Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New head coaches and their profiles???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are new hire head coaches in the state and what are there credentials??? Curious to know what standards schools are using to hire new coaches...... and how those standards relate to success?? Or do schools believe luck plays a part in picking coaches?
Will Wofford, Saint Xavier. His coaching back ground is limited but he played 13 years in the NFL and he was a partial owner for the Louisville Fire...arena league team. I do know he is trying to surround himself with quality coaches. He has Browning Nagle as the OC (Former UL alumni and NFL QB), Chris Redman as the QB Coach (Former NFL QB) and Joe Jacoby (Former NFL OL) just to name a few. I will say having played in the league doesn't mean it translates to being a good coach, but I would think these guys could put something together with their experience.
^Wow, what a coaching staff for a high school team.
Nice Staff, most College Staff's want have any better qualified people. Good Luck!!
Brother Xavier Wrote:Will Wofford, Saint Xavier. His coaching back ground is limited but he played 13 years in the NFL and he was a partial owner for the Louisville Fire...arena league team. I do know he is trying to surround himself with quality coaches. He has Browning Nagle as the OC (Former UL alumni and NFL QB), Chris Redman as the QB Coach (Former NFL QB) and Joe Jacoby (Former NFL OL) just to name a few. I will say having played in the league doesn't mean it translates to being a good coach, but I would think these guys could put something together with their experience.

Shoot, that ain't nothing. Our coach once, at a Cincinnati Bengals game, talked to Bear Bryants' cousins sisters aunts neices fourth cousin. And she told him all about the secret plays and stuff he used to do. You better watch out for us this year, we gonna win it all. ConfusedingleparConfusedingleparConfusedinglepar
College from HS is a different game as most know. So unless you can make it simple for the HS kids to understand. It dont matter how many college years you have.
He's at St. X, it is like college football anyway. You get to choose the best of the best there. And besides, college guys probably played high school football at one time, some guys can coach and some guys can't, thats all that matters.
I'm sure they are all geat guys and will probably be good coaches but to me this is a recruiting ploy more than anything!
Jeff Griffith hasn’t known what it’s felt like to coach in a losing high school football game since the 2010 season and now he’s in charge of trying to get Boone County turned around after a disappointing 2012 season.
Griffith, who has been defensive coordinator at Bowling Green since 2002, including the 15-0 Class 5A state championship teams in 2011 and 2012, was named on Monday as head coach at Boone County. He replaces Rick Thompson, who resigned after 15 seasons as Boone County’s head coach during which he compiled a 94-83 record, including reaching the state semifinals in Class 4A (when it was the biggest class in the state) in 2004 and 2007, in Class 6A in 2011 and having 10 straight winning seasons from 1999-2008.
Griffith was head coach at Wayne County from 1998-2001 and compiled a 19-25 record. He was previously an assistant at Greenwood from 1995-97 and a prior stint at Bowling from 1990-94.
He also has a son, Owen, who was a starting outside linebacker on this past season’s state championship team as a junior. Owen, who is listed at 6 feet 5, 184 pounds, recorded 61 tackles, three fumble recoveries and returned his only interception for a touchdown.

Coach Griff will run a wide open offense and a smothering defense similar to what Bowling Green runs. Give him a few years and Boone County will be able to compete with anybody in the state. Best defensive coach I have ever seen.
Cellking Wrote:Nice Staff, most College Staff's want have any better qualified people. Good Luck!!

It probably pays better than most college staffs.
Its the number one "advantage" these bigger privates have that never gets talked about.

Do you think these guys would go coach Manual for the top pay there? I would assume its much less and these assistants would make about 1500 for a entire season.