Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: is this correct Prestonsburg drop 2 in row
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Prestonsburg has been playing really well. hard to believe they would drop 2 in a row to the 57th district and give up 16 runs to sheldon clark in the process.
dawg fan Wrote:Prestonsburg has been playing really well. hard to believe they would drop 2 in a row to the 57th district and give up 16 runs to sheldon clark in the process.

goes to show that the 57th is the best district in the 15 region. jc and lawrence both beat prestonsburg. now the last place team in the 57th puts up 16 runs in a win against the blackcats. it is a shame that of the 5 teams in the 57th, only 2 will advance while some lesser teams will make it to the region from Floyd or Pike counties. the 57th is up for grabs come tourney time. sheldon clark could pull a surprise, so could magoffin if #2 is on the mound. lawrence is struggling right now especially on offense as it seems like they can't score more than 3-4 runs no matter who they are facing, but they are still a very good team. johnson central can win it, but they don't seem to have a dominate ace pitcher. paintsville would seem to be the favorite right now, but are they peaking too early? remember, they lost to sheldon clark this year.

should be fun for the 57th district tourney. and sad in other ways to see some of these teams go home for the year. i wish they would class baseball. just go to a class system for this sport, maybe softball too. basketball can keep their "tradition".
Prestonsburg came off there All A sectional win, don't make too much of this.
This will be a fantastic district tourney, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Magoffin or SC won it.
lchsalumnus Wrote:goes to show that the 57th is the best district in the 15 region. jc and lawrence both beat prestonsburg. now the last place team in the 57th puts up 16 runs in a win against the blackcats. it is a shame that of the 5 teams in the 57th, only 2 will advance while some lesser teams will make it to the region from Floyd or Pike counties. the 57th is up for grabs come tourney time. sheldon clark could pull a surprise, so could magoffin if #2 is on the mound. lawrence is struggling right now especially on offense as it seems like they can't score more than 3-4 runs no matter who they are facing, but they are still a very good team. johnson central can win it, but they don't seem to have a dominate ace pitcher. paintsville would seem to be the favorite right now, but are they peaking too early? remember, they lost to sheldon clark this year.

should be fun for the 57th district tourney. and sad in other ways to see some of these teams go home for the year. i wish they would class baseball. just go to a class system for this sport, maybe softball too. basketball can keep their "tradition".

Don't forget that we lost to them the two years prior to this season also.
Who threw for prestonsburg?
Prestonsburg is good, but they've played a really weak schedule so far. They're one of the better teams in the 15th, but they're also in the a group of about 4 or 5 other teams that can win region this season.

Blackcats have some tough games coming up over the next few weeks against teams from outside of the 15th that are ranked in the top 20 in the state.

Should really find out what they're made of then.
Every baseball team has days like Prestonsburg did. Without a doubt they are still the best team in the 15th.
Best pitching staff in Stapleton, hall, and Griffith.
Hands down best two athletes in the region in Anderson (whom is the best shortstop in the region) and Williams (who is the best centerfielder and maybe the most athletic kid to play in the 15th).
Prestonsburg is the leading scoring team in the state and until Saturday never played a game and gave up more than 6 runs.
My prediction on this season for the 15th is Prestonsburg will win the region and make noise down state if they put what happened Saturday behind them.
I also believe an all "a" state championship will be coming back to the Prestonsburg in two weeks!
U need to check your facts they gave up 7 runs to capital in a loss at lawrence county and shelby has scored 203 runs to pburg 190 something.
Without a doubt doesn't ever lose a game they shouldn't. Stupid post, when was last time they even made a region final. Several teams from the 57th and others could beat them on a given day. I do think they are one of the faves but their is no clear cut favorite and I have seen nearly all of them play.
did staplton or however u spell his name ever sign with any teams???