Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County 12 Middlesboro 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HC jumped on Middlesboro early, up 7-1 after 3 innings. HC's bats woke up with 16 hits, if not for several errors by HC this game could have been over after 5 or 6 innings. For the most part HC's defense has been solid this year, but a couple other times after getting a big early lead they lost focus defensively and had several errors. HC is capable of beating anyone in the region when they bring they're A-game to the park!
Like I said in another thread. Hats off to HC for hitting the ball all night. Crawford wasn't real sharp and HC made him pay for it.

In the 5th, when the score was 8-5, with two outs, MHS's right fielder made a CRITICAL error that should have been the 3rd out of the inning. Instead, HC turned it into a 3 run inning.

Middlesboro also had a chance in the 7th when the score was 12-8 but the bases were loaded and the lead-off batter was on deck. With a 3-2-2 situation, the runners were started but the 9 hitter watched strike three on the outer half to end the game.

All in all, I feel like the two teams are pretty evenly matched. It will be another great district championship.
Some bad calls on both sides from the umps! Strike Zone was not consistent. Belt high pitches called balls a curve ball the catcher blocked in the dirt called a strike. A couple of times Leisge got up 0-2 threw a good pitch that was called a ball, just got him rattled. Black Bears gotta catch the ball, 6 of the 8 runs were unearned!
The Bears are worrying me as time gets closer to tourney time. We have been so inconsistant but I still believe in my Bears that they will get it together by tournament time.
bear claw Wrote:The Bears are worrying me as time gets closer to tourney time. We have been so inconsistant but I still believe in my Bears that they will get it together by tournament time.
Good point, it's time to start proving that they are able to bring their best to the park every night, not just when their backs are against the wall..
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Good point, it's time to start proving that they are able to bring their best to the park every night, not just when their backs are against the wall..

Middlesboro is the exact same way. They have to find some consistency.