Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 8th Region Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
May 27th-30th at South Oldham

May 27th
Simon Kenton (21-14) vs. Gallatin County (10-21) - 10:00 AM
Collins (29-6) vs. South Oldham (19-15) - 12:30 PM
Spencer County (21-10) vs. Owen County (17-17) - 3:00 PM
Walton-Verona (11-17) vs. North Oldham (17-12) - 5:30 PM

May 28th
Simon Kenton/Gallatin County vs. Collins/South Oldham - 5:30 PM
Spencer County/Owen County vs. Walton-Verona/North Oldham - 8:00 PM

May 30th
Championship - 6:00 PM
It never fails, every year Collins draws South Oldham in every sport.
Yep, nice reward for winning your district, huh?
Spencer got a nice first game draw.
Schs42 Wrote:Yep, nice reward for winning your district, huh?
Spencer got a nice first game draw.

Sure is. Spencer did get a nice draw, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the championship.
And another thing that makes it harder. Graduation Saturday, all night project graduation party at SCHS, play Monday...most of those seniors will be out until 3-5 AM Sunday morning...hope they are ready to go Monday.
Schs42 Wrote:And another thing that makes it harder. Graduation Saturday, all night project graduation party at SCHS, play Monday...most of those seniors will be out until 3-5 AM Sunday morning...hope they are ready to go Monday.

Hopefully that won't have much of an impact on the game. Collins will have to hit the ball better than they have been and play better defense in order to win the region. They have good pitching, they just need to hit the ball better. I still like their chances at advancing to state.
Amen!!
May 27th

Simon Kenton 10, Gallatin County 4
Collins 7, South Oldham 6
Spencer County 11, Owen County 4
North Oldham 14, Walton-Verona 2 (5 innings)

May 28th

Simon Kenton vs. Collins - 5:30 PM
Spencer County vs. North Oldham - 8:00 PM
Collins over Simon Kenton. Not sure what Simon Kenton brings to the table.
Spencer over North.
May 28th

Collins 5, Simon Kenton 2
Spencer County 6, North Oldham 2

May 30th

Collins vs. Spencer County - 6:00 PM

The championship will be a rematch of the 30th district championship. Neither team has ever made it to the state tournament or even advanced to the regional championship game before.
There is probably 3 or 4 of the Collins kids who played for Shelby as freshman in 2010 when they went.
2 dressed, played very sparingly, and most people think it was an attempt to keep athletes over at Shelby as they knew the split was coming. This group graduating between both schools is one of better groups to come through the pipeline....Anderson will reap the be benefits of all these seniors moving on between Shelby and Collins next year.
Yes they will and it sucks that it had to be that way. Thanks again Mrs. Farris for ruining SC school system.
Shelby County will win district and maybe region next year.....
This might have been a good year for that.
Anderson will have the best team coming back in the district next year. They finished and played well towards the end. One successful squeeze play (that Coach Barnes didnt try) and they beat Collins in game one of the district. Shelby is losing waaaay too much offense with Bruner and Veely graduating. Boone, Moore and Dugle on the mound will be a plus, and maybe gives them the edge over Collins across town. Collins will return Wiley and Jefferies to man the offense. Wiley cannot continue to pitch and catch....that will be tough. My understanding from a Spencer parent is they lose alot to graduation. I just see Anderson in the drivers seat next year, with the remaining 3 spots a toss up.
I know you all don't care but Owen is only losing 2! They should be strong next yr!
This my take. Collins loses way to much pitching and offense. Spencer had 9 seniors. Probably 7 starters. Anderson did lose like 5 starters but do have a lot of young talent. Shelby will have better defense infield and question mark for outfield. Offense will be fine. Look for Moore to have a big year. Dugle will be healthy. Look for Standafer, Everson, Gammon,Likes, and Wills to step up. Owen will have a good team. Those 2 seniors will hard to replace.