Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mission Accomplished
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Happy 10th anniversary to the May 1st speech where Bush declared mission accomplished in the "end of major combat missions" in Iraq. :Thumbs: Confusednicker:

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/press-p...shs-legacy

States in blue opposed the war in Iraq.
[Image: 800px-State_positions_Iraq_war.svg.png]
^* Countries in blue.
When he made that speech major combat in Iraq was over. The Iraqi military was beaten
nky Wrote:When he made that speech major combat in Iraq was over. The Iraqi military was beaten
Oh, really? :Thumbs: Go with that. :lame:
The war in Iraq shifted 10 years ago. We were no longer fighting "Iraq" we began fighting a proxy war lead by insurgents supported by Al Qaeda. We also became involved in a civil war that is still being fought today. Winning the war was easy, it's winning the peace that became the problem
TheRealVille Wrote:Oh, really? :Thumbs: Go with that. :lame:

So when did major combat operations end TRV enlighten us. Tell me the last time in Iraq our military fought against a organized conventional army?
^ The ground fight was just starting at about the time of that speech. We were still sending thousands of soldiers over there up until, and including 20,000 in 2007. Even Bush admitted he was wrong to hang the banner "mission accomplished" when he did. Major combat wasn't even close to being over in May of 2003.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/art...cgaAgoYs4Q
Are we really rehashing this liberal drivel again? :igiveup: Let me ask you one question, did the 9/11 terrorists fly 727's through any major financial buildings or the command center of the armed services of one of the blue countries? We used to be a sovereign nation before the la-la's took over in '08and abdicated our collective fates to the United Nations, who really cares if people in Argentina agree with the United States foreign policy decisions?
TheRealThing Wrote:Are we really rehashing this liberal drivel again? :igiveup: Let me ask you one question, did the 9/11 terrorists fly 727's through any major financial buildings or the command center of the armed services of one of the blue countries? We used to be a sovereign nation before the la-la's took over in '08and abdicated our collective fates to the United Nations, who really cares if people in Argentina agree with the United States foreign policy decisions?
What does this have to do with Bush's premature ejaculation? He even admitted he was wrong to proclaim "mission accomplished" when he did. What did the terrorists, and the planes have to do with Iraq? If you want to talk 9/11 stuff, you need to start a thread.
TheRealVille Wrote:What does this have to do with Bush's premature ejaculation? He even admitted he was wrong to proclaim "mission accomplished" when he did. What did the terrorists, and the planes have to do with Iraq? If you want to talk 9/11 stuff, you need to start a thread.

Why were we in Iraq in the first place? Would you suppose it had anything to do with the terror attacks of 9/11, Iraq's record of supporting and sponsoring terror, and our commitment to take on the terrorists in their back yard? Why do you suppose we went so long without a terror attack on American soil after 9/11? Allow me to explain it to you. We were over at their place, kicking their heads in in real warfare instead of letting them pick out 'soft targets', over here while liberals propagandized the populace, making them to feel like bigots for being smart enough to recognize Islamic terror when they see it.
TheRealThing Wrote:Why were we in Iraq in the first place? Would you suppose it had anything to do with the terror attacks of 9/11, Iraq's record of supporting and sponsoring terror, and our commitment to take on the terrorists in their back yard? Why do you suppose we went so long without a terror attack on American soil after 9/11? Allow me to explain it to you. We were over at their place, kicking their heads in in real warfare instead of letting them pick out 'soft targets', over here while liberals propagandized the populace, making them to feel like bigots for being smart enough to recognize Islamic terror when they see it.
Jr and Cheny had to lie, to go in and defend his daddy's failed run. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, and you know it. Afghanistan, on the other hand was a different story. You are confusing two separate wars.
Both sides of the isle had issues with Iraq
Lest we forget:

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002
"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." -- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002
"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002
"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002
"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" -- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002
"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 "We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002
^ It still didn't make it a just war, just because both sides were fooled by Bush's intelligence lies. But, to the fact that TRT claimed the Iraq war was because of 9/11, is plain old ignorant. It never was about that.
Regime change in Iraq has been official US policy since 1998. The Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, signed into law by President Clinton, states:

"It should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime."

Iraq Liberation Act of 1998
105th Congress, 2nd Session
September 29, 1998
US Senators who voted YES to authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against Iraq:

Allard, Wayne (R-CO)
Allen, George (R-VA)
Baucus, Max (D-MT)
Bayh, Evan (D-IN)
Bennett, Robert (R-UT)
Biden, Joseph (D-DE)
Bond, Christopher (R-MO)
Breaux, John (D-LA)
Brownback, Sam (R-KS)
Bunning, Jim (R-KY)
Burns, Conrad (R-MT)
Campbell, Ben (R-CO)
Cantwell, Maria (D-WA)
Carnahan, Jean (D-MO)
Carper, Thomas (D-DE)
Cleland, Max (D-GA)
Clinton, Hillary (D-NY)
Cochran, Thad (R-MS)
Collins, Susan (R-ME)
Craig, Larry (R-ID)
Crapo, Michael (R-ID)
Daschle, Tom (D-SD)
DeWine, Mike (R-OH)
Dodd, Christopher (D-CT)
Domenici, Pete (R-NM)
Dorgan, Byron (D-ND)
Edwards, John (D-NC)
Ensign, John (R-NV)
Enzi, Michael (R-WY)
Feinstein, Dianne (D-CA)
Fitzgerald, Peter (R-IL)
Frist, Bill (R-TN)
Gramm, Phil (R-TX)
Grassley, Chuck (R-IA)
Gregg, Judd (R-NH)
Hagel, Chuck (R-NE)
Harkin, Tom (D-IA)
Hatch, Orrin (R-UT)
Helms, Jesse (R-NC)
Hollings, Ernest (D-SC)
Hutchinson, Tim (R-AR)
Hutchison, Kay (R-TX)
Inhofe, James (R-OK)
Johnson, Tim (D-SD)
Kerry, John (D-MA)
Kohl, Herb (D-WI)
Kyl, Jon (R-AZ)
Landrieu, Mary (D-LA)
Lieberman, Joseph (D-CT)
Lincoln, Blanche (D-AR)
Lott, Trent (R-MS)
Lugar, Richard (R-IN)
McCain, John (R-AZ)
McConnell, Mitch (R-KY)
Miller, Zell (D-GA)
Murkowski, Lisa (R-AK)
Nelson, Bill (D-FL)
Nelson, Ben (D-NE)
Nickles, Don (R-OK)
Reid, Harry (D-NV)
Roberts, Pat (R-KS)
Rockefeller, John (D-WV)
Santorum, Rick (R-PA)
Schumer, Charles (D-NY)
Sessions, Jeff (R-AL)
Shelby, Richard (R-AL)
Smith, Robert (R-NH)
Smith, Gordon (R-OR)
Snowe, Olympia (R-ME)
Specter, Arlen (R-PA)
Stevens, Ted (R-AK)
Thomas, Craig (R-WY)
Thompson, Fred (R-TN)
Thurmond, Strom (R-SC)
Torricelli, Robert (D-NJ)
Voinovich, George (R-OH)
Warner, John (R-VA)

http://freedomagenda.com/iraq/wmd_quotes...Li6mUSanCu [Image: link.gif]
^And, it still doesn't address the topic of the thread that Bush claimed "mission accomplished" after two months at war, and it was no where near the end of major combat operations, unless major ground war doesn't count.
nky Wrote:US Senators who voted YES to authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against Iraq:

http://freedomagenda.com/iraq/wmd_quotes...Li6mUSanCu [Image: link.gif]
I said, it doesn't matter who voted for it, it doesn't make it a just war, and has nothing to do with the premature "mission acclomplished". Your point? What does "yes" votes have to do with anything?
God Bless George W. Bush.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:God Bless George W. Bush.
Is that akin to the old southern saying, "bless his heart"? If so, I agree.
DODGE

TheRealVille Wrote:Jr and Cheny had to lie, to go in and defend his daddy's failed run. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, and you know it. Afghanistan, on the other hand was a different story. You are confusing two separate wars.

DUCK

TheRealVille Wrote:^ It still didn't make it a just war, just because both sides were fooled by Bush's intelligence lies. But, to the fact that TRT claimed the Iraq war was because of 9/11, is plain old ignorant. It never was about that.

DIVE
TheRealVille Wrote:^And, it still doesn't address the topic of the thread that Bush claimed "mission accomplished" after two months at war, and it was no where near the end of major combat operations, unless major ground war doesn't count.

DODGE
TheRealVille Wrote:I said, it doesn't matter who voted for it, it doesn't make it a just war, and has nothing to do with the premature "mission acclomplished". Your point? What does "yes" votes have to do with anything?

And that concludes our class for today. :biggrin:
TheRealThing Wrote:DODGE

DODGE

DUCK

DIVE

And that concludes our class for today. :biggrin:
And your lies, and things just thought up in your own head still continue. The Iraq war had zero to do with 9/11. You can keep being a complete moron, and a "Barney" all you want. It gives me my laughs for the day.
TheRealVille Wrote:And your lies, and things just thought up in your own head still continue. The Iraq war had zero to do with 9/11. You can keep being a complete moron all you want. It gives me my laughs for the day.

So what's new? Judging from your posts, you run your own movies in that noggin anyways.
nky Wrote:Lest we forget:

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002
"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." -- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002
"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002
"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002
"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" -- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002
"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 "We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

but they had none that's the facts
nky Wrote:Regime change in Iraq has been official US policy since 1998. The Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, signed into law by President Clinton, states:

"It should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime."

Iraq Liberation Act of 1998
105th Congress, 2nd Session
September 29, 1998

but the most important thing you left out was slick willy did not invade iraq
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:God Bless George W. Bush.

[Image: picture.php?albumid=84&pictureid=569]
TheRealVille Wrote:^ It still didn't make it a just war, just because both sides were fooled by Bush's intelligence lies. But, to the fact that TRT claimed the Iraq war was because of 9/11, is plain old ignorant. It never was about that.

I wasn't in favor of the invasion either, but is this the best thing you got in going back,10 years on Bush. It like saying on this date Jimmy Carter did something stupid.
the other guy Wrote:I wasn't in favor of the invasion either, but is this the best thing you got in going back,10 years on Bush. It like saying on this date Jimmy Carter did something stupid.

carter never done something this stupid probably the worst mistake in America history
vector Wrote:carter never done something this stupid probably the worst mistake in America history

no thats obama da
the other guy Wrote:I wasn't in favor of the invasion either, but is this the best thing you got in going back,10 years on Bush. It like saying on this date Jimmy Carter did something stupid.
Were you awake during the Bush years? He sent this country into a nose dive that we are having a helluva time recovering from.
Pages: 1 2