Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: John Boehner Opens Mouth, Inserts Foot, and Insults The Troops In Spectacular Fashion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Transcript:

Speaker Boehner: Our goal here is to get ourselves on a sustainable path from a fiscal standpoint. I think doing a debt prioritization bill makes it clear to our bondholders that we’re going to meet our obligations.

Peter Cook: Doesn’t it mean as Democrats have basically suggested, you’re choosing to pay China before U.S. troops?

Boehner: Listen. Those who have loaned us money, like in any other proceeding, if you will, court proceeding, the bondholders usually get paid first. Same thing here.

[YOUTUBE="Pay China First"]uB6Z7JQ8fhc[/YOUTUBE]

Cook: And you don’t worry about the politics of this?

Boehner: No. Not at all.

In the same interview, Boehner also claimed that Obama’s economic policies are preventing economic growth, “Republicans have a plan to get our economy going again, get wages growing again and get job opportunities growing again. Things like fixing our long-term spending problem, fixing our broken tax code to make America more competitive. How about expanding American energy production and the Keystone Pipeline? There are a lot of things. The red tape – in many cases, it’s the president’s own policies that are getting in the way of growing our economy.”

Republicans seem to be building on the apathy that they first displayed towards the troops during the Bush years. In fact, Boehner has moved on from apathy to flat out deprioritization. The Full Faith and Credit Act that House Republicans are pushing is all about priorities. If Republicans refuses to raise the debt ceiling and the nation defaults, the Full Faith and Credit Act would mandate that the Treasury Department pay the Chinese before they pay for things like national security, the military, and the troops.

It isn’t an exaggeration to say that this piece of legislation literally puts the Chinese government ahead of the troops in the battlefield.

The reality of the legislation is bad enough, but then John Boehner opened his mouth and dropped an atomic bomb on the Republican house of cards.

Behind the bluster, the Full Faith and Credit Act is nothing more than another House Republican threat to push the economy over the brink. As usual, House Republicans failed to think this through. Their threat has turned into a giant red, white, and blue club that Democrats are using to against them.

This bill is an insult to every active duty member of the military, and their families.

It’s clear that John Boehner isn’t just the worst House Speaker ever. He is also the Washington Generals of political strategists.
http://www.politicususa.com/john-boehner...roops.html
Boehner is a jackass.

But i cannot disagree with this part....

In the same interview, Boehner also claimed that Obama’s economic policies are preventing economic growth, “Republicans have a plan to get our economy going again, get wages growing again and get job opportunities growing again. Things like fixing our long-term spending problem, fixing our broken tax code to make America more competitive. How about expanding American energy production and the Keystone Pipeline? There are a lot of things. The red tape – in many cases, it’s the president’s own policies that are getting in the way of growing our economy.”

Couldnt be more true.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Boehner is a jackass.

But i cannot disagree with this part....

Couldnt be more true.

I'm just curious. But why wasn't the economy booming before Obama?
^I love your way with questions. I wish I had your tact.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I'm just curious. But why wasn't the economy booming before Obama?

Who said anything about the economy before Obama?
Have i ever said it was? Have i ever said we had a great and wonderful president before Obama?

No i have not.

The guy you undoubtedly voted for, no matter how much you say you didnt, PROMISED "hope and change".

Tell me little one, where has that been?
Im not a bush wacko. I vote for the best candidate.
And your guy sucks.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Who said anything about the economy before Obama?
Have i ever said it was? Have i ever said we had a great and wonderful president before Obama?

No i have not.

The guy you undoubtedly voted for, no matter how much you say you didnt, PROMISED "hope and change".

And your guy sucks.
Gridlock from your guys in the House. No change can happen when they won't help. And, you will see the results of gridlock in 2014.
^
Ive got a feeling you will see the effects of the gridlock for much longer than 2014.
If the economy doesnt drastically improve by next year, the dems will lose more seats IMO.
And knowing the priorities of this administration, i highly doubt the economy will improve.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Who said anything about the economy before Obama?

No i have not.

And your guy sucks.

You said that Obama was holding he economy back. I asked why it wasn't booming before Obama took office if he is holding it back.

I remember an economic collapse.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:You said that Obama was holding he economy back. I asked why it wasn't booming before Obama took office if he is holding it back.

I remember an economic collapse.

Is he not holding it back?
Hes had five years to fix things and help it grow, while we have fallen further into demise.

Honestly, is that not true? We can post all of the charts, stats, and anything else we want to, my point is, the middle class is not feeling better about the economy and small businesses continue to shut down.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Is he not holding it back?
Hes had five years to fix things and help it grow, while we have fallen further into demise.

Honestly, is that not true? We can post all of the charts, stats, and anything else we want to, my point is, the middle class is not feeling better about the economy and small businesses continue to shut down.

How is he holding someone back that was on a steady decline?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Is he not holding it back?

Why are they saying they are feeling better then? You got to get out of Kentucky more.
^
I spent all of last week outside of this state for training.
A blue state actually...

Im beginning to think the election was rigged. Everywhere i go the feelings about this administration is the same. IF the economy doesnt get better, 2016 will be a blow out, unless of course the Dems get another "cool" card.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:How is he holding someone back that was on a steady decline?

Because its declined even more.
I was much better off in 2008 than i am now.
TheRealVille Wrote:Gridlock from your guys in the House. No change can happen when they won't help. And, you will see the results of gridlock in 2014.
The first two years he had house and senate so what happened.
^
You can say that 2000 times and they still say its the fault of republicans for blocking them.

The reason the Repubs now control is because of the lack of progress while the dems had control of everything.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
You can say that 2000 times and they still say its the fault of republicans for blocking them.

The reason the Repubs now control is because of the lack of progress while the dems had control of everything.

exactly
you dont gain 63 seats in the house as the republicans did in 2010 unless there is no progress being made
WideMiddle03 Wrote:exactly
you dont gain 63 seats in the house as the republicans did in 2010 unless there is no progress being made
They lost some in 2012, and more to come in 2014.
Meh...Dumb comments, the guy needs to think before he speaks more often, lol.

After dealing with the Westboro Baptist Church though, nothing surprises me these days.
vundy33 Wrote:Meh...Dumb comments, the guy needs to think before he speaks more often, lol.

After dealing with the Westboro Baptist Church though, nothing surprises me these days.
After I get back to strength, after my knee surgery, I am thinking of signing up for the Patriot Guard Riders. They seem to do good work against those idiots at soldier's funerals, weddings, and other things, across the country. I've sometimes got free time, and have a bike, and they seem to do good from what I can tell.
Yeah, I'm very thankful for them. They came to my friend's funeral back in 09', and again last year. They show up pretty much anywhere they're needed.
TheRealVille Wrote:They lost some in 2012, and more to come in 2014.

they didnt lose much in 2012
its going 2 be different when obama has been in 6 years and the only thing he will try 2 pump his chest about is gay marriage while america sinks
how about this: republicans win in 2014 u have to get a job
WideMiddle03 Wrote:they didnt lose much in 2012
its going 2 be different when obama has been in 6 years and the only thing he will try 2 pump his chest about is gay marriage while america sinks

I wish they would win already.

RV will probably be retired by then though.
WideMiddle03 Wrote:they didnt lose much in 2012
I've got a job. I'm a construction worker. I'm off, waiting on my knee surgery, which is 8 am tomorrow morning, btw.
TheRealVille Wrote:I've got a job. I'm a construction worker. I'm off, waiting on my knee surgery, which is 8 am tomorrow morning, btw.

hope you're surgery goes well and successful
hope doctors dont have to stick needils in your ass like they did with me
My wife is having her wisdom teeth cut out tomorrow.
Its going to be a long weekend of playing maid and giving her all she wants, as if i dont already do that Confusednicker:

Im so glad i had mine cut out when i was 18 and barely out of school.
Everybody should just go ahead and do it while there young. I got all four of mine cut out the same day, non of them were growing in straight and luckily i was blessed with a full mouth of straight teeth so they had to be cut out to prevent pushing the teeth in front of one another not to mention the horrible pain.

I sometimes wonder if there shouldnt be a certain age where people go to get there wisdom teeth cut out, there big toenails removed to prevent ingrown toe nails from ever happening, and there cord snipped all in the same day lol...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:My wife is having her wisdom teeth cut out tomorrow.
Its going to be a long weekend of playing maid and giving her all she wants, as if i dont already do that Confusednicker:
Everybody should just go ahead and do it while there young. I got all four of mine cut out the same day, non of them were growing in straight and luckily i was blessed with a full mouth of straight teeth so they had to be cut out to prevent pushing the teeth in front of one another not to mention the horrible pain.

I sometimes wonder if there shouldnt be a certain age where people go to get there wisdom teeth cut out, there big toenails removed to prevent ingrown toe nails from ever happening, and there cord snipped all in the same day lol...

blah blah blah

Bet you're a huge whiner!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:My wife is having her wisdom teeth cut out tomorrow.

I bet you probably treat her like a queen, anyway. :biggrin:
Granny Bear Wrote:blah blah blah

Bet you're a huge whiner!!

I only pick the best :biggrin:
TheRealVille Wrote:I bet you probably treat her like a queen, anyway. :biggrin:

I should, i think of myself as a king Confusednicker: