Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Shooters In The 59th District
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just curious to see what you all have to say
Jordan Mullins from East Ridge shot the lights out of it this summer. I look for him to have a great Senior season.
Jordan Mullins
Jordan Mullins & Jacob Bryant from Valley.
how come in the 59th blake stumbo don't get any recognition against riverside he hit 10 threes and against onieda baptist he hit 9 not counting how many other times he hit multiple three's in a game....
East Ridge has all the best shooters in the 59th. The Warriors will dominate the 59th. It will be East Ridge 1st, followed by Shelby Valley, then David in 3rd, Pikeville will finish in last place. ER will be untouchable!!
CaNtBeStOpPeD23 Wrote:how come in the 59th blake stumbo don't get any recognition against riverside he hit 10 threes and against onieda baptist he hit 9 not counting how many other times he hit multiple three's in a game....
The Stumbo kid is the only one that can shoot for David, but until they even resemble a team, don't expect him to be mentioned. They get beat so bad, most schools just let him shoot wide open 3's to keep the score close. He would get a little bit more respect if he would give more effort on defense, he justs stands and won't guard anyone. However, anytime that someone can hit 10 3's in a game, it is very impressive.
bball fan Wrote:East Ridge has all the best shooters in the 59th. The Warriors will dominate the 59th. It will be East Ridge 1st, followed by Shelby Valley, then David in 3rd, Pikeville will finish in last place. ER will be untouchable!!
you are stupid
lol.......pikeville last its more like Valley Pikeville ER then David
CaNtBeStOpPeD23 Wrote:how come in the 59th blake stumbo don't get any recognition against riverside he hit 10 threes and against onieda baptist he hit 9 not counting how many other times he hit multiple three's in a game....

What is his shooting percentage? How many attempts did it take for him to hit all those 3's?
Mr.Baseball2 Wrote:you are stupid

I was being sarcastic. I just agree with ERBlueforever so I won't have to read all of his rants about almighty Yeast Ridge!!
bballfan, get your towel out and get ready to cry in Dikeville, because it will be East Ridge and Shelby Valley advancing to the regional tournament this year. Our District was down last year and Pikeville advanced with a losing record.
:kneel:
ERblue4ever Wrote:bballfan, get your towel out and get ready to cry in Dikeville, because it will be East Ridge and Shelby Valley advancing to the regional tournament this year. Our District was down last year and Pikeville advanced with a losing record.

And if East Ridge could have beat Pukeville in the districts, they would have advanced with a losing record also, is that correct?
bball fan Wrote:East Ridge has all the best shooters in the 59th. The Warriors will dominate the 59th. It will be East Ridge 1st, followed by Shelby Valley, then David in 3rd, Pikeville will finish in last place. ER will be untouchable!!

Have to disagree with you. Have you seen the Valley boys coming up this year? And thats just the ones who played last year. What if the ones who didnt play last year decide to come back and join the ones who did? Could be something to see.
I know you all don't wanna hear it but SV will have no problem taking first in the 59th and will make Paintsville sweat more than ever (even though Paintsville always sweats more anyhow) when the 15th rolls around in March. Mark it down babee!
wolfboy Wrote:Have to disagree with you. Have you seen the Valley boys coming up this year? And thats just the ones who played last year. What if the ones who didnt play last year decide to come back and join the ones who did? Could be something to see.
I know you all don't wanna hear it but SV will have no problem taking first in the 59th and will make Paintsville sweat more than ever (even though Paintsville always sweats more anyhow) when the 15th rolls around in March. Mark it down babee!

Wasn't the same thing said last year? I like it that the people from Valley thinks Pikeville will be a push over. Pikeville isn't a basketball school. They have zero pressure on them. Valley on the other hand, is a basketball school.
They should win it without a problem.

dude your completely wrong...it will be

1.Shelby Valley
2.Pikeville
3.East Ridge
4.David

and it will be like that for years to come
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Wasn't the same thing said last year? I like it that the people from Valley thinks Pikeville will be a push over. Pikeville isn't a basketball school. They have zero pressure on them. Valley on the other hand, is a basketball school.
They should win it without a problem.

true
because he plays for david which isnt right, blake is a very average player but deff not the best shooter in the district
what do u mean he plays for david which isn't right....i mean im not sayin he will be the best shooter in the 59th but i think he will be one of them he will be in the top somewhere IMO
CaNtBeStOpPeD23 Wrote:what do u mean he plays for david which isn't right....i mean im not sayin he will be the best shooter in the 59th but i think he will be one of them he will be in the top somewhere IMO
I agree that Stumbo is one of the top shooters in that district, but untill The David School wins a game he's not going to be taken seriously, but it is obvious he's a shooter..jmo
Stumbo can shoot but like they said before, how many open shots does he get in a game? He doesn't have size, his speed hasn't impressed me, and until David gets a team that can bring something to the table no one will take them or any of their players seriously. Stumbo can play ball, I agree, but how would he fair if he was playing a team that was actually instructed to guard them and not let them take any shot they could. It's sad to say but David wouldn't win a game if the other team sat down on the court when it was their possession.

East Ridge may be down in some talent but every school goes through a slump. When year after year your seniors are the ones trying to step up and lead the team and then they graduate you lose alot. They have some size moving up and their junior varsity team did quite well so I don't think that they will be as awful as everyone is making them out to be.

Valley is pretty consistent in their basketball team. They usually have some underclassmen that play for a while in Varsity games so they do get the experience. Not to be mean but they obviously have the size when Virgie holds players back and then they go on to play for the Wildcats.

Pikeville had a decent season last year. For the first time ever they beat the Warriors. They had talent and they found a game plan that worked. I can't say anything bad about that because you get what you earn.

I'm looking forward to the season this year. I think that the district may have more surprises in store again. Who knows East Ridge may turn some heads, no one expected them to do anything close to what they pulled off in the first couple of years of being established. I don't think that the only glory they will recieve happened right from the start. Next couple of years may be rebuilding but they won't be entirely down and out for sure.
i agree the only thing i seen stumbo do was shoot an dribble some this yr if he penetrates more that would open alot more shots for him and this year i was talkin to him he said he wants them to guard him seriously
CaNtBeStOpPeD23 Wrote:i agree the only thing i seen stumbo do was shoot an dribble some this yr if he penetrates more that would open alot more shots for him and this year i was talkin to him he said he wants them to guard him seriously

Please capitalize and use some punctuation....PLEASE!!!!

Anyway....Stumbo won't be a factor whatsoever unless David can get competitive. He can't penetrate because they are so bad that opponents just sit in a soft zone all night just in an attempt to keep the score somewhat respectable. Just an honest fact!!
i agree totally

That is the silliest thing I have read on here yet East Ride will not be that good this year but I will say that Jordan Mullins might be the top shooter in the 59th.
Jordan Mullins is a pure shooter!
Jeremy Jackson
Matt Clevinger
Jacob Sword
Jacob Bryant
Anthony Coleman

However I think it'll be SVHS and PHS in the end.
thepharmacist Wrote:Jordan Mullins is a pure shooter!
Jeremy Jackson
Matt Clevinger
Jacob Sword
Jacob Bryant
Anthony Coleman

However I think it'll be SVHS and PHS in the end.
Looks good to me.
Valley will take it all