Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville Baseball, what's in the future?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to extend "Best Wishes" to the new coach and all the players for 2006-2007. Now, when can we expect an announcement of the new Panther Baseball Coach? If it's an "inside hire", who is the front runner and why?
If it is a "inside hire" then I would think that Dave Thomas and/or Steve Priode are the front runners for the job if they want it. Pikeville won the region title in 91, 92, 93 with Thomas as head coach and Priode as his top assistant. Both guys know the game and would keep the program where it is. Priode has 2 sons coming up so that may play a part in it. It should be interesting but like I said in the "Lawson is Out" thread, I would be very happy having either Thomas or Priode has head coach. Coach Lawson won the region title his first 2 seasons as head coach and hopefully whoever is the new coach will start off his tenure with a bang like Coach Lawson did.

As far as "outside candiates" I haven't heard any names mentioned.
Sounds as if the Panthers have a great "plan A and/or plan B" ! I personally would love to see "pardee" get the position. He's a super guy, who knows the game as well as what it takes to keep Pikeville atop the 15th region.
priode has got the spot at head coach
I think they should be really good this year as always
harmon will be great this year
how do you think priode will do as coach?
Why did they get a new coach?
The reasons for Lawson's departure do NOT need to be discussed.
My bad Beef, sorry about that.
nothing but good things in the future for the panthers baseball team.
Go prairie dog
I'll say the Panther baseball team wins region this year