Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region summer games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What games are going on or have taken place around the 13th region this summer? I know its just summer ball but any teams standing out?
I went over to Union and watched a few games. Barbourville looked pretty good,same as last year quicker teams gave them some problems.Bell looked real good. Corbin looked pretty good.Harlan and Pineville looked like if they played 10 times each team would win 5 games.The most improved team was Middlesboro. The one thing i felt interesting was Clay was not there,they have been coming for as long as I can remember. I ask around someone said they was not going to play summer ball this year.I thought this was very odd.Oh yeah Knox Central looked like Knox Central.Some real interesting coaching change gossip going around,If any is true it should make the rest of the summer fun.
Most of the 13th Region teams were there, even OBI. I can't remember Clay not playing in the summer before.
Was Harlan Co or Whitley there?
middlesboro and knott county played yesterday at middlesboro. knott county won by 19, but was only up by 7 at the half. they have a lot of upcoming seniors that have stepped up. they look very good. knott county 76 middlesboro 57
Seeing the teams that I have seen so far reinforces my thought that the region is down. My redhounds have not looked as good and now NO Coach Parsons. Bell looked good and Whitley. South Laurel looked terrible losing to whitley (expected) as well as to North Laurel who also beat Pineville and looked improved but still not that good. Knox Central looked bad but they were missing two players that may help but I doubt to a very competitive level. I have not been able to see Harlan County who I think will be good and Clay who I think will NOT be much more than competitive this year. Could be a interesting year!
I wish i could get over there to watch some of these games.
Summer ball is a great indicator on what you have for the next year.
I was told Whitley hasnt lost a game yet, is that true?
Also heard Bell hadnt lost either.
Harlan Co. beat Whitley at Union College last week.
^
Thanks for the update.

I had also heard both teams were a little shorthanded. Obviously this could be wrong, because finding out the truth of summer games is nearly impossible, but i expect Whitley, Bell, and Harlan County to be the frontrunners next year.
HCHS beat Whitley by two at Union but Whitley won by nine at HCHS earlier.
I'd put Bell, Whitley and Corbin as the favorites, with Harlan County and Clay County rounding out the top five.
^
Without Parsons, im not sure Corbin will be as big of a threat. Obviously the Wilson twins are both top 10 players in the region, but Parsons flat out coached that team last year.
I still think its going to be a Whitley or Bell taking it home, but i think Harlan County is in that third spot, followed by Corbin.

Thanks for the update as well.
Its really hard to get info on summer games unless you actually watch or have family playing in them.
Sorry if I have missed something but where did Coach Parson's go?
Never mind, just read the Corbin job opening thread.
Here is Bell County Scores from the Union College Team Camp

Bell County 52 McCreary Central 30 at Union College. (Maci Morris lead with 20 points)
Bell County 45 Corbin 34 at Union College (Maci Morris lead with 17 points)
Bell County 36 Harlan 22 at Union College (Morgan Garnett,Maci Morris lead with 10 points
Bell County 55 Whitley County 34 at Union College. (Maci Morris lead with 19 points)
Bell County 54 Barbourville 34 at Union College (Maci Morris lead with 17 points)
Scores from Harlan County High School on June 6

Bell County 50 Harlan County 29 (Maci Morris, Jessica Sanders lead with 14 points
Bell County 46 Leslie County 39 (Jessica Sanders lead with 12 points)
wildcats fan Wrote:Here is Bell County Scores from the Union College Team Camp

Bell County 52 McCreary Central 30 at Union College. (Maci Morris lead with 20 points)
Bell County 45 Corbin 34 at Union College (Maci Morris lead with 17 points)
Bell County 36 Harlan 22 at Union College (Morgan Garnett,Maci Morris lead with 10 points
Bell County 55 Whitley County 34 at Union College. (Maci Morris lead with 19 points)
Bell County 54 Barbourville 34 at Union College (Maci Morris lead with 17 points)

I wouldn't put to much stock in these game results. I was told Whitley had already played 2 games back to back with the 2nd going to overtime, before playing Bell for a 3rd straight game. I was told it was Bell's first game of the day.:Cheerlead
Whitley also lost to Wayne I think is what a parent told me.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:I wouldn't put to much stock in these game results. I was told Whitley had already played 2 games back to back with the 2nd going to overtime, before playing Bell for a 3rd straight game. I was told it was Bell's first game of the day.:Cheerlead

Wizzard by the looks of the score it would not have mattered much.
If Morris transfers to Corbin everyone else is playing for second.
^
If she transfers to Whitley, the rest of the state is playing for second Confusednicker:
Matt Dillon Wrote:Whitley also lost to Wayne I think is what a parent told me.
From what my source told me about this game....you may want to get with Festus and re-check your facts.:Thumbs:
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:From what my source told me about this game....you may want to get with Festus and re-check your facts.:Thumbs:

I was there Wizzard. I kept the score....time to be quiet. The big girl from Wayne is good. She abused Whitley. Now time to be quiet. :biglmao:
Matt Dillon Wrote:I was there Wizzard. I kept the score....time to be quiet. The big girl from Wayne is good. She abused Whitley. Now time to be quiet. :biglmao:

Originally Posted by Matt Dillon
Whitley also lost to Wayne I think is what a parent told me.

It appears to me that someone has a little trouble with the TRUTH!!!

Whitley won the first half by 1 point. Whitley tied the second half with a 3-pointer at the buzzer. Let's see....if you add the two halves together that would be a WIN for WHITLEY....by 1 point. Time for YOU to get your eyes checked and be QUIET! :biglmao: You and Festus need to siphor a lil' better!
Wizzard I am a Whitley parent.......
Matt Dillon Wrote:Wizzard I am a Whitley parent.......

Right....If you were a Whitley Parent you wouldn't be saying we got beat when we didn't. I got some ocean front property in Arizona I'll sell you if your interested...Confusednicker:
Wizzard I had a Whitley parent basically tell me the same thing. They lost and the big kid from Wayne killed them.
Bell is looking pretty good. Monday the 10th they played @ Grainger County. They beat Cocke County, Morristown East, and Grainger County. Today they played @ South Laurel. They beat South Laurel and Danville was suppost to play Rockcastle but for some reason Rockcastle didn't play us and we played South Laurel. This makes them 13-0 for Varsity Summer Ball. WAY TO GO LADY CATS!!!!
The Bell County Lady Cats will be in action Wednesday 12th at LMU and Thursday 13th at South Laurel. Then they will go on the road Monday the 18th to Lindsey Wilson. Thursday 20th they will be at Bell County High School then it is off to UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY basketball camp Friday 21st. GOOOO CATS!!!!
Debating a win or a loss in June??? Seriously???? Does it really matter??? Break down the game and who played well and who did not. Or for that matter who played and did not. I know Whitley had some injuries and some kids missing, or at least that is what I heard. If not it is still no big deal.

Summer is a time to get better and find that diamond in the rough for the coming season. Whitley is trying to change some things and get better defensively and get prepared for the coming season. They girls are getting used to the new coaching staff and they are learning the kids....

Take the loss and move on...I promise it is no big deal.
Pages: 1 2 3