwestern will be just fine. Just watch...
Hey warthog the parental influence is a thing of the past at the Swhs girls basketball program. Coach butcher is doing a great job with this group of players and they WILL cut down the region title nets. There is NO parental influence with this coaching staff because coach butcher doesn't roll that way.
You people are nuts if you dont think there is no problems. When Corder dont get her 20 shots a game and they lose, then come talk to me. When Butcher figures out he has to go the the big three inside and he will, probably already has, then the a certain group of parents will be the laughing stock cause they were the reason Coach Rice left. Trouble makers.
Play with pride Wrote:Hey warthog the parental influence is a thing of the past at the Swhs girls basketball program. Coach butcher is doing a great job with this group of players and they WILL cut down the region title nets. There is NO parental influence with this coaching staff because coach butcher doesn't roll that way.

Warthog Wrote:Looks to be a great fit.
Lost to Lincoln Co by 20 plus and they lost all five starters.
This team is ruined by parental influence.

Isn't Waters some kin to Fitzgerald
Come on now
This team will never win the big one because of Corder and Molden (the parents)

:truestory: