Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Football Fields in Kentucky to Play on???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok... there was a topic about the worst fields so what are some of everybodys favorite fields to play on????
I loved playing on Belfry's new field..even tho you have what seems like millions of screaming pirates yelling at you..the atmosphere was just phonomenal
1. Papa John's Cardinal Stadium
2. Belfry
3. Pikeville
4. Ashland
5. Prestonsburg
I don't know what the field's like now, and it wasn't even that it was in good shape, but Dayton's field had walls just outside the sideline, and made me feel like we were in Arena Football........ I just liked playing there
Ashland did have an arena type set up at their field.
Whitley County, Williamsburg, Pineville, Corbin, Leslie County, and Beechwood.
putnam, I played on moreheads field and didn't like it much.
1. Papa John's Cardinal Stadium
2. Belfry
3. Pikeville
4. Ashland
5. Shelby Valley
Breathitt County's Field is as good as most
Belfry, Pikeville, & Shelby Valley all have great places to play football now. It is just a matter of time before all of the high schools in Pike County have playing surfaces like these schools. I heard East Ridge was next to get the new playing surface. Phelps, Jenkins, Magoffin County, Allen Central & Eetsy Layne have to be the worst.
Belfry, Ironton (loudest place I have been for a high school game), Ashland Papa Johns, Pikeville, Russell.
Belfry
Letcher Central
Pikeville
Ashland
Lexington Catholic
Vipperman hands down.
Blackcat75 Wrote:Vipperman hands down.

Yeah, how could I have forgotten legendary Vipperman Stadium...The real DEATH VALLEY
BelfryPride Wrote:Yeah, how could I have forgotten legendary Vipperman Stadium...The real DEATH VALLEY

Shew, i hated that place...you guys always put us on the side with all your fans and we could never hear ANYYYTHHIINNGG...talk about intimidating
Won in the Trenches Wrote:Shew, i hated that place...you guys always put us on the side with all your fans and we could never hear ANYYYTHHIINNGG...talk about intimidating

That was truly the best atmosphere to play in. Once I got in the game, I never heard the crowd.
I forgot about Vipperman also.....great place to play.
Shew its pretty bad when a blackcat has to remind you of vipperman. lol
Ryle
Highlands
Bell
Belfry
Rockcastle
Ashland
Corbin.

The best grass surface that I have been to has to be Ryle HS and the best turf (AKA Sports Grass.) Belfry.
NYY10 Wrote:1. Papa John's Cardinal Stadium
2. Belfry
3. Pikeville
4. Ashland
5. Shelby Valley
SHELBY VALLEY??? A little home field favoritism maybe? That field was all rocks and crooked goalposts!!! Maybe it will become one of the best, but up to this point, before the carpet is lain, you gotta be kidding right?
Papa John's Cardinal Stadium
Belfry! Putnam (Ashland)is just football though! I just hate that Belfry has grass. It just doesn't match up with the name BELFRY! But state of the Art field regardless!
1. Letcher Central ~ cougar fan and proud
2. Belfry
3. Shelby Valley
4. East Ridge
6. Pikeville
1. Pappa Johns
2. Rawlings Stadium (Georgetown, Bengals summer stadium and Scott Co's field)
3. Putnam (design wise)