Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ranking The State Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. St. Xavier
2. Central Hardin
3. Collins
4. Lone Oak
5. Pleasure Ridge Park
6. Tates Creek
7. Henderson Co.
8. Ryle
9. Harrison Co.
10. Mercer Co.
11. Apollo
12. Ashland Blazer
13. Letcher Central
14. Logan Co.
15. North Laurel
16. Prestonburg
I would probably switch Tates Creek and Collins. Creek beat them 5-1 earlier this year.
http://khsaa.org/baseball/2013/statebaseballbracket.pdf

Here's the bracket for the tournament.
Curveball 24 Wrote:1. St. Xavier
2. Central Hardin
3. Collins
4. Lone Oak
5. Pleasure Ridge Park
6. Tates Creek
7. Henderson Co.
8. Ryle
9. Harrison Co.
10. Mercer Co.
11. Apollo
12. Ashland Blazer
13. Letcher Central
14. Logan Co.
15. North Laurel
16. Prestonburg
There is no way North laurel is the 15th best team in this tournament! IMO They are clearly stronger than Letcher Central and Ashland Blazer. Dont know that much about the rest of the field, but NL has a great chance to get to the final 4. They can win the first game with any one of their top 4 pitchers and then still have 3 strong pitchers for the quarterfinal game against the winner of Apollo/Mercer County.
Henderson finished the reason ranked 5th in the state.
Prestonsburg beat Letcher at Letcher 8-1 just a few weeks ago.
After watching Salow from Ashland throw a perfect game against Lawrence County a few weeks ago, I believe they have an outstanding shot at winning at least 1 game in this thing...

Hard to go by schedules...Prestonsburg beat Letcher Central a few weeks back. I believe Johnson Central beat North Laurel earlier in the season. You just never know with high school baseball...

Good luck to all the teams in the tourney, but especially my Blackcats...
There is no doubt that North could end up in the final 4 and possible the final game if they take that risk with the 2nd round and save Hurley for the final 4. The kid can bring the ball. Good luck North would be nice to see you go along way.
At this point no need to rank them, anything can happen this time of year. Good luck Black Cats and Letcher Central. Represent the mountains well.
Tate's Creek over Collins and I think PRP is in the top 5
The teams that made the state tournament, this is what they were ranked in the final regular season poll (May 24)

1. Central Hardin
2. St. X
4. Tates Creek
5. Henderson County
6. PRP
9. Lone Oak
10. Ryle
12. Collins
13. Mercer County
15. Harrison County
16. Apollo
21. Ashland
25. Logan County (tied with Glasgow)

Letcher Central, North Laurel and Prestonsburg were not ranked
I believe last years runner up (Henderson County) is playing their best baseball right now. I think they should be much higher rated.
Apollo has kids that can put the ball in play and go 4 deep in their rotation. We will see today how they do.
If I am not mistaken Powell Co played Woodford Co to a very close 4-3 lose. I know that waslast year but that goes to show you play in always different in tournament time. You can throw what you did in the regular season out the w Dow. Look how many top 25 teams got left out. Win when it matters. Good luck to all teams.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:There is no way North laurel is the 15th best team in this tournament! IMO They are clearly stronger than Letcher Central and Ashland Blazer. Dont know that much about the rest of the field, but NL has a great chance to get to the final 4. They can win the first game with any one of their top 4 pitchers and then still have 3 strong pitchers for the quarterfinal game against the winner of Apollo/Mercer County.

bigguy989 Wrote:There is no doubt that North could end up in the final 4 and possible the final game if they take that risk with the 2nd round and save Hurley for the final 4. The kid can bring the ball. Good luck North would be nice to see you go along way.

I LOVE it when teams ALWAYS under estimate the 15h Region! Makes it sooo much funner when you get to walk in and smack their asses back to reality.....:dontthink