Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Holder OK'd search warrant for Fox News reporter's private emails, official says
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't worry, America, President Obama has already asked Attorney General Eric Holder to investigate himself to find out what went wrong at the Justice Department in this case.

It would be poetic justice if this scandal is the one that finally drives this crook from office. No scandal in the history of the presidency warrants a special prosecutor more than this one, but I suspect Holder knows too much for Obama to tick him off. Holder cannot be trusted to investigate himself. No criminal warrants that kind of trust.

[INDENT]
Quote:Holder OK'd search warrant for Fox News reporter's private emails, official says

Attorney General Eric Holder signed off on a controversial search warrant that identified Fox News reporter James Rosen as a “possible co-conspirator” in violations of the Espionage Act and authorized seizure of his private emails, a law enforcement official told NBC News on Thursday.

The disclosure of the attorney general’s role came as President Barack Obama, in a major speech on his counterterrorism policy, said Holder had agreed to review Justice Department guidelines governing investigations that involve journalists.

"I am troubled by the possibility that leak investigations may chill the investigative journalism that holds government accountable," Obama said. "Journalists should not be at legal risk for doing their jobs."
[/INDENT]
And farther down the hole this horrible president goes.
crickets
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:And farther down the hole this horrible president goes.

I'm beginning to believe this President could get videoed drowning kittens and his approval rating wouldn't go down...too many fools have gone all in for this little fellow and they will not waiver. Most of them (uninformed fools) think that Barry and Hillary are the only two on earth worthy of the office.

Did you happen to catch any of Obama's "Close GITMO" speech that was highlighted by a heckler? With every fiber of my being, I believe that the speech was meant to distract and the heckler was a plant. Obama knew exactly when her que was.

I'm almost past gagging when looking/listening to our President and his band of thugs, it's now becoming comical.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:I'm beginning to believe this President could get videoed drowning kittens and his approval rating wouldn't go down...too many fools have gone all in for this little fellow and they will not waiver. Most of them (uninformed fools) think that Barry and Hillary are the only two on earth worthy of the office.

Did you happen to catch any of Obama's "Close GITMO" speech that was highlighted by a heckler? With every fiber of my being, I believe that the speech was meant to distract and the heckler was a plant. Obama knew exactly when her que was.

I'm almost past gagging when looking/listening to our President and his band of thugs, it's now becoming comical.
Great post, Skinny. The uninformed fools are dangerous because of their votes, but the most dangerous fools are the ones who know exactly what this administration has done and what they are capable of doing and continue to support them. They are the kind of fools that helped stoke Hitler's furnaces and they have been empowering tyrants for millenia. The Soviets thought of them as useful fools or idiots. There is nothing useful about them to a free society.
Obama has ordered an investigation of the James Rosen matter. He has appointed Holder to do the investigation and to report back to Obama in July.

Holder is investigating the actions of Holder. Anyone want to guess how this one will turn out?

With the Benghazi investigation, at least Obama tried to make it look like a real investigation. He did appoint Mullen and Pickering, both of whom were and are beholden to Obama, to lead the effort. Anyone aware of the principals involved knew it was not an independent investigation and how it would end, And, that is what happened.

With this one, Obama didn't bother to make it look like anything but what it really is- a snow job.
We should start a pool for when Obama will throw Holder under the bus. He lied to Issa's committee under oath, assuming that NBC's report was correct. Obama may have no choice but to fire Holder in a last ditch effort to avoid agreeing to a special prosecutor.

Unless somebody at the White House was calling the shots, the right thing to do and the right thing to do politically would be to fire Holder AND demand a special prosecutor. If Obama does anything else, then we can assume the cover-up has entered a new stage and either Obama or the top people in his inner circle were involved.

Does anybody else remember Obama campaigning against Fox News Channel and personally attacking Sean Hannity? Karma...or cause and effect - either way Obama has created a mess for himself.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:I'm beginning to believe this President could get videoed drowning kittens and his approval rating wouldn't go down...too many fools have gone all in for this little fellow and they will not waiver. Most of them (uninformed fools) think that Barry and Hillary are the only two on earth worthy of the office.

Thats just it Skinny, I do think his approval rating is going down, you will just never see that true study done.

I haven't quite managed that level yet. This was the first speech in quite a while I could make myself watch from start to finish. It occurred to me that the reason he is capable of a smooth delivery even when he knows every word is meant to mislead or distract is because all of his speeches are merely a series of one choreograph after the other. The speech before the UN on September 25, 2012 revealed that to me. His delivery is that which one would expect to see in a college class room. I mean, when it came time to make public comments, he even chose to speak to students during his recent visit to Israel. And, his remarks to them were the ones which were more widely published.

College is where he developed his style of lecturing folks across this planet as if from a position of knowledge and experience, where none of either actually exists. I continue to believe that with him, the end justifies the means. So, misleading people is just another tool to be used over and over again.