Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is perry central going to fire spurlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I heard today that perry central was going to fire spurlock.
^ they would have to pay him...
I hear its a done deal. He is gone after Wednesday!
Are they going to fire Spurlock just because ,Beverly dont like him. Stuff like this is getting crazy!!!!
Spurdog Wrote:I hear its a done deal. He is gone after Wednesday!

I heard the same thing. But who will be his replacement
Hearing that also. Lots of stuff happening in Perry and Knott right now.

Mix1...
ekff Wrote:^ they would have to pay him...
He can be fired as a coach and not as a teacher, therefore I think they can get by with not paying for a coaching stipend. I think some people forget coaches in most situations are hired as teachers first a (contract) and coach second as a (stipend).
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:He can be fired as a coach and not as a teacher, therefore I think they can get by with not paying for a coaching stipend. I think some people forget coaches in most situations are hired as teachers first a (contract) and coach second as a (stipend).

I don't think a coach can be fire after April 30.
Mix1 Wrote:Hearing that also. Lots of stuff happening in Perry and Knott right now. Mix1...

Such as?
Here is a little insight on the situation...

http://www.bluegrasssportsreport.com/app...ry-central
Downtown10 Wrote:Here is a little insight on the situation...

http://www.bluegrasssportsreport.com/app...ry-central

I know bluegrasssportsreport.com isn't a legit news source or anything...

but Jalen broke stories on Jaysean Paige, Spurlock leaving Sheldon Clark and now he's coming out with this.

I don't doubt this for a second.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Such as?

This and player transfers.

Mix1...
Well, I can't say I am surprised by this move. Spurlock was brought to PCC for one reason, and that one reason being, Justin Johnson. Knott and Cordia have brought in some new recruits this offseason, so now it is time for Perry to make their move. As it looks right now, Perry is the third best team in the region behind Knott and Cordia. So you can about guarantee who ever is chosen for the head coaching position, will be bringing in another talented recruit to PCC with them.
I believe extra duty positions, such as coaching, have to be notified in writing by May 15th if there is going to be a reduction in their salary in terms of stipends. If he was not notified by that date then I do believe he will have to be paid his stipend if he was let go at this point.
I would think they could fire him as coach, But he would still have a teaching position. They may have to pay him something, There having camp this week until Wednesday, If they keep it in the system I say Hoskins gets the new job if not they have someone else in mind maybe Noble you never know. The issue here is if they do fire Spurlock will Johnson play if they dont will Beverly stay?? There is a lot of questions to be answered in the next few weeks.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Well, I can't say I am surprised by this move. Spurlock was brought to PCC for one reason, and that one reason being, Justin Johnson. Knott and Cordia have brought in some new recruits this offseason, so now it is time for Perry to make their move. As it looks right now, Perry is the third best team in the region behind Knott and Cordia. So you can about guarantee who ever is chosen for the head coaching position, will be bringing in another talented recruit to PCC with them.

I see this being Shannon or Noble's job and no one else.

That's just me.

In years past I would have said they go out and get someone, but I think this job will be filled in-house or bring in Noble.

I wouldn't promise you that Noble is interested, though.
Who's the player that PCC might be getting?
Cat Daddy Wrote:Well, I can't say I am surprised by this move. Spurlock was brought to PCC for one reason, and that one reason being, Justin Johnson. Knott and Cordia have brought in some new recruits this offseason, so now it is time for Perry to make their move. As it looks right now, Perry is the third best team in the region behind Knott and Cordia. So you can about guarantee who ever is chosen for the head coaching position, will be bringing in another talented recruit to PCC with them.

Saw Knott play last night at the sportsplex. They do not have any new players!!!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Saw Knott play last night at the sportsplex. They do not have any new players!!!

I'd say not.. You won't until July or August when school starts back..

Mix1...
KingRex Wrote:I believe extra duty positions, such as coaching, have to be notified in writing by May 15th if there is going to be a reduction in their salary in terms of stipends. If he was not notified by that date then I do believe he will have to be paid his stipend if he was let go at this point.

If the date is the same as it is in Pike then the coach must be fired by May 15. We have been there and done that at East Ridge.
It may never happen but I would go after Raymond justice if it was me. And I don't think noble has a chance at getting it. I would give justice what he wanted and the addition of Cameron justice to perry would be unbelievable
^ never, ever, ever happening. Hate seeing that year after year, there is nothing about Perry to make people jet from Knott. Raymond has as much control as he wants in knott right now.
Perry should have went with Shannon to begin with.

Would PCC look at Denny Fugate?
Like I said...
I think Shannon will get it and keep it.
BSR reported that it's official,, Shannon is getting the job.

Mix1...
Who is Shannon? Is that first or last name?
Shannon Hoskins and he should have gotten the job in the 1st place when Hatcher left.
Shows how much I know...
They are now accepting applications.
Shannon Hoskins is officially the new coach. My question is dose Johnson leave with Spurlock?
dore20 Wrote:Shannon Hoskins is officially the new coach. My question is dose Johnson leave with Spurlock?

He's taking over coaching duties.

The head coaching position is open and they are now accepting applications per AD Randy Napier.

When all is said and done - Shannon may very well be the coach.

But they are taking applications.
Pages: 1 2