Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Happy Osborne....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To Kentucky Wesleyan.
4th school and 3rd college job in 4 years, good luck Happy
Congrats Happy. Had a feeling that he would eventually go back to the college level.
The main thing is that he wins where ever he goes, good luck.
Great hire for the Panthers, he will put them back to the top of Div ll
toussaints Wrote:4th school and 3rd college job in 4 years, good luck Happy

Is he even that stable?

Check the timeline, and correct me if I’m wrong. Thought he coached Georgetown in ’10-11, left in spring ’11 amid talk of Georgetown going NCAA DII, landed at Tennessee Tech, short stay at Tech where he delivered Jay Johnson of Woodford Co., then jumped to University of Montgomery Co. (his words, not mine) in summer ’12, and now this move. Four jobs and 3 colleges in 24 MONTHS. Job hops with the pro-hop, eh?

Deserted his recruits at Georgetown, deserted his recruit at Tech, devastated some home-town kids in Mt. Sterling after a summer of openly recruiting on the AAU circuit last year (attending all the Ky tournaments wearing his MCHS shirt and working the crowd and coaches), what comes next?

Our oldest boy played in college (NCAA DII) and our youngest has some schools interested (NAIA DI). As a parent, I look at this and think, “Not with my kid, you don’t.”
Yes he's moved around a lot the past 3 years, but it's important to remember that prior to that, he coached at Georgetown as an assistant or head coach for 20+ years consecutively or so.
Some say that in the process of heading to Wesleyan, he is trying to drag his high school point guard Tyler Jones there. It has been said that Jones will play one year at a prep school before transferring to play for Happy. That's just a rumor.
Who didn't see the move back to college coming?