Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: First gun control ammendment defeated.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
^ United States of the NRA. I guess you have to have family killed by guns, to support sensible gun legislation, like extended background checks. I hope it doesn't happen to my fellow Kentuckians.
^ da you're senate is controlled by democrats
cant blame the republicans for this one
TheRealVille Wrote:^ United States of the NRA. I guess you have to have family killed by guns, to support sensible gun legislation, like extended background checks. I hope it doesn't happen to my fellow Kentuckians.

This might be the most idiotic thing I have ever read. Btw I had a cousin get beat to death with a shovel during a robbery, maybe if he had a gun he would still be alive. That shit goes both ways TRV.
You also understand that the big gun companies stand to lose nothing through any of these laws right? The big three so to speak (Remington, S&W, and, Ruger) only got into this tactical thing lately, plus their products are generally not used in crime. Hi-points, jimeniz arms and the like are the ones used to kill people. The NRA is not a puppet of these companies and generally none of them care about gun control legislation they will make their money either way. The nra is a group funded by people that don't want this, Quit trying to do what every other liberal does by trying to blame the "evil" nra and realize that America does not want gun control and never will no matter how many skewed poll results msnbc puts out it doesn't change the fact that when a congressman looks at his inbox he will always see more pro gun than anti gun people, this is evidenced by the great exodus of dems from congress after the AWB passed in the 90s.
What is sensible gun legislation TRV?
TheRealVille Wrote:^ United States of the NRA. I guess you have to have family killed by guns, to support sensible gun legislation, like extended background checks. I hope it doesn't happen to my fellow Kentuckians.

I can't think of any "gun" legislation that would prevent someone from getting killed by a gun, much less the one that failed today.

Liberals will now blame the NRA without considering the constituents of those in the senate. Barry made a hard run at this and he came up short. Just another example of his failure to lead. Now him and his sycophants will whine, kick, blame a scream like a bunch of spoiled brats.
WideMiddle03 Wrote:^ da you're senate is controlled by democrats
cant blame the republicans for this one
Not by the needed 60.
One things for sure, no one that opposed this bill had a family member killed by a gun.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:I can't think of any "gun" legislation that would prevent someone from getting killed by a gun, much less the one that failed today.

Liberals will now blame the NRA without considering the constituents of those in the senate. Barry made a hard run at this and he came up short. Just another example of his failure to lead. Now him and his sycophants will whine, kick, blame a scream like a bunch of spoiled brats.
Are you referring to the 90% of America that was for this bill that the Senators went against?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:What is sensible gun legislation TRV?
This extensive background checks bill was a start.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:This might be the most idiotic thing I have ever read. Btw I had a cousin get beat to death with a shovel during a robbery, maybe if he had a gun he would still be alive. That shit goes both ways TRV.
Why didn't he have a gun? He was allowed to have one.
TheRealVille Wrote:Are you referring to the 90% of America that was for this bill that the Senators went against?

No they weren't, just like obamas claim that 40% of gun sales lack a background check. I guess its ok to make up statistics if it supports the lefts side.
TheRealVille Wrote:Why didn't he have a gun? He was allowed to have one.

Because he was anti gun.
TheRealVille Wrote:One things for sure, no one that opposed this bill had a family member killed by a gun.

No one has ever been killed by a gun. Killed by a person using a gun yes but the gun is incapable of thought.
I've had 2 grandparents killed by cancer.... do we ban cancer????

I've had friends killed in car wrecks.... do we ban cars????

There has been people I know die from 4 wheelers.... do we ban 4 wheelers????
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I've had 2 grandparents killed by cancer.... do we ban cancer????

I've had friends killed in car wrecks.... do we ban cars????

There has been people I know die from 4 wheelers.... do we ban 4 wheelers????
Moron post.
TheRealVille Wrote:Moron post.

Cars are heavily restricted, registered, and you have to take a test before driving yet how many people die on roads every day.
Mexico has incredibly strict gun control, so no one gets shot there ever.
A Bomb goes off.... The police look for a Bomber

In a Shooting incident.... people blame Guns.
TheRealVille Wrote:Moron post.

Confusednicker:
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Cars are heavily restricted, registered, and you have to take a test before driving yet how many people die on roads every day.
Yet it's easier to get and own a gun than to drive a car legally. Good point. :Thumbs:
Yes, I do admit something.......

I honestly believe that our founding fathers could not have imagined that fully automatic weapons would have been invented and available for purchase.

So, I do agree that certain people should not have access to certain types of weapons. However, if a person can pass a background check, and has no mental health issues, then yes, I do believe that people that meet the proper criteria should be able to purchase fully automatic weapons.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Yes, I do admit something.......

I honestly believe that our founding fathers could not have imagined that fully automatic weapons would have been invented and available for purchase.

So, I do agree that certain people should not have access to certain types of weapons. However, if a person can pass a background check, nad has no mental health issues, then yes, I do believe that people that meet the proper criteria should be able to purchase fully automatic weapons.

There were airguns at that time that used a 20 round magazine and was capable of firing 30 rounds before needing to be recharged, it hit with the force of a .45 acp. It was called the girandoni air rifle. It is what lewis and clark took on their expedition and took most of the game they got with it. There were also school shootings back then. The founding fathers truly believed that the people should never be outgunned by the government. Take that as you will. I agree certain individuals shouldn't have guns but then again no law will ever stop that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girandoni_Air_Rifle

^ an amazing technology lost to time.
TheRealVille Wrote:Yet it's easier to get and own a gun than to drive a car legally. Good point. :Thumbs:

And yet cars kill a lot more people all while no part of their design being for that purpose. Thanks for proving my point TRV.
I was a state correctional officer in 2007 at the Kentucky State Reformatory in LaGrange.....

Now, I'm a senior correctional officer at a federal prison.... And trust me people, Criminals Will Find Away To Get Their Hands On Guns. Banned or not

No matter where they live, how much they have to pay, they will get whatever type, model, caliber they want. And criminals Will Use guns on people who don't have them.

Banning weapons from law abiding citizens does not make society safer. Trust me.
TheRealVille Wrote:Are you referring to the 90% of America that was for this bill that the Senators went against?

Senators represent districts. The people in those districts are their constituents. If 90% of their constituents supported this form of legislation they would have voted for it. Getting re-elected IS high on their priority list.

I hope my congressman doesn't vote according to polls in other states/districts. Just my opinion.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Senators represent districts. The people in those districts are their constituents. If 90% of their constituents supported this form of legislation they would have voted for it. Getting re-elected IS high on their priority list.

I hope my congressman doesn't vote according to polls in other states/districts. Just my opinion.

If 90% of americans ever agreed on anything i'd have a stroke.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If 90% of americans ever agreed on anything i'd have a stroke.

Me too.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Yes, I do admit something.......

So, I do agree that certain people should not have access to certain types of weapons. However, if a person can pass a background check, and has no mental health issues, then yes, I do believe that people that meet the proper criteria should be able to purchase fully automatic weapons.
Me too. That's what this bill was about. I am 100% for law abiding, non mental people having the ability to own a gun. I have many guns. One is within 5 feet from me at all times.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6