Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: When disaster hits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
TheRealVille Wrote:My social security comes right out of my check. I'll take half then. But, you did notice the words "that I paid in"? Again, there was no brag anywhere in my previous post, unlike your brag about comparing portfolios. If the US, or you christians, in your "christian nation" like I said, will give me what I've paid into social security, in one lump sum, and someone buys my house, I will gladly leave it to your "christian" nation. Until then, as long as I pay taxes, I'll vote for, and say, what I want.

I think I've figured it out. You are terrified of Christians and their beliefs. I thought all along that you were just ignorant. Actually, it is much more than that.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I think I've figured it out. You are terrified of Christians and their beliefs. I thought all along that you were just ignorant. Actually, it is much more than that.
I'm not terrified of Christians, I'm terrified of christians. I see you are an expert at diverting the attention to your words away from you.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I would rather my tax money help rebuild Oklahoma City or surrounding cities. Than to pay congressman and politicians.

amen
TheRealVille Wrote:Meaning, pay me one lump sum for the social security I've paid in, for the past 30 years, and buy my house. That social security is mine, I paid into it, it is not an "entitlement, or welfare program". That house is mine, I bought, and paid for it. Don't make more out of what I said, than what I said. There wasn't a brag anywhere in my post. You are a republican, and doing what they do best, twist words.

you just went over his head
TheRealVille Wrote:My social security comes right out of my check. I'll take half then. But, you did notice the words "that I paid in"? Again, there was no brag anywhere in my previous post, unlike your brag about comparing portfolios. If the US, or you christians, in your "christian nation" like I said, will give me what I've paid into social security, in one lump sum, and someone buys my house, I will gladly leave it to your "christian" nation. Until then, as long as I pay taxes, I'll vote for, and say, what I want.

you went way over his head this time
TheRealVille Wrote:[Image: 945453_10151445781121275_1173788233_n.jpg]

oh they will have there hands out trust me tea party's favorite saying keep government out of my medicare
vector Wrote:you went way over his head this time

Over my head? Not a scintilla of a chance. Over your head? Quite possibly.
I believe, as I have stated on here before, the primary role of the Fed. Govt should be to help with logistics in natural disasters. E.G. organizing equipment and personnel from other regions who may have experience with dealing with a particular type of disaster. As well as providing money for infrastructure repairs/rebuilding. E.G road clearing and repairs.

If you talk to people who have worked in areas of massive devastation after a natural disaster, they can tell you how terrible the federal govt is at doing their job. Why would you have people from DC running operations in Oklahoma, or any other state? It is best handled by the people who know and live in the region to run it.

However, since the federal govt already sucks up so much tax money (and wastes most of it) there is little the states can do financially to take on the type of burden a natural disaster brings.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Your heart is black.

Reality is there are people who have no family that worked there entire life paying taxes that can barely pay there bills. On land that they more than likely worked to pay for.

You think 80 year old women know what liquidate means?

Proverbs 22:9 -
He who is generous will be blessed, For he gives some of his food to the poor

Philippians 2:4 -
do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.

Matthew 25:35-40 - Words of Jesus Christ

'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You drink? 'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 'And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.

And since the United States is founded upon Christianity and the Bible. We should Obey it.

Agreed 100%.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I would rather my tax money help rebuild Oklahoma City or surrounding cities. Than to pay congressman and politicians.

what do you think about all the money we have wasted in the middle east
vector Wrote:what do you think about all the money we have wasted in the middle east

I would say it has produced the same results as the trillions spent on poverty programs.
Pages: 1 2