Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th region summer games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What summer games are going on around the 13th region?
middlesboro played knott county yesterday @ mboro and knott county won 76-57. middlesboro looks very good, was only down 7 at the half.
Who starts for Middlesboro besides Foister and Poindexter.
foister, poindexter, major edwards, tyshon kinkade, and josh white. then brandon hale and justin miracle came off the bench, those two played around 25 minutes. these are all good athletes that love to run
Has the Hill kid left Corbin?
E's Army Wrote:Has the Hill kid left Corbin?

I have also heard rumors of this transferring to Lexington.
LCA maybe?
E's Army Wrote:LCA maybe?

That's what I hear.
Middlesboro could be the sleeper of the region once again depending on how the rest of the rotation comes together. Allen seems to be meshing in well at Clay County already.
Hill played with LCA at the KBA high school state tournament this past weekend.
Which teams and players stood out in summer play?
I watched South Laurel play Jackson Co few weeks ago. They had a new kid about 6'7 playing that looked really good. Collier was playing for Jackson Co as well. He looked good too
I heard that the Fox kid at Jackson County was looking to transfer is this true? This was told to me by some one who refs the region and looking towards Hazard or Perry Cent. This is just a rumor, Thats the first I had heard of this but he did say that he would not be back at Jackson,Co any truth to this??
Whitley County doesnt have the best players in the world,but they have a TOUGH defense.
BELLS BEST team in the region
Pineville shocked some people at a summer camp going 6-2. Very atheltic team. They have alot to work on but could possibly surprise some people this year. Harlan Co looks down as they are not near as talented as they used to be.
Did somebody forget about the Clay County Tigers.........I watched them play this summer and by far looked better than any other team in the region......I'm already shocked that they aren't ranked in the top 25 in the state......
CC Tigers 4435 Wrote:Did somebody forget about the Clay County Tigers.........I watched them play this summer and by far looked better than any other team in the region......I'm already shocked that they aren't ranked in the top 25 in the state......

Out of curiosity how many regional teams did you see play this summer? Who all did you see?
I'd like to know that, too.
I didn't get to see Clay or Jackson, but I know both will be very good. Knox Central was missing a few people at LMU but will be one of the best teams in the region. I saw Harlan County beat Johnson Central and Cordia, among others, at the AAU tourney in Lexington. I saw Pineville, Corbin, Middlesboro, Whitley, Harlan, Whitley, North, South at LMU, Lexington or Pineville.
Lets see I watched everyone except harlan, pineville, red bird, and barbourville. I'm pretty sure that clay will have some tough games don't get me wrong, especially in these big tournments in Lex and myrtle beach. but as far as region teams go I don't think clay will have much of a problem with the other top teams in the region. but I guess we'll see in december. Smile
CC Tigers 4435 Wrote:Lets see I watched everyone except harlan, pineville, red bird, and barbourville. I'm pretty sure that clay will have some tough games don't get me wrong, especially in these big tournments in Lex and myrtle beach. but as far as region teams go I don't think clay will have much of a problem with the other top teams in the region. but I guess we'll see in december. Smile

When did you watch Bell County and Knox Central?
ArJay Wrote:When did you watch Bell County and Knox Central?

Good question.
I would have liked to have seen Bell, but the only chance I had was a morning session at LMU. It sounded like they didn't play much in the summer. What does their rotation look like for this season?
I didn't see them either, but from what I heard they were basically the same team from last year really, just a year older. The 3 freshmen that played so much last yr are now sophomores and the juniors are now seniors. I think the rotation is basically the 5 seniors and they have 4 pretty good sophomores. I heard they played a lot in Tennesee at like UT Chattanooga team camp and down in Knoxville.
Well let's just say I have a somewhat of a good relationship with all the coaches in the 13th and 14th region.....with that being said I get to watch a few pratices along the way, so we'll keep it at that!....
CC Tigers 4435 Wrote:Lets see I watched everyone except harlan, pineville, red bird, and barbourville. I'm pretty sure that clay will have some tough games don't get me wrong, especially in these big tournments in Lex and myrtle beach. but as far as region teams go I don't think clay will have much of a problem with the other top teams in the region. but I guess we'll see in december. Smile

CC Tigers 4435 Wrote:Well let's just say I have a somewhat of a good relationship with all the coaches in the 13th and 14th region.....with that being said I get to watch a few pratices along the way, so we'll keep it at that!....

So you watched Bell and Knox practice this summer??
Whos some players to show out this season for each team in the 13th?