Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 10 Incoming Freshman Point Guards in Kentucky?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are there any others that are top 10-15? Feel free to fill in or correct anything. Note that some of these I've listed below are holdbacks. I think that some of the non-holdbacks will surpass some of the holdbacks when they mature more physically. I've seen all of these players several times except Wyatt. I think that point guards are perhaps the most important to the overall success of a team because they direct the offense. Some of these I've listed below might actually be closer to 2 guards. I think that J-Town and Boone County could end up having the best backcourts in the 2010 class.

Top 10:

Chad Jackson - Rose Hill, Kentucky Patriots (6'3", more of a scoring PG, ranked top 10 freshman by Kentucky Prep Hoops, ranked in the top 100 nationally by Hoop Scoop, great rebounder, defender, and slasher/finisher, athletic)

Tate Cox - June Buchanon, Eastern Kentucky Lightning (5'11"?, a holdback, great shooter, smart player)

G'lawn Guyn - Lexington (5'9", very quick, good slasher and scorer)

Ryan Popp - Boone County, Kentucky Patriots (5' 8" great court vision and on-the-ball defender, smart player)

Thomas Jackson - Jeffersontown, Derek Smith Saints (a holdback, 5'9"?, very quick and athletic, good leaper, good slasher)

Elisha Justice - Shelby Valley, Eastern Kentucky Lightning (a holdback, 5'8", very smart player, good outside shooter, good defender)

Richard Kennedy - Jeffersontown, Louisville Lakers (5'8"?, very quick and athletic, good leaper, good slasher)

Mike Gabbard - Boone County (5'9", great ball handler and court vision, above average passer)

Travis Johnson - Grayson County, Kentucky Hoopstars (holdback, 5'9"?, strong, good outside shooter and finisher)

Isaac Wilson - Corbin, Louisville Yellowjackets (5'7", good ball handler and shooter)

? Wyatt - St. Xavier

Next 5:

Nick Noble - Breathitt County (a holdback, 6'0", great shooter)

Zack McElwain - Seneca, Derby City Ballers (good shooter and scorer)

Daniel Corbett - Trinity (5'3"?, quick, good ball handler, good outside shooter, very smart player)

Zach Lother - Highlands (5'3"?, quick, good passer, good outside shooter)

Branden Burdette - Lexington
On Elisha Justice's description you can add "amazing ball handler"...

And Tate Cox is a 2 guard rather than a point, but he is a very nice player...
The King Wrote:On Elisha Justice's description you can add "amazing ball handler"...

And Tate Cox is a 2 guard rather than a point, but he is a very nice player...
Cox can play point very well. It is a lot of fun to see Cox and Justice play together. They have played together since they were small at ALC camps and later with EKL. AAU team.
bballfanky Wrote:Are there any others that are top 10-15? Feel free to fill in or correct anything. Note that some of these I've listed below are holdbacks. I think that some of the non-holdbacks will surpass some of the holdbacks when they mature more physically. I've seen all of these players several times except Wyatt. I think that point guards are perhaps the most important to the overall success of a team because they direct the offense. Some of these I've listed below might actually be closer to 2 guards. I think that J-Town and Boone County could end up having the best backcourts in the 2010 class.

Top 10:

Chad Jackson - Rose Hill, Kentucky Patriots (6'3", more of a scoring PG, ranked top 10 freshman by Kentucky Prep Hoops, ranked in the top 100 nationally by Hoop Scoop, great rebounder, defender, and slasher/finisher, athletic)

Tate Cox - June Buchanon, Eastern Kentucky Lightning (5'11"?, a holdback, great shooter, smart player)

Ryan Popp - Boone County, Kentucky Patriots (5' 8" great court vision and on-the-ball defender, smart player)

Thomas Jackson - Jeffersontown, Derek Smith Saints (a holdback, 5'9"?, very quick and athletic, good leaper, good slasher)

Elisha Justice - Shelby Valley, Eastern Kentucky Lightning (a holdback, 5'8", very smart player, good outside shooter, good defender)

Richard Kennedy - Jeffersontown, Louisville Lakers (5'8"?, very quick and athletic, good leaper, good slasher)

Mike Gabbard - Boone County (5'9", great ball handler and court vision, above average passer)

Travis Johnson - Grayson County, Kentucky Hoopstars (holdback, 5'9"?, strong, good outside shooter and finisher)

Isaac Wilson - Corbin, Louisville Yellowjackets (5'7", good ball handler and shooter)

? Wyatt - St. Xavier

Next 5:

Daniel Corbett - Trinity (5'3"?, quick, good ball handler, good outside shooter, very smart player)

Wow, Great job on the reserch bballfanky, Before reading your post I probabily could have named 2 or three Freshman PG's in the state..Great Job:thumpsup:
bballfanky Wrote:Are there any others that are top 10-15? Feel free to fill in or correct anything. Note that some of these I've listed below are holdbacks. I think that some of the non-holdbacks will surpass some of the holdbacks when they mature more physically. I've seen all of these players several times except Wyatt. I think that point guards are perhaps the most important to the overall success of a team because they direct the offense. Some of these I've listed below might actually be closer to 2 guards. I think that J-Town and Boone County could end up having the best backcourts in the 2010 class.

Top 10:

? Wyatt - St. Xavier

Next 5:

Hey man..this looks good
There is always so much hyp that comes with the Patriot's team, their players are always#1 or ranked in the top so and so I have seen them play. I have been to camps and tournaments . They have a great PR man . I will just wait untill the season starts and see who does what. By the way Chad Jackson is also a hold back. Forgot that I guess.
3 points Wrote:There is always so much hyp that comes with the Patriot's team, their players are always#1 or ranked in the top so and so I have seen them play. I have been to camps and tournaments . They have a great PR man . I will just wait untill the season starts and see who does what. By the way Chad Jackson is also a hold back. Forgot that I guess.

Did not forget it, but he was playing up to begin with anyway. He is young enough to legitimately be a ninth grader without having to be held back. The hype is deserved in mine and many other's opinions who have seen him play over the last few years. Do you disagree that those boys are in the top 10 in KY? Who would you put before them and based on what? They have proven it in head-to-head competition against the state and nation's best. I believe the Patriots have won the AAU KY championship in their age division the last three years. I know that Jackson had a decent varsity season as a starting PG at Rose Hill even as an eighth grader. I saw him handle several senior point guards. Who did you see them play against and at which camps? The Patriots have several of the top players in Kentucky in their age class.
I think every boy on the list deserved to be there. I will just wait for the season to start and see who does what. It will be high school ball, under KHSAA rules. Some of these boys played varsity as 8th graders and did well.
these boys were also starters in varsity play I have watched the Patriots for the last 4 years. If a player is good , he will come to the top.
Elisha Justice's
EKL got 5th place in the YBOA tournament in Orlando in June. They won the academic award as nearly all their players have a 4.0. Two of them got special recognition in academics. They chose this tournament to go to because some of the boys went to Australia right after this tournament . One of their players made the all tournament team. The same player made the all tournament team in the Kentucky High School AAU tournament as an 8th grader. He is the second 8th grader to do that. He was 8th in the state in free throws. as an 8th grader. Two of them made the 53rd and 14 region all tournament teams . Three of the boys won the middle school tournament as 7th graders and made that all tournament team as did one who was not on the Virgie team. He made it because he was high point man in the tournament .They have done very well and they have won many awards over the last 4 years. They came in 6th place in AAU in Memphis as 13U . This year they will all be in High School, and I am sure they will make their schools proud. 3 of them are guards for their school's teams.
3 points Wrote:EKL got 5th place in the YBOA tournament in Orlando in June. They won the academic award as nearly all their players have a 4.0. Two of them got special recognition in academics. They chose this tournament to go to because some of the boys went to Australia right after this tournament . One of their players made the all tournament team. The same player made the all tournament team in the Kentucky High School AAU tournament as an 8th grader. He is the second 8th grader to do that. He was 8th in the state in free throws. as an 8th grader. Two of them made the 53rd and 14 region all tournament teams . Three of the boys won the middle school tournament as 7th graders and made that all tournament team as did one who was not on the Virgie team. He made it because he was high point man in the tournament .They have done very well and they have won many awards over the last 4 years. They came in 6th place in AAU in Memphis as 13U . This year they will all be in High School, and I am sure they will make their schools proud. 3 of them are guards for their school's teams.
They finished 6th in Division 2, right?
Congrats to your son on his accomplishments. I can tell you are proud. He is a good player. Both the Lightning and Patriots have several very good players who have exceled at every level so far, and both are good teams.
bballfanky Wrote:They finished 6th in Division 2, right?
Congrats to your son on his accomplishments. I can tell you are proud. He is a good player. Both the Lightning and Patriots have several very good players who have exceled at every level so far, and both are good teams.
I don't have a son but I am very proud of the boys that play for EKL and JBS. I am sure you are proud of your teams.
3 points Wrote:I don't have a son but I am very proud of the boys that play for EKL and JBS. I am sure you are proud of your teams.
You play 14U right?
3 points Wrote:You play 14U right?

No, I am not a player. Are you?
bballfanky Wrote:No, I am not a player. Are you?
. I am not a coach, are you? I don't have a son, do you? :howdy:
3 points Wrote:. I am not a coach, are you? I don't have a son, do you? :howdy:
I am not a player. I am a scout.
3 points Wrote:I am not a player. I am a scout.

What level do you scout for?
3 points Wrote:. I am not a coach, are you? I don't have a son, do you? :howdy:
One question at the time.
3 points Wrote:One question at the time.

???

I guess we all scout for our own purposes...
[QUOTE=bballfanky]???

I guess we all scout for our own purposes...[QUOTE= I guess so. Shall we just end all this on a light note and say if a boy is good enough" HE will Get his name OUT THERE.
I have not heard of a AAU scout before. Can you give us a scouting report on a 15 and under AAU team that played in Cincinatti about 2 months ago named "Southeast Elite"? Team member names, or other stuff that won the 15 and under, and finished second in the 17 and under?

On a lighter note, what does a AAU team have to do with high school freshman? Besides them being the same players, I dont think the KHSAA depends on AAU for ranking players and teams.
I think this thread was for the top incoming Freshman point guards. I think they all are good, I don't think I would have put them in the same order, but that is everybody's opinion. Any way.Good luck to all of them.
I just dont understand why some people on here on every thread somehow bring in the lightning AAU team.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I have not heard of a AAU scout before. Can you give us a scouting report on a 15 and under AAU team that played in Cincinatti about 2 months ago named "Southeast Elite"? Team member names, or other stuff that won the 15 and under, and finished second in the 17 and under?

On a lighter note, what does a AAU team have to do with high school freshman? Besides them being the same players, I dont think the KHSAA depends on AAU for ranking players and teams.
You might be able to fill everyone in on this one as I think you know players on that team." Southeast Elite" In my book it has absolutly nothing to do with high school ball, except some players play both. You see what they can do to some extent but most AAU coaches tend to favor certain players.
3 points Wrote:You might be able to fill everyone in on this one as I think you know players on that team." Southeast Elite" In my book it has absolutly nothing to do with high school ball, except some players play both. You see what they can do to some extent but most AAU coaches tend to favor certain players.

You are the one who said you was a scout. So the lightning AAU team has more to do with incoming freshman than any other AAU team? So we are to take it in your "scouting" that you only scout one team, or do you scout that one team and whoever plays them?
Justice
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:You are the one who said you was a scout. So the lightning AAU team has more to do with incoming freshman than any other AAU team? So we are to take it in your "scouting" that you only scout one team, or do you scout that one team and whoever plays them?
:dontthink You talk more about EKL than anybody else does.:popcorn:
3 points Wrote::dontthink You talk more about EKL than anybody else does.:popcorn:

You are right, after you bring them up in the other threads I always say that thread has nothing to do with the AAU team.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:You are right, after you bring them up in the other threads I always say that thread has nothing to do with the AAU team.
So, you own Blue Grass Rivals?
Pages: 1 2