Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Expo Summer Shootout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey is anybody enter this 3 on 3 basketeball tournament at the Eastern Kentucky Expo center,its 25 dollars per person and you must have 4 people on your team. The age groups are 8-11 12-15 16-18 19-30 then over 30. Each winning team in their divison will win a Trophy, Runner-ups a Medallion and every one who enters gets a T-Shirt

So who is entering and who is on your team...:rockon:
When is it??
No I didn't enter because I was afraid all the fans or students would be away on vacation and would not be able to attend.
bball fan Wrote:When is it??

Next Thursday,friday and Saturday
Are the kids that play high school basketball eligible? Don't think so.
ERblue4ever Wrote:Are the kids that play high school basketball eligible? Don't think so.
Why wouldn't high school players be eligible???
Man someone could get a great team togather for this, heck with the players in the 15th and in southern WVA. there could be some real good games.
I think HS players can play and accept trophies, just not $$$$$$.
foxsports &bballfan, high school players can take part in this tournament.I was just curious. KHSAA Bylaw 8 Case BL-8-5- What rules exist regarding a high school player playing for a church or independent team in the summer(after the school year)?
Insofar as athletic competition is not in conflict with KHSAA Bylaws (such as a football player on an out side team during practice or play period). student-athletes may participate in non-school competition as an individual or member of a team following the conclusion of the academic school year or during the period prior to the start of school ( with the exception of adhering to the published Bylaw 26, Dead Period restrictions. It should be noted that the insurance plan provided by the Association does not apply to students participating in these non-school activities.

What I gather from this is that high school football players will not be eligible for this tournament because they have started practice, correct me if I'm wrong?
Sounds logical. I doubt if the football coaches would be in favor of it anyway with it being in Late July.
ERblue4ever Wrote:Are the kids that play high school basketball eligible? Don't think so.

yea they are,anyboy is eligible only if they have the 25 dollars to enter it
fox sports Wrote:Why wouldn't high school players be eligible???

They are,he is crazy
ERblue4ever Wrote:foxsports &bballfan, high school players can take part in this tournament.I was just curious. KHSAA Bylaw 8 Case BL-8-5- What rules exist regarding a high school player playing for a church or independent team in the summer(after the school year)?
Insofar as athletic competition is not in conflict with KHSAA Bylaws (such as a football player on an out side team during practice or play period). student-athletes may participate in non-school competition as an individual or member of a team following the conclusion of the academic school year or during the period prior to the start of school ( with the exception of adhering to the published Bylaw 26, Dead Period restrictions. It should be noted that the insurance plan provided by the Association does not apply to students participating in these non-school activities.

What I gather from this is that high school football players will not be eligible for this tournament because they have started practice, correct me if I'm wrong?

Yea,but they can still play if they wont,just dont go to football pratice lol
bball fan Wrote:I think HS players can play and accept trophies, just not $$$$$$.

noboy wins money,the prizes are a Trophy,Medallion and T-Shirts
I know for a fact that there will be some good game,you all should def. go watch, it will be great
NYY10, no once football players start practice that would make them ineligible. Must be a Valley fan were they get by holding kids back for 2 years. That is getting ready to come to a halt also.
there was no holding back two years.........
you must be someone not in the virgie area that are mad because virgie won state in 2005
and u need an excuse
NYY10 Wrote:I know for a fact that there will be some good game,you all should def. go watch, it will be great
Yea,this is mostly about a little competion between different age groups
I really should be alot of fun to watch & to play.
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:I really should be alot of fun to watch & to play.
TC, we could put together an old-timers team. Smile
If you were out there fox...I'd come for sure!
ERblue4ever Wrote:NYY10, no once football players start practice that would make them ineligible. Must be a Valley fan were they get by holding kids back for 2 years. That is getting ready to come to a halt also.

Stop getting mad because Valley and Virgie are better then where ya from
Mr.Baseball2 Wrote:you must be someone not in the virgie area that are mad because virgie won state in 2005
and u need an excuse

Thats Right
Beef Wrote:If you were out there fox...I'd come for sure!

yup,it would be a good thing to see!
so can football players play and is it to late to enter cuase i would love to play in this thing
I think it's kinda dumb personally. Who wants to pay 100 dollars per team to win a 10 dollar trophey? Not me. I say play for cash.
Luxord Wrote:so can football players play and is it to late to enter cuase i would love to play in this thing

no you can still enter but u have to pay a late fee
BCF4L Wrote:I think it's kinda dumb personally. Who wants to pay 100 dollars per team to win a 10 dollar trophey? Not me. I say play for cash.

to find out how u all match up with other players around
anyboy is eligible only if they have the 25 dollars to enter it
Pages: 1 2