Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro 10 Harlan County 0 (6 innings)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Middlesboro showed up and took care of business. Brian Hale pitched all 6 for the Jackets only allowing 1 hit and 1 walk while striking out 9. Middlesboro's 9 hits were assisted by a few HC errors.

Middlesboro looked very comfortable from start to finish.

HC will get a chance to redeem themselves tomorrow in a rematch. Crawford will be on the mound for the Jackets. He beat HC twice last year.

Lets hear it all you HC fans who blasted me preseason.
Do you figure all the Harlan County fans would go into hiding, kind of like you did after Middlesboro lost to Williamsburg?
HDE Wrote:Do you figure all the Harlan County fans would go into hiding, kind of like you did after Middlesboro lost to Williamsburg?

I'm sure they well. It's true that I've not posted since then but hiding it was not. That being said, it wasn't 10-0 6 inning district game so I'd understand if HC fans did hide a little bit.

I wouldn't be flaunting had it not been for all the preseason "top dog" talk. We're you at the game HDE? If so, just stop.
You weren't hiding? It's just a coincidence you quit posting when Middlesboro went into the dumpster for three weeks and then show back up when they get their biggest win.

Stop what?
Stop trying to take anything away from Middlesboro's win. It was as complete a victory as possible.

Like I said preseason, this district is Middlesboro's until proven otherwise.

Looking forward to your article.
I didn't say anything about Middlesboro's win — just you going into hiding for three weeks and then showing back up when they win.
You're with them win or tie.
Oh yeah, you've been writing up a storm about all the HC losses? You gladly post your two cent blog article on a thread about an HC win but never once in a thread about an HC loss. Saturday's Game against Corbin? Last weeks game against SL? Zero posts on any HC losses. Stop talking to me like you have any place to talk.

Bet you have nothing real to say about this game either.
Yeah, I wrote about all the losses, including Saturday:

CORBIN — Even Harlan County coach John Lewis isn't sure which of his teams will show up when the 2013 Black Bears play. Both the good and bad Bears were on display on Saturday.

I did post about this loss, unlike you the last three weeks after going into hiding.
One thing is for sure, no matter which team shows up for John Lewis............WIN or LOSE they do it with CLASS. The coaching staff and the entire team is a class act! Go Black Bear!
Who won the Williamsburg- Corbin game???
We played well and I think Harlan overlooked us. They will not do that tonight. With all that class they should have played the JV game, instead, said no we are leaving. I don't understand.....explain.
Great win for MBoro!!!! Harlan Co. slumping a bit!!!
Bobby with the large knobby is gonna bottom line this: No one likes either of you, being HC and Boro. You both suck large obese wang, and I dare someone to call me out. I'll whip out my 900 or whatever wins as a coach and my by god state title. And my knobby Wink
After seeing South Laurel, Im not sure anyone has a chance in this region anyways.
By far the best team.
I agree South is the best team, but I think some others have a shot with good pitching and defense. Clay beat them earlier.
I don't have a dog in the fight and I rarely post but I do have a question......

Why did HC not play the scheduled JV game? Was it because John Smith had just out-coached the mighty Black Bears and they were a wee bit embarrassed at being beaten so soundly by a team playing small ball?
who won tonights game?
HCHS won 12-8
"I don't have a dog in the fight and I rarely post but I do have a question......

Why did HC not play the scheduled JV game? Was it because John Smith had just out-coached the mighty Black Bears and they were a wee bit embarrassed at being beaten so soundly by a team playing small ball? "

I'm gonna say HC was sending a message to the players, saying that play will not be tolerated, so get on the bus and go home!
That's what I would have done!
Seriously doubt Middlesboro's Head coach outcoached anybody... He is not Billy Powell!
Was @ the game tonight. Harlan seems to be very inconsistent but every team I've seen is as well. Still believe Harlan is the better team of the two just not sure what happened last night.
We have a split and thanks to the wisdom of the AD's we go to a coin flip. Any sport that has to flip a coin to decide the winner needs new leadership. How can the AD's think the best first tie breaker is a coin flip?:please:
HDE Wrote:HCHS won 12-8

HC hit the ball well all night. They got it done at the plate when it mattered and Middlesboro missed too many opportunities.

When these two teams meet again in the district championship, I expect an epic matchup between Boggs and Hale.
You won't get it. It should be those two teams in the district championship, but their two best will pitch the first round games. You can't take a chance on holding your best out of an elimination game.
Van Hagar Wrote:You won't get it. It should be those two teams in the district championship, but their two best will pitch the first round games. You can't take a chance on holding your best out of an elimination game.

Crawford and Hale are very even for Middlesboro, but with different styles. It just so happens, Crawford's style controlled Bell County and Hale's style controlled HC. MHS hasn't played Harlan yet but they will not throw their 1 or 2 against them if that is their matchup in the district tournament.

Additionally, HC has several pitchers beyond Boggs capable of controlling Bell County or Harlan.

Just like in last year's game, two aces will meet in the district championship.

That's just my opinion.
I agree with MHS Parent this time. Neither team will start their best in the first round.
It would be very difficult to say who is Harlan County's ace anyway. Boggs won the district championship two years ago as a sophomore, but Leisge and Bond are also very good. Leisge didn't allow a hit through six innings on Tuesday.
Harlan County didn't use Boggs against Middlesboro in either game this week and Bond only pitched 2/3 of an inning.
You guys may be right, and I don't know either team well enough to say who their #1 is, but why would you ever not at least start your #1 in an elimination game, when with a win you get a game that isn't an elimination game? Why ever take that chance unless you are playing someone like this year's Lynn Camp that you know has zero chance? I guarantee you that South and Corbin will pitch their number ones against Whitley and Williamsburg in their first round district games, even though it will mean they will play each other for the district title with at best their number 2 starters on the mound. This year, in this region, the only advantage to winning a district is that you get a 1 in 3 chance at getting the runner-up from the Knox Central district, unless you are in that district of course, so you might be able to save some pitching there. Barring huge upsets, the region will be made up of Clay-North from the 49th, South-Corbin from the 50th, Knox Central-Barbourville from the 51st and Harlan Co.-Middlesboro from the 52nd. If that holds, B'ville looks like the only gimme.
I understand what you are saying but in the case of the 52nd district, it would be a big upset for Bell County or Harlan to make it past the first round. HC and MHS both have a crop of pitchers that are all capable of shutting down Bell County.

Everyone wants that Barbourville matchup. They are TERRIBLE.
Corbin and Whitley could be very competitive, but I'm guessing South won't use their best against Williamsburg. Maybe not even their No. 2 guy. Clay and North will both save their best for the finals.

It may not even be Barbourville. I'm thinking Pineville may make it back to the regional.
Yeah, whichever it is, still a huge advantage for the district winner that gets them. Basically you are setting your pitching up for two games rather than three. You are right, Goins, Corbin's best, will almost surely have to go for them in the opening round against Whitley (if that is the way it pans out, Corbin could actually still get the top seed in that district if they sweep South next week, unlikely but possible.) South should be able to hold off against Williamsburg. I'm sure North will use one of their best against Jackson, because they were behind them 3-0 in their meeting, and didn't blow it open until the 4th or 5th innning. Not gonna take a chance, but they have three or four that are very close anyway, not one head and shoulders above. But there will be enough time off between district and region, barring a lot of rain, that everyone's pitching should be available. South is the overall best, but certainly not untouchable. Gonna be really interesting.