Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County 18 - Lee County 3 (6 innings)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Engineers bust it wide open, plating 11 runs in the 6th inning.

Thomas started for Estill and got the win...Tuttle came in the 5th

Williams started for Lee and was pulled in the 3rd for #3 (I'm assuming Gabbard), Casey (6th), Bowman (6th), Traylor (6th).
Anyone know the date for the makeup game?
Estill County won JV 9-1
I am just speechless never expected a blow out like this! Nothing against Estill but, they're definitely not that much better than Lee. Apparently an off day for the Bobcats.
Estill County; 2--0--2--0--3--11 --- 18--18--2 (18 runs on 18 hits...2 errors)
Lee County; 0--0--2--1--0--0 --- 3--7--2 (3 runs on 7 hits...2 errors)

Estill had 2 extra base hits (that I know of) double by Ryan Freeman (no relation to former Standout Drew Freeman), Cody Portwood (triple)...Estill just unloaded in the 6th...had the bases loaded I don't know how many times and kept getting base hit after base hit after base hit after base hit after base hit...The triple and double came in the 6th.

Corey Thomas started for Estill picking up the W going 4 innings...Jacob Tuttle came on to finish the game in the 5th

Logan Williams started for Lee, got pulled in the 3rd...#3 (Assuming Gabbard?) came in 3rd, Moore Casey came in (6th), Anthony Bowman (6th), Tj Traylor (6th)...Traylor finished the game...

I figured Estill would have won but I'm surprised by this score...Estill seems to have the upper hand against Lee county when it comes to baseball, nothing against the Bobcats tho, good team, have several good players!!

Ryan Freeman's double just about became a home run, went to the fence.
Strikeout King Wrote:Estill County; 2--0--2--0--3--11 --- 18--18--2 (18 runs on 18 hits...2 errors)

Estill had 2 extra base hits (that I know of) double by Ryan Freeman (no relation to former Standout Drew Freeman), Cody Portwood (triple)...Estill just unloaded in the 6th...had the bases loaded I don't know how many times and kept getting base hit after base hit after base hit after base hit after base hit...The triple and double came in the 6th.

Corey Thomas started for Estill picking up the W going 4 innings...Jacob Tuttle came on to finish the game in the 5th

Logan Williams started for Lee, got pulled in the 3rd...#3 (Assuming Gabbard?) came in 3rd, Moore Casey came in (6th), Anthony Bowman (6th), Tj Traylor (6th)...Traylor finished the game...

I figured Estill would have won but I'm surprised by this score...Estill seems to have the upper hand against Lee county when it comes to baseball, nothing against the Bobcats tho, good team, have several good players!!

Yeah, you're right. Doesn't seem like it matters who has the better team. You guys just have our number.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Yeah, you're right. Doesn't seem like it matters who has the better team. You guys just have our number.

I didn't mean it like in a dis-respecting way or anything just anyone can go back and look at the scores since 2002 between these two teams. Since 2002 Estill is 21-6 against Lee County in baseball and on an 8 game win streak vs. The Bobcats with Lee's last win coming back in 2012 in the Powell County Tournament...Knock on wood....Lee has a good team, always has good basketball and baseball teams....Since Jeremy Sparks took over the Estill County baseball coaching position he's 8-2 against Lee County
Estill Co. has a great baseball program! Has had one for years!! The program is great all the way down to little league!!!
Strikeout King Wrote:Estill County; 2--0--2--0--3--11 --- 18--18--2 (18 runs on 18 hits...2 errors)

#3 is Gibson
Firebender14 Wrote:#3 is Gibson

Thanks! I wasn't for sure. Coach Jewell hasn't updated his roster on KHSAA and I don't think he uses maxpreps