Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Carolina Elects Disgraced Adulterer To Congress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
They say that those who don’t remember history are doomed to repeat it. I suppose that means the Republicans in South Carolina’s 1st district have very short memories. In a special election on Tuesday, former S.C. governor Mark Sanford was elected to the seat of former Representative Tim Scott, who was selected to fill Jim DeMint’s Senate seat. Apparently, the fact that Sanford hates President Obama held more weight than his crimes.
[Image: mark_sanford_jimmy_swaggart_and_the_rede...racket.jpg]
Sanford beat his opponent, Elizabeth Colbert-Busch, by a margin of 10 points in the heavily red district – it hasn’t been represented by a Democrat for over 30 years. Though many Republican women said they were voting for Colbert-Busch, and despite nearly $1 million in financing from the Democratic Party, it wasn’t enough to pull out a win for her.

Most of the voters in the 1st district who voted for Sanford weren’t bothered much by his romantic peccadilloes or his misappropriation of public money to fund them. To them, the fact that Sanford feeds their hatred of Obama and government spending was much more important than any silly trait like integrity or honesty. One voter put it this way:

“I’ve got a lot of problems with Sanford, believe me. I’d have preferred to have another Republican (to vote for), but I just don’t agree with the way Democrats are spending.”

Another said:

“He took a couple of years to reflect, and now he just wants to get back to work. They’ve just got to reel it in in Washington.”

Yet more voters taken in by the Republican’s “over-spending” lies. How sad. I bet they consider themselves staunch defenders of “family values,” too.

Let’s remind ourselves of exactly why this election reveals the deep-seated hypocrisy of the GOP. Back in 2009, then-governor Sanford lied to his staff, saying that he was going off on a trip to “hike the Appalachian Trail.” When he was spotted 6 days later by a local reporter arriving at the Charleston airport from Argentina, the jig was up. Sanford admitted to having an affair with Argentinian (now his fiancée), Mariá Belén Chapur. The man who, on his first turn in Congress voted to impeach President Clinton, lied to his family, his staff and his constituents about his own infidelity. To make matters worse, Sanford used public funds – taxpayer money! – to pay for the trips to visit his mistress. He was fined $74,000 for violating state ethics laws: 37 of them, to be precise. Yet he’s considered to be fiscally conservative. Makes your brain hurt, doesn’t it?

The Republican party has become a laughing-stock. They elect adulterers, criminals, liars and morons to a government they claim to despise. They blatantly fight anything the president proposes, even if it was their own idea. They refuse to do anything to help the U.S. economy recover. They act like they won in 2012 even though the numbers tell a different story. They have shown, time and again, that they have no concept of things like integrity, compassion, honesty or intelligence. They elect people who trample those ideals underfoot as easily as they breathe. The GOP, once the loyal opposition, is now simply a party of jackasses.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/05/08/...-congress/

"I want to acknowledge a God not just of second chances but third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth chances, because that is the reality of our shared humanity," Sanford said at his victory celebration after defeating his Democratic opponent, Elizabeth Colbert Busch. "I am one imperfect man saved by God's grace."
Looks like all his supporters are going to hell for supporting such acts.
^
Forgiveness is a wonderful thing.
I have to forgive Obama every day for his failures.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Forgiveness is a wonderful thing.
I have to forgive Obama every day for his failures.

Oh I agree. 100% agree.

But isn't this the same as someone supporting gay marriage. With someone supporting an adulterer?
^ Or eating shellfish?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Oh I agree. 100% agree.

But isn't this the same as someone supporting gay marriage. With someone supporting an adulterer?

Did i say i supported this joke?
I dont live in South Carolina.

I believe this is just a testement as to how fed up people are with your favorite president.
Gay marriage is wrong. It will always be wrong, and thank God we live in a state that will never legally recognize to gays getting married.

To be honest, you and Realville should be a little embarrassed. This guy was caught cheating, more or less kicked out of office, and people voted for him solely for the fact he despises Obama.
Sounds like an embarrassing day for the dems.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Did i say i supported this joke?

I believe this is just a testement as to how fed up people are with your favorite president.
Gay marriage is wrong. It will always be wrong, and thank God we live in a state that will never legally recognize to gays getting married.

To be honest, you and Realville should be a little embarrassed. This guy was caught cheating, more or less kicked out of office, and people voted for him solely for the fact he despises Obama.

I never said you did? Did I?

Cheating and being an adulterer is also wrong.

Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Embarrassment is on your party for electing this monster.

And everyone of them that voted for this guy will have to face god an explain their decision. I sound familiar to Someone else on this board?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I never said you did? Did I?

And everyone of them that voted for this guy will have to face god an explain their decision. I sound familiar to Someone else on this board?
Ahhh heck WC23, you know it's different when it's a republican.

I have no "sides" on this board.
Ive agreed with ville on more than one occassion.

BUT, to say this isnt an embarrassment to the democratic party is a complete joke. The guy was disgraced out of office and still beat a dem only because of Obama.

Why should adultry matter anyways? After all its all unicorns and rainbows in this country now. Before to long, your going to see Mccain running around in a halter top waving a rainbow flag.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I have no "sides" on this board.
Ive agreed with ville on more than one occassion.

BUT, to say this isnt an embarrassment to the democratic party is a complete joke. The guy was disgraced out of office and still beat a dem only because of Obama.

Why should adultry matter anyways? After all its all unicorns and rainbows in this country now. Before to long, your going to see Mccain running around in a halter top waving a rainbow flag.
He beat a democrat because it is a heavily "red" district.
both parties continue to elect and re-elect pieces of crap to office. Most voters vote blindly without really looking at peoples records.

Realville you have said that in state and national elections you always vote democrat. Well maybe these people just followed your rule and voted republican.

I live in Floyd county and a democrat would win no matter what they had done. My point is everyone needs to look at the person.

I don,t think this guy should be back in congress no more than I think Clinton should have had sex in the whitehouse and lied about it.

it's not democrats and republicans who are the problem it's politicians and us the voters.
Sanford is an embarrassment to Republicans. However, no one can doubt that the Democrat candidate was an extreme lightweight trying to capitalize on her brother's "fame" and piles of contributions from the usual Democrat sources. Sanford, with all his flaws, at least has some qualifications and experience.

Of course, it is refreshing to see that the Democrats, the party that promotes no moral absolutes or standards whatsoever, is "offended" by Sanford. Could it be because Sanford, by his conduct, exemplifies the ever present and always influential "Ted Kennedy/Bill Clinton Wing" of the Democratic Party?
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Sanford is an embarrassment to Republicans. However, no one can doubt that the Democrat candidate was an extreme lightweight trying to capitalize on her brother's "fame" and piles of contributions from the usual Democrat sources. Sanford, with all his flaws, at least has some qualifications and experience.

Of course, it is refreshing to see that the Democrats, the party that promotes no moral absolutes or standards whatsoever, is "offended" by Sanford. Could it be because Sanford, by his conduct, exemplifies the ever present and always influential "Ted Kennedy/Bill Clinton Wing" of the Democratic Party?

agreed and the liberals are getting pumped about anthony weiner getting ready to run again as well
Bill Clinton
I just can't believe the Republican Party is standing for this.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I just can't believe the Republican Party is standing for this.

nobody on here has, see below

y r democrats showing support 4 the deaths of 4 americans in benghazi
thats what i want to know

Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Sanford is an embarrassment to Republicans. However, no one can doubt that the Democrat candidate was an extreme lightweight trying to capitalize on her brother's "fame" and piles of contributions from the usual Democrat sources. Sanford, with all his flaws, at least has some qualifications and experience.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Did i say i supported this joke?

Wildcatk23 Wrote:I just can't believe the Republican Party is standing for this.

What can they do? He received no support, financially or otherwise, from the Republican Party. Maybe you boys should have run a credibile candidate.
But don't worry. You boys still have Clinton, Edwards, Weiner, Collins, Maddow, Sharpton, Fluke, and the rest of the "no absolutes" crowd.
^
AKA the "cool" people :biglmao:
Come on South Carolina, you're better than this. Open a book.
vundy33 Wrote:Come on South Carolina, you're better than this. Open a book.

As one who can claim residence in South Carolina as well as in the Commonwealth, I can assure you that voters in the Palmetto State would have preferred a different Republican. However, the choice was between a disgraced and wayward Republican with fair conservative credentials and the unqualified, opportunist sister of a typical reprobate liberal with strong support from the hated entertainment crowd. There was no choice.

The life-sized cutout of Pelosi served to remind the good and moral taxpayers of the Charleston area of the real choice. Let's just say that Obama and his ilk are neither respected nor tolerated in this fine area of the country. God bless South Carolina.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:As one who can claim residence in South Carolina as well as in the Commonwealth, I can assure you that voters in the Palmetto State would have preferred a different Republican. However, the choice was between a disgraced and wayward Republican with fair conservative credentials and the unqualified, opportunist sister of a typical reprobate liberal with strong support from the hated entertainment crowd. There was no choice.

The life-sized cutout of Pelosi served to remind the good and moral taxpayers of the Charleston area of the real choice. Let's just say that Obama and his ilk are neither respected nor tolerated in this fine area of the country. God bless South Carolina.

You think God is going to bless a bunch of people that elected someone who breaks his 10 commandments. I am almost certain it was you that said all people who support or even conceded with gay marriage would have to answer to god for their sins.

So since the people of south Carolina don't like the president. They voted for an Adulterer? Wow. I would say god would do anything else but bless South Carolina.

Proverbs 6:32 - [But] whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he [that] doeth it destroyeth his own soul.
Leviticus 20:10 - And the man that committeth adultery with [another] man's wife, [even he] that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death..
You need to either get your sources right or to develop a better memory, Wildcat23. I made no such comment about homosexual marriages.

As for God not blessing my neighbors because they elected an "adulterer", I would suspect that God has a bit more important matters to handle. Obama is the antithesis of Christianity. I would seriously doubt that God is an Obama supporter. While Sanford is merely a weak human being, Obama is an abomination who has a philosophy and an agenda that is in direct opposition to absolute and sacred Christian tenets (Ex.: the sanctity of all human life; check Psalm 139).

If God micromanaged rather than allowing free will, I would suggest that He would have taken care of Obama a long time ago. Don't you agree?

Actually that is badly inaccurate. If you're referring to me, you're not paying any attention to what I post. The fact is, only people who have truthfully accepted the Lord Jesus as their Savior will answer for how they vote.

Everybody else will simply be guilty of having to face God on their own terms. Just as when the death angel "passed over" the houses with blood on the door posts, so will the blood of Jesus cleanse and deliver those who are saved. Unfortunately, no matter how moral or good a person may be or how good a life he may have lived, to die without Christ is to face the judgment that ends with only one result. Separation from God forever in hell.

Christians on the other hand, will answer for specific sins they have committed. Voting for candidates who are sworn advocates of abortion and gay rights certainly is something that each will answer for. They will suffer loss of reward for their errs and believe me when I say that loss is going to hurt, a lot.
1 Corinthians 3:10-15 (KJV)
10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Christians go to be judged at the Bema Seat for their works at the end of the 7 year tribulation period. The lost must appear at the Great White Throne Judgment. I believe as I have mentioned, that the church is largely responsible for the state of affairs we find ourselves in these days. I wouldn't underestimate how much regret folks will feel for having voted for candidates who openly run on platforms that advocate policy that stands in obvious rebellion to God's clearly stated precepts.

You can laugh it off if you want to. I think it's a very big deal. None the less, I'm happy to see at least part of what I have said on the matter has stuck with you.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:You need to either get your sources right or to develop a better memory, Wildcat23. I made no such comment about homosexual marriages.

As for God not blessing my neighbors because they elected an "adulterer", I would suspect that God has a bit more important matters to handle. Obama is the antithesis of Christianity. I would seriously doubt that God is an Obama supporter. While Sanford is merely a weak human being, Obama is an abomination who has a philosophy and an agenda that is in direct opposition to absolute and sacred Christian tenets (Ex.: the sanctity of all human life; check Psalm 139).

If God micromanaged rather than allowing free will, I would suggest that He would have taken care of Obama a long time ago. Don't you agree?
I thought, according to the bible, that God put Obama in that office?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:You think God is going to bless a bunch of people that elected someone who breaks his 10 commandments. I am almost certain it was you that said all people who support or even conceded with gay marriage would have to answer to god for their sins.

So since the people of south Carolina don't like the president. They voted for an Adulterer? Wow. I would say god would do anything else but bless South Carolina.

Proverbs 6:32 - [But] whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he [that] doeth it destroyeth his own soul.
Leviticus 20:10 - And the man that committeth adultery with [another] man's wife, [even he] that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death..

I wish TRT would chime in on this because his response would be much more eloquent than mine.

Do you guys expect republicans to not vote for those that have sinned? If you do, we have no one to vote for.

There is a bit of difference here as I see it. Sanford committed adultery and at no time did I hear him justify or condone his sin.

Christians or republicans do not condemn ANYONE for committing sin. We do not condemn anyone for anything. We do however have a problem "supporting" someone that accepts/condones sin in a way that consumes their daily life while expecting us to accept it too.

If I had the chance to vote for Sanford, would I? I don't know.
TheRealThing Wrote:Actually that is badly inaccurate. If you're referring to me, you're not paying any attention to what I post. The fact is, only people who have truthfully accepted the Lord Jesus as their Savior will answer for how they vote.

Everybody else will simply be guilty of having to face God on their own terms. Just as when the death angel "passed over" the houses with blood on the door posts, so will the blood of Jesus cleanse and deliver those who are saved. Unfortunately, no matter how moral or good a person may be or how good a life he may have lived, to die without Christ is to face the judgment that ends with only one result. Separation from God forever in hell.

Christians on the other hand, will answer for specific sins they have committed. Voting for candidates who are sworn advocates of abortion and gay rights certainly is something that each will answer for. They will suffer loss of reward for their errs and believe me when I say that loss is going to hurt, a lot.
1 Corinthians 3:10-15 (KJV)
10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Christians go to be judged at the Bema Seat for their works at the end of the 7 year tribulation period. The lost must appear at the Great White Throne Judgment. I believe as I have mentioned, that the church is largely responsible for the state of affairs we find ourselves in these days. I wouldn't underestimate how much regret folks will feel for having voted for candidates who openly run on platforms that advocate policy that stands in obvious rebellion to God's clearly stated precepts.

You can laugh it off if you want to. I think it's a very big deal. None the less, I'm happy to see at least part of what I have said on the matter has stuck with you.

Whew! I knew you would nail it. Anyway, we must have been typing at the same time. Wish I would have waited a bit.
TheRealVille Wrote:I thought, according to the bible, that God put Obama in that office?

I realize that your only belief in a god revolves around liberals, Democrats, and unions, TheRealVille. Your lack of knowledge of the Scriptures this beyond question.

I fully understand your position and respect your right to so believe. My main concern is with all the cafeteria Christians who sit in their pews, shout "amens", fill their stomachs at the potluck dinners, sing their hymns and then go out and vote for one such as Obama.

Unlike these pickers and choosers, you, TheRealVille, are no hypocrite.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I realize that your only belief in a god revolves around liberals, Democrats, and unions, TheRealVille. Your lack of knowledge of the Scriptures this beyond question.

I fully understand your position and respect your right to so believe. My main concern is with all the cafeteria Christians who sit in their pews, shout "amens", fill their stomachs at the potluck dinners, sing their hymns and then go out and vote for one such as Obama.

Unlike these pickers and choosers, you, TheRealVille, are no hypocrite.
Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Romans 13: 1

I have said, over, and over that I'm not an atheist.
As I said, TheRealVille, God does not micromanage. I don't understand why God lets tragedy occur and does nothing about it. There are a lot of things about God that I don't understand. there seems often to be no rhyme or reason to anything. Most seems to be a roll of the dice. However, I do feel sure that God is neither a fan of Obama nor of his agenda. Free will unfortunately includes the freedom to be self-destructive.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Whew! I knew you would nail it. Anyway, we must have been typing at the same time. Wish I would have waited a bit.

One must vote for the best candidate. Dems have bought into their own arguments so much, they don't even realize that those to whom moral issues are still important, are their deadliest foes. The church must awaken and God's people must open their eyes.

To my way of thinking America has only one chance to survive as the great nation she once was. And, that chance involves Christians.

2 Chronicles 7:13-14 (KJV)
13 If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

God will bless the land for His people's sake but, they must proclaim Him without shame. All this liberalism will be the death of us. And yet, that is just what has filled the vacuum we Christians should be filling with the knowledge of God.

BTW, thanks for the kind words. :biggrin:
Pages: 1 2