Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co. 16 vs. Magoffin Co. 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Magoffin Co.
Very gods performance from the Lady Dogs tonight. I think the tone was set when Savannah Cyrus went deep the very first at bat of the game. It looked like the Skaggs girls never really regained composure. It should be a very interesting opening round of the district tournament.
I agree-how are the brackets aligned? With 5 teams in a very good 57th district, how is the bye determined? Hannah Skaggs moves a very fast pitch around the plate, but she doesn't throw any movement pitches. If you get on her, you can drive the ball.
I agree-how are the brackets aligned? With 5 teams in a very good 57th district, how is the bye determined? Hannah Skaggs moves a very fast pitch around the plate, but she doesn't throw any movement pitches. If you get on her, you can drive the ball.
Sounds like Lawrence County hit the ball pretty well. Big win on the road for LC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't they be the 2 seed?
Yes your right LCGrad. LC will be the #2 seed. JC will play the winner of the play in game between Paintsville and Sheldon Clark. The Dogs are playing pretty good ball up and down right now.
Is the Skaggs girl a junior?
Skaggs is a freshman
Oh, freshman... I thought she was older...She has plenty of time to learn how to recover then...this is the district to watch for sure. When do these teams meet?
I actually watched the game. Second time this year I've seen both teams play. I felt sorry for both pitchers. They got no calls on the corners. The Skaggs girl had to groove the ball, and you know what happens when you face a good hitting team like Lawrence. One thing nobody mentioned was errors Magoffin made. I counted at least 8 of them. Can't win doing that. I think it will be a good district game as long as Magoffin plays defense like they did at the begining of the season. Ever which one of these teams make it to the region they will be a tough out.