Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay vs North Laurel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Big game tomorrow in Clay County as the Tigers host the Jaguars. Expect a big Friday night crowd, and a very intense environment as the players as well as fans should be into the game. It's basically the 49th district championship, as Jackson County is..well Jackson County. Post thoughts on this game.
Don't count out the golden boy Jordan Fox for Jackson Co, now Bobby. We all know he's better than any Point Guard to ever step foot in your gymnasium. With that being said, this is a big game but nowhere near as big as the one that will occur in District time. I look for both teams to throw off, with Clay not showing Tanner "Landshark" Hoskins or Allen. Go Tigers!
Turns out neither team threw off. Clay pitched Hoskins, North countered with Carson and Hurley, Clay wins a very good game 3-2. All pitchers pitched well, North made some infield errors which were the difference in the game and has been their main downfall this season. Little more important to win this than you might think, because with Whitehead on the mound, Jackson Co. is not a gimme, even though both of these teams are much better. But you know how a hot pitcher can control a baseball game, so better to avoid having to play them if you can, which Clay did.
Was a great game between 2 top 4 teams in the region. for the record Clay did not avoid JC. JC field is terrible and a little drizzle washes it out. Clay offered to play it at Clay and let JC be home team. They declined.
These two teams can beat anyone in the region depending on who they pitch of course. I know nothing about the Whitehead kid from Jackson, so I can't have any input there. Carson and Hoskins both looked sharp from what I saw. Carson simply overpowered Clay in the first few innings with his fastball until they adjusted and started hitting him, and Hoskins didn't seem to have his junk ball stuff working like he usually does, but he found a way to win. Overall a great game by both teams, and can't wait till they battle it out again.
Bomber, I think you misinterpreted what I meant when I said Clay avoided Jackson. I was talking about having to play the extra game in the district, I don't think Smith would dodge anybody. Just saying now you are automatically in the region, don't have to worry about playing Jackson. North should almost surely beat them, but you know how a one-shot baseball game can go sometimes if one pitcher gets hot.
BobbyKeith3 Wrote:Big game tomorrow in Clay County as the Tigers host the Jaguars. Expect a big Friday night crowd, and a very intense environment as the players as well as fans should be into the game. It's basically the 49th district championship, as Jackson County is..well Jackson County. Post thoughts on this game.

Please include the date in the title thread of the game as well as the @ sign indicating who is the home team.

Thx. SD