Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: A fourth member in ‘The Shield’?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Earlier today, the WWE app had an article stating that there could be a fourth member in ‘The Shield’. Currently, it comprises of Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns. All three members are rookies and it won’t come as a surprise if the fourth member is one of the veterans in the business. Now, the official WWE app has mentioned few names like Paul Heyman, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Big Show and Mark Henry as possible candidates.
Eh....not sure how I feel about it.

Probably just depends on who it could be.
Paul Heyman
Now, Heyman has been associated with the group in the past and I won’t be surprised if Heyman is indeed the ‘Brains’ behind ‘The Shield’. Along with Brock Lesnar and CM Punk, Heyman could possibly have one of the greatest teams in the history of WWE. Also, a storyline can take place wherein this group wins all the titles, ‘The Shield’ wins the World Tag Team Titles and the Inter Continental Title, Brock Lesnar wins the World Heavyweight Title and CM Punk wins the WWE Title. Now, that would be awesome and doesn’t this remind us of the good old NWO days? It would be a great team if this does happen and changes the WWE forever!

CM Punk
The last time we saw Punk, he seemed upset about what happened at WM29 and said that he was never satisfied when he was the WWE Champion as he always had to look behind his shoulders to see who’s next. It wouldn’t be ironic if Punk is revealed as the ‘Leader’ of ‘The Shield’. Shield has been associated with Punk a number of times in the past and it was during Punk’s title defence against Ryback that ‘The Shield’ debuted on WWE television as a group. Also, Punk has led two teams in the past – ‘The straight edge society’ and ‘The New Nexus’. One also needs to take into consideration that Punk is off WWE television to nurse his injuries. So, it makes sense for the WWE to make him the fourth member of ‘The Shield’, bring him back only for his mic skills and drop ‘Pipebomb’ after ‘Pipebomb’ till he returns in ring. Also, the ‘injustice’ chants from the Shield go in sync with Punk.

A returning superstar!
Every now and then, WWE has a past superstar returning to the company and WWE may just decide to add one of its returning superstars at the helm of ‘The Shield’. Superstars in question can be the likes of Christian, Batista or even Kevin Nash. Out of the three, Kevin Nash could be the most probable name to lead the trio. Remember ‘NWO Wolfpack’! Also, with Nash in the picture, a feud with Triple H and Shawn Michaels cannot be ruled out.

Mid-Carder
WWE may just feel that ‘The Shield’ does not need a leader, rather have a new member from the current mid card. Superstars ranging from Antonio Cesaro, Wade Barrett or even Zack Ryder. I read on a website that Ryder may turn heel soon, so he could be the one to get the push from the WWE. It could also be someone from the current NXT roster.

‘The Viper’ Randy Orton
Now, this will be a master stroke from the WWE if this does indeed happen. Orton has been teased for some time now for a heel turn. It could happen at Extreme Rules or immediately after it. Orton and Sheamus have been mentioned in the article on WWE app as the only two who have fought against ‘The Shield’ time and again. Now this may be a gimmick from WWE to make Orton the fourth member. Out of the two, Orton is most likely to turn heel and it makes sense for Orton to join the team; here’s why – firstly, Orton has tried to fight off ‘The Shield’ on numerous occasions over the past few months and most of the times he has failed. Secondly, he was the one who made Sheamus agree to have the Big Show as their partner against ‘The Shield’ at WM29 but it didn’t turn out well as the Big Show back-stabbed them. All this frustration may just lead to Orton joining the group and possibly leading them to greater heights in the future. Also, such a heel turn will surely be a career revival for ‘The Viper’.
Let’s wait and watch what happens in the weeks to come, but my money is on ‘The Viper’ to be the fourth member of ‘The Shield’ and lead them!
I can see Heyman/Lesnar being in with The Shield not sure about anyone else. If for some reason, it's Kevin Nash (Which I doubt it is) then this will be a big bust