Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southeast Christian Church has a Backbone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Southeast Christian Church of Louisville, one of the largest churches in the country, has severed its ties with the Boy Scouts of American and will no longer sponsor a troop.

It is reassuring to see a church actually stand up for its basic beliefs. Good for them. Some of the other churches, like the Catholic Church, can learn from Southeast Christian and maybe even grow a backbone.

Basic beliefs don't change to suit the times. It is time for other Christian groups to stop being bullied and to become relevant.
Something that I find even as disturbing is the number of writings that are out now describing Lord Robert Baden Powell, the founder of BSA, was a " repressed " homosexual. In 1912, Lord Powell married Olave Soames who was his constant companion. Together they had three children ( Peter, Heather and Betty ) . Doesn't sound like a repressed homosexual to me. Lord Robert, died in 1941 at the age of 83. His loving wife, Olave, carried on his work until her death in 1977.... It isn't enough for special interest to ram thier ill conceived agendas on society. Now they want to be character assassins. On another note: I heard the Mormon Church has chosen to " turn the other cheek " and continue with their support. Rather disturbing.....
Loon Wrote:Something that I find even as disturbing is the number of writings that are out now describing Lord Robert Baden Powell, the founder of BSA, was a " repressed " homosexual. In 1912, Lord Powell married Olave Soames who was his constant companion. Together they had three children ( Peter, Heather and Betty ) . Doesn't sound like a repressed homosexual to me. Lord Robert, died in 1941 at the age of 83. His loving wife, Olave, carried on his work until her death in 1977.... It isn't enough for special interest to ram thier ill conceived agendas on society. Now they want to be character assassins. On another note: I heard the Mormon Church has chosen to " turn the other cheek " and continue with their support. Rather disturbing.....

That is how the liberals operate. If you can't honestly win the argument, demonize those on the other side. Lord Powell has been dead for many years. It makes him a convenient target for the homosexual supporters. They never let truth get in their way and, of course, no one in the media would report otherwise. They are all, shall we say, in bed together.

As for the Mormons, it appears that they, too, need a backbone.
Memo Luna Wrote:That is how the liberals operate. If you can't honestly win the argument, demonize those on the other side. Lord Powell has been dead for many years. It makes him a convenient target for the homosexual supporters. They never let truth get in their way and, of course, no one in the media would report otherwise. They are all, shall we say, in bed together.

As for the Mormons, it appears that they, too, need a backbone.

For the true believer liberal, no depth is too low to stoop to advance Satan's agenda. From calling Lord Powell a repressed homosexual, to public servants heading up the tax exempt division of the IRS taking the 5th. Liberals have no line they will not cross to advance their master's agenda.

Make no mistake, even the once rock solid Southern Baptists are in the fight of their lives to keep the Southern Baptist Convention traditionally conservative. Liberalism is advancing on all fronts. Liberalism is the absence of absolutes, and therefore all truth to them is relative. I mean, just try to pin one down in conversation and one will readily come to that understanding. And after all, is that not what caused man to fall in the first place? Satan rationalized with Eve at the garden to compromise God's law which, at the time, had only one point of obedience;
Genesis 2:16-17 (KJV)
16 "And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."

And so through Eve's disobedience, sin entered the world and man began to know death. Satan is the god of this world (earth) because his dominion is that of death. God on the other hand, is the God of life, which is proffered to men through His Son Jesus Christ. To choose this world and deny God as Creator and Lord is to choose death. To bow before Him in repentance is to choose life.