Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2013 Russell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Aug 30, 13 Greenup County home

7:30 PM
Sep 6, 13 Ironton, OH away

Sep 13, 13 Ashland Blazer home

Sep 20, 13 Boyd County away

Sep 27, 13 West Carter away

Oct 4, 13 Fleming County home

Oct 11, 13 Mason County away

Oct 18, 13 Lewis County away

Oct 25, 13 East Carter home

Nov 1, 13 Pikeville home
Can't wait
6-4. 2nd seed in the district. Maybe 7-3 as the Pikeville game could be a toss up.
I agree. I may give a slight edge to Pikeville but having not played them I'm leaving that game undecided.
I would say 6-4 is likely. Depends on how the young kids come along.
Pikeville may represent single a east in state title game don't see Russell beating them. 6 4 I think
Wonder why Russell was afraid to play Raceland this year. The schools are 7 miles apart plus both schools have great gates. But in these days and times i can see driving two hours.
Pikeville won't win at Russell. They won't have the 15th region refs there. They got stomped at Raceland last year, then beat the Rams in Pikeville. And yes, I'm from the Pikeville area, ask anybody in Pike County what happens when you go into Pikeville to play the Panthers. It's like Kentucky teams going into Ironton.
Well I'm sure the refs didn't cause Raceland to fumble the ball. I'm sure it will be a good game for Russell but it should be anyone's ball game. I will give an edge to Pikeville but being a late season game I wouldn't count out the devils just yet. Just hope kids like Jenkins and Mullins use their leadership in bringing this team alive.
Any word on the health of Coach McGlone?
Allsports#1 Wrote:Wonder why Russell was afraid to play Raceland this year. The schools are 7 miles apart plus both schools have great gates. But in these days and times i can see driving two hours.

Wrong. They are three miles apart.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Any word on the health of Coach McGlone?

Last I heard he was recovering well.
I think they will be better than most people think. Even though their young they have a better attitude, work ethic, and will get after you more than the last several teams
Losses to Ironton, Ashland, Mason, and Pikeville. BUT, from what I hear the strength of this years lineman impressed alot of people at the Raceland 7 on 7. Could suprise some people. Pikeville will be to good by the end of the year. The earlier season games against Ashland and Ironton, Russell wont be quite strong enough. Pikeville will be a tough out for anyone this year. If Daniels improves just a little bit and develops some chemistry with the skill guys, they will shake things up. Especially with having to respect theor run game as well.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Losses to Ironton, Ashland, Mason, and Pikeville. BUT, from what I hear the strength of this years lineman impressed alot of people at the Raceland 7 on 7. Could suprise some people. Pikeville will be to good by the end of the year. The earlier season games against Ashland and Ironton, Russell wont be quite strong enough. Pikeville will be a tough out for anyone this year. If Daniels improves just a little bit and develops some chemistry with the skill guys, they will shake things up. Especially with having to respect theor run game as well.

EDIT: ESPECIALLY [B[/B[U]]]WITH HAVING TO RESPECT THEIR RUN GA
ME AS WELL.
[/U]
Agree. With the expectation of Pikeville's passing game being great this season, there could be a tendency to over look the run game, which will be very potent.
Russell will be significantly better at the end of the year also. Russell usually concentrates on stopping the run, its been tough to watch the last several years though, no one could tackle
I don't think this years team will be setting any records but I do think they will surprise some people.
Let the youth movement begin.
I don't see the beating Ironton. I doubt they best Pikeville this year. Mason County I'm not sure. As for Ashland, if they stop Quinton Baker then they can best them. Rest of the schedule is a matter of not overlooking anyone.
7-3. I think they edge Pikeville
I say 6-4 and at least 2nd round of the playoffs, possibly 3rd round if this team jells and the Sophomores mature quickly by playoff time.
I think they win one of the swing games, mason, or pikeville to go 7-3. If they win at mason and they jell by the end of the season, they could win both. I say this assuming they stay healthy, and the sophs and the one or two freshman play up to their potential. No matter what its going to be an interesting year simply because no one knows what to expect. It'll be fun watching the young kids develope
Hopefully the upcoming scrimmages will shine some light on how we will match up this year.
Statmaster Wrote:Pikeville won't win at Russell. They won't have the 15th region refs there. They got stomped at Raceland last year, then beat the Rams in Pikeville. And yes, I'm from the Pikeville area, ask anybody in Pike County what happens when you go into Pikeville to play the Panthers. It's like Kentucky teams going into Ironton.

One of the most blatant BS posts I have ever seen on here. Totally false, right down to where you live 16th region guy.:lame::Sad04:
I did find it odd that he mentioned being from the pikeville are, yet refering to ky teams going into Ironton. Johnson Central is the closest team to the 15th region that has played the Tigers in a good while. Oh well. Back to the topic at hand...
I don't like it that they have three scrimage games in one week. Maybe its just me, what do others think
:devilflam
I don't consider the Maroon and White game a scrimmage. Even though it is thought as one I consider it a good practice. They should be going up against each other like that in practice anyway in my opinion.
They should, but I don't believe they do
:popcorn:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I did find it odd that he mentioned being from the pikeville are, yet refering to ky teams going into Ironton. Johnson Central is the closest team to the 15th region that has played the Tigers in a good while. Oh well. Back to the topic at hand...
I don't live in the 15th region now.:Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2