Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County 6 Hazard 3 (14th Region)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
huge upset
LOL... They blow up again..Mehan should be run out of town on a rail...Had the best team 3 years in a row and can't get it done.
I understand that people think it is an upset, but never count out Coach Varney against Hazard. Someone tell me what powell county and hazards record is against each other since 2006.
It is an upset. It was an upset last year when Hazard blowed up against Estill and the year before that when Hazard blowed up against Letcher. Hazard lacks the mental toughness to play in big games when they clearly have had the best team in each of the last 3 years and you can chalk that up to bad coaching because you don't have your team prepared mentally.
PC Sports Wrote:I understand that people think it is an upset, but never count out Coach Varney against Hazard. Someone tell me what powell county and hazards record is against each other since 2006.

7-1...I do have to agree with com-on-man about it being an upset...Powell has been up and down all year that's why they were at 19-15 coming into this game, Pirates are a good team, always have been but when you knock off a top 25 team that's suppose to be the heavy favorite in your region to make it to Whitaker, yeah it's an upset.
I will say that Hatmaker was the perfect pitcher to throw against Hazard because Hazard swings from their heels all the time looking to hit the long ball and they hit a couple tonight but Hatmaker's best stuff is his off speed pitches and he was able to get those over most of the night and Hazard played right into his hands by continuing to swing from their heels and were unable to string much together. Their bat path is terrible which makes them vulnerable to the off speed stuff if you can get it over.
Looks like Hazard was completely looking past Hazard and it came back to bite em!
Congrats Powell.Big upset.Powell gained momentum and made big plays behind an outstanding pitching performance by Hatmaker who went the distance.I was very impressed with Powell's hitting and their game plan.
You just have to take one game at a time. We learned our lesson last year.
What a joke Come-on-Man! Yea boy, Meehan pitched terrible last night! Walked the lead-off man to start the first four innings, then he threw the ball all over the field to advance runners.
If we hadn't used our three best pitchers, I don't know how bad it would have been. Oh, he was terrible at the plate also. Went hitless with the team getting 5 hits! Thank God for Jake Roll going 3 for 3 and Jordon Olinger's shot or it would have been real ugly!

The favorite the last three years! You need to get out and see more baseball. I'm blue and gold to the bone, but ask some of our breathren in the 14th Region and I believe you'll find we're not held quite to the esteem you appear to have us.

Some of you jokers on here don't have any clue how hard it is to win a region in any sport in any region! Were we good enough to win region; I believe yes. Did we play good enough to win region, not close!

By the way, if anyone on here thinks I'm throwing our kids under the bus, you're dead wrong! Our kids played hard, the effort just wasn't good enough. Sometimes, for whatever reason, it just doesn't happen.

Go Bulldogs!
BlueGold1 Wrote:What a joke Come-on-Man! Yea boy, Meehan pitched terrible last night! Walked the lead-off man to start the first four innings, then he threw the ball all over the field to advance runners.
If we hadn't used our three best pitchers, I don't know how bad it would have been. Oh, he was terrible at the plate also. Went hitless with the team getting 5 hits! Thank God for Jake Roll going 3 for 3 and Jordon Olinger's shot or it would have been real ugly!

The favorite the last three years! You need to get out and see more baseball. I'm blue and gold to the bone, but ask some of our breathren in the 14th Region and I believe you'll find we're not held quite to the esteem you appear to have us.

Some of you jokers on here don't have any clue how hard it is to win a region in any sport in any region! Were we good enough to win region; I believe yes. Did we play good enough to win region, not close!

By the way, if anyone on here thinks I'm throwing our kids under the bus, you're dead wrong! Our kids played hard, the effort just wasn't good enough. Sometimes, for whatever reason, it just doesn't happen.

Go Bulldogs!

It's very difficult to win region in any sport because the other teams come to play. It wouldn't surprise me at all if tonight's game between Powell and Knott is close, maybe within couple runs it's because teams come ready to play.
This just made the Letcher Central v.s. Estill Co. game. A whole lot more interesting!!!