Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cutting the grass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Summer has begun. I pulled the old lawn mower out today and cut the grass. The weekly process has begun. This year seems like the latest day for the first cutting ever. Last year I cut it in mid March for the first time
I don't mind cutting grass. To me, it was an easy way to get some exercise and some time to myself. Now that I live in an apartment, I kind of miss going out once a week to cut the grass.
Call it a hunch Jarons, I'm sure someone local would be happy to pass the mowing baton to you if you ever got an itch Confusednicker:
You can come and help me ANYTIME, Jarons!! We mow about 5 acres, and yesterday was the second time so far this year. Love the smells yesterday; can't breathe today!!!

Wink
I mowed Tuesday and then had to again yesterday, and to top it off my riding mower of 9 years finally had a breakdown. Deck broke off where the pull connect to the blade and pulley. Gotta go find one today.
Nothin' runs like a deer!!!!

Wink
Granny Bear Wrote:You can come and help me ANYTIME, Jarons!! We mow about 5 acres, and yesterday was the second time so far this year. Love the smells yesterday; can't breathe today!!!

Wink

The last summer I was in KY I took care of my in-laws yard, which is a little more than 5 acres and my wife's friend whose yard was just under 10 acres.
Dang son, I think I'd be okay with no more mowing if I were you!!

Wink
Granny Bear Wrote:Nothin' runs like a deer!!!!

Wink

Especially when you buy one at lowes and realize they have a kholer in them :biglmao:

I wouldnt even know where to buy a real deere anymore. Theyve sold out now to.
Haven't cut the grass yet....hurt my ankle during one of my work-out days...

However, my daughter's boyfriend is coming over to mow for me (he is trying to get on my good side). I didn't ask until it got pretty high (I want to make it a challenge for him).

We will see how this goes...
LOVE your logic!!
judgementday Wrote:Haven't cut the grass yet....hurt my ankle during one of my work-out days...

However, my daughter's boyfriend is coming over to mow for me (he is trying to get on my good side). I didn't ask until it got pretty high (I want to make it a challenge for him).

We will see how this goes...

If he is anything like the rest of the current generation of youth, he'll quit after one swipe and be playing xbox before you can even drink a glass of lemonade.

However, i remember working awfully hard just to get on parents good sides when i was a kid. Once theyd let there daughters out of the house, it was all over.

Being a teenager is a wonderful time....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If he is anything like the rest of the current generation of youth, he'll quit after one swipe and be playing xbox before you can even drink a glass of lemonade.

However, i remember working awfully hard just to get on parents good sides when i was a kid. Once theyd let there daughters out of the house, it was all over.

Being a teenager is a wonderful time....

He has mowed my yard before and did a good job so I am not worried about that and the only way he would get on my good side is to stop dating my daughter.

I only have one problem with him.......he is MALE...

I have done many things to deter him from crossing boundaries that I have set in place....my favorite is the day I purchased my 9mm, I posted a picture of it on my FB page and tagged my daughter in it....good times...
^
It is extremely difficult to have a young girl in todays world.
They can be so naive, and young boys have grown up with the belief the only way to live is to cross those boundaries.

Good luck! Dont know what id do if i had a little girl.