Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 97 vs Lawrence County 99
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who would win this game and why? Its hard for me to eve try and predict but I will take then 99 team by one touchdown. What about you?:1:
I will take the 1997 team, although I really loved the 99 team. Both played with so much passion.
Batpuff Wrote:I will take the 1997 team, although I really loved the 99 team. Both played with so much passion.
I would take either one but if they were playing each other I would go with the 99 sqaud . I traveled with them to every game that season and at the time I thought I was watching the best High School football team that I had ever watched play . Then I saw Fort Thomas Highlands that year and then I think I saw the best High Shool team that I ever saw . Highlands was awsome that year and thats also when I started thinking that the privite school should be seperated from the public one's because I think LC had the best team any body could have put on the field agiants Highland's and they beat us like it was nothing . I know LC scored some points in the second half to make it look like a game on paper but Highlands allready had thier starters resting for the big dance.
I remember making the trip to Ft.Thomas and sitting in the cold and watching the best mountain team in the state that yeah get picked apart by Gino and company. Highlands was a great team that wasnt going to get beat by anyone.

That 99 squad absolutely destroyed teams in the playoffs that year.
lots of belly plays
Dawg Family Wrote:I would take either one but if they were playing each other I would go with the 99 sqaud . I traveled with them to every game that season and at the time I thought I was watching the best High School football team that I had ever watched play . Then I saw Fort Thomas Highlands that year and then I think I saw the best High Shool team that I ever saw . Highlands was awsome that year and thats also when I started thinking that the privite school should be seperated from the public one's because I think LC had the best team any body could have put on the field agiants Highland's and they beat us like it was nothing . I know LC scored some points in the second half to make it look like a game on paper but Highlands allready had thier starters resting for the big dance.

Yea I am with you on that one as well,. I bet there wasnt a game I missed for like 10 straight years and then I had to miss one a couple of years ago because of halloween and had to take my daughter. I really like both teams and yea if it wasnt belly it wasnt nothing..
Batpuff Wrote:Yea I am with you on that one as well,. I bet there wasnt a game I missed for like 10 straight years and then I had to miss one a couple of years ago because of halloween and had to take my daughter. I really like both teams and yea if it wasnt belly it wasnt nothing..

It was the belly-read all the way down the field and occassionally Chuke would throw in the veer-option. If you were lucky to come to a Lawrence County game during this time then you would maybe see Michaels and Short drop back to pass maybe 5 times a game.:rockon:
They threw it more than you really think. Look at the records that Parker set so it tells you they did it a little bit.
Batpuff Wrote:They threw it more than you really think. Look at the records that Parker set so it tells you they did it a little bit.

I know, I was just joking. Imagine if Parker played for a team that really threw the ball..........WOW!!!!!!!!!:letsparty