Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard names new boys coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hazard names new boys coach !!!

The Hazard Bulldogs have hired a new boys basketball coach. Well, he's actually an old coach. Hazard announced that Lewis Morris is back as the boy's head coach, taking over for recently departed Kevin Spurlock.
Morris was the head of the program from 1994-98, leading the Bulldogs to some success, including a regional title. After he left Hazard he remained in the coaching ranks, as a head coach in Tennessee for three years, before returning to the Bluegrass State to lead Franklin county for two years and work as an assistant coach with Bell County for two years.
I don't know much about Hazard's program, is Morris currently in the system there?
updated
i cant believe they let coach spurlock go.......this guy has the most class of any coach in the 14th, but congrats to coach morris
LUMBERJACK'06 Wrote:i cant believe they let coach spurlock go.......this guy has the most class of any coach in the 14th, but congrats to coach morris
Maybe they didn't just "let" him go. Maybe he wanted a change of scenery. Clay County is a school with as rich a tradition as Hazard's, and has more enrollment to work with. Spurlock could be looking at it as another challenge to tackle.
gl to Hazard
Good luck to Coach Morris in the upcoming season
Good Luck Dawgs!
Hope Hazard has alot of success, which they proobably will