Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: look at this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-11...cmpid=yhoo

"The $1.3 trillion U.S. health-care system overhaul is getting more expensive and will initially accomplish less than intended.

Costs for a network of health-insurance exchanges, a core part of the Affordable Care Act, have swelled to $4.4 billion for fiscal 2012 and 2013 combined, and will reach $5.7 billion in 2014, according to the budget President Barack Obama yesterday sent to Congress. That spending would be more than double initial projections, even though less than half the 50 U.S. states are participating.

The unanticipated spending is a consequence of an ambitious timetable dictated by Congress and a complex new way of offering people medical coverage, say analysts, lobbyists and administration officials. Combine that with a majority of Republican governors declining to cooperate with a Democratic president and U.S. regulators are left grasping to get the 2010 health law up and running by a Jan. 1, 2014, deadline."
I love how they try to blame the republicans for this stupid law.
I think it is very difficult to project the costs, because we don't know where the costs of healthcare will be in those years.

The cost of healthcare (hospital, doctors, etc..) is at an all time high.

I don't think some of you truly understand how much money these hospitals end up eating, taking care of people who have no insurance, even some of the small hospitals in EKY. I've mentioned some cases I knew of personally, where the cost to the hospital was in the 500k-1mil range for a patient, and that doesn't include money lost by not being able to put another patient in that room.

Now some is able to be used as a tax write-off, but most of it is passed on to patients who have insurance. I definitely think there is a direct connection between the rising number of people without adequate/any insurance and the rising costs of premiums.

Also to blame is the cost of prescription drugs and the amount of money these drug companies are making is ridiculous. It's a tough one to balance because we need the R&D to continue to progress, but we also have to balance cost.

Also, there is a so much wasteful spending in the current govt programs, it is hard to even understand unless you have seen it first hand. Every day ED's across the nation are packed with the non-insured who know that going to the ED means they will get treated. This costs tax payers 10000x more than it would if they could just go see a family doctor or outreach center.

I don't think anyone should ever go broke and lose everything because they or a family member get sick, and no one should be refused potentially life saving treatment because they can't afford it.

It's a tough one to balance, but I think if we can get some fiscally responsible politicians in place, we can find a good balance. Of course, when half the nation is on govt assistance, I have no faith that this country will ever get back on the right path.

I wonder what people like Realville really think the future of this country will be like when our financial system collapses, and no one is getting anything? I think they live in make believe land, and believe that America can never fail, but it may happen, and it will if we don't get our spending under control.

P.S. I don't wanna hear about Bush, he wasn't the greatest president, but I believe our last 3 Presidents are in the top 10 of the worst Presidents this nation has ever had, and the leaders and others in the House and Senate are right there with them. I don't know that this country has ever had such a poor and inept govt in place before.
Beetle01 Wrote:I think it is very difficult to project the costs, because we don't know where the costs of healthcare will be in those years.

The cost of healthcare (hospital, doctors, etc..) is at an all time high.

I don't think some of you truly understand how much money these hospitals end up eating, taking care of people who have no insurance, even some of the small hospitals in EKY.
I've mentioned some cases I knew of personally, where the cost to the hospital was in the 500k-1mil range for a patient, and that doesn't include money lost by not being able to put another patient in that room.

Now some is able to be used as a tax write-off, but most of it is passed on to patients who have insurance. I definitely think there is a direct connection between the rising number of people without adequate/any insurance and the rising costs of premiums.

Also to blame is the cost of prescription drugs and the amount of money these drug companies are making is ridiculous. It's a tough one to balance because we need the R&D to continue to progress, but we also have to balance cost.

Also, there is a so much wasteful spending in the current govt programs, it is hard to even understand unless you have seen it first hand. Every day ED's across the nation are packed with the non-insured who know that going to the ED means they will get treated. This costs tax payers 10000x more than it would if they could just go see a family doctor or outreach center.

I don't think anyone should ever go broke and lose everything because they or a family member get sick, and no one should be refused potentially life saving treatment because they can't afford it.

It's a tough one to balance, but I think if we can get some fiscally responsible politicians in place, we can find a good balance. Of course, when half the nation is on govt assistance, I have no faith that this country will ever get back on the right path.

I wonder what people like Realville really think the future of this country will be like when our financial system collapses, and no one is getting anything? I think they live in make believe land, and believe that America can never fail, but it may happen, and it will if we don't get our spending under control.

P.S. I don't wanna hear about Bush, he wasn't the greatest president, but I believe our last 3 Presidents are in the top 10 of the worst Presidents this nation has ever had, and the leaders and others in the House and Senate are right there with them. I don't know that this country has ever had such a poor and inept govt in place before.
Is that the reason someone like me, with insurance, gets charged(or my insurance rather) 249.00 for a bottle of water I asked for during a $12,000 dollar colonscopy? We might want to look at what healthcare is charging for their procedures.
TheRealVille Wrote:Is that the reason someone like me, with insurance, gets charged(or my insurance rather) 249.00 for a bottle of water I asked for during a $12,000 dollar colonscopy? We might want to look at what healthcare is charging for their procedures.

Yup, however, if you want the hospitals to keep their doors open, you can't reduce their income without doing something about the amount of money they lose caring for those without insurance.
Beetle01 Wrote:Yup, however, if you want the hospitals to keep their doors open, you can't reduce their income without doing something about the amount of money they lose caring for those without insurance.

You know no offense intended but, to me you act like the buck is going to stop with hospitals and insurance companies. I know you've got a piece of this because you said it's a tough one to balace but, try to understand something. When such a vast number of folks get health care for free, there is only one recourse. Other people pay for it. Expensive drugs, treatment, a drink of water that costs 250 dollars, whatever. Now here's the rub. Not only do we still have the same people being given free care, it's going to be government mandated and regulated, and wildly expanded. How much power will government watchdog agencies have over those who oversee patient care? Well how much power does the EPA and the IRS have?

At least as things were, hospitals and doctors were in charge of their own destinies. Now, whether bureaucrats want to admit it or not, we are within a few years at best, of a government health care system. They owned it as of 2010 just like they own welfare. And again, who pays for welfare?

The only thing that has been accomplished with the passage of ObamaCare is a greatly exacerbated misery index. Yours and my care will be woefully substandard as compared to the preObamaCare days and yet, we will pay at least $20 thousand a year for a policy that only pays 60% of covered care in the person of physicians, procedures and services. We're gong to get much worse and pay much more.

It's circular logic. The same folks who didn't use to pay will still not pay and the ones who did pay will pay much more for much less. What did we fix here?
TheRealThing Wrote:You know no offense intended but, to me you act like the buck is going to stop with hospitals and insurance companies. I know you've got a piece of this because you said it's a tough one to balace but, try to understand something. When such a vast number of folks get health care for free, there is only one recourse. Other people pay for it. Expensive drugs, treatment, a drink of water that costs 250 dollars, whatever. Now here's the rub. Not only do we still have the same people being given free care, it's going to be government mandated and regulated, and wildly expanded. How much power will government watchdog agencies have over those who oversee patient care? Well how much power does the EPA and the IRS have?

At least as things were, hospitals and doctors were in charge of their own destinies. Now, whether bureaucrats want to admit it or not, we are within a few years at best, of a government health care system. They owned it as of 2010 just like they own welfare. And again, who pays for welfare?

The only thing that has been accomplished with the passage of ObamaCare is a greatly exacerbated misery index. Yours and my care will be woefully substandard as compared to the preObamaCare days and yet, we will pay at least $20 thousand a year for a policy that only pays 60% of covered care in the person of physicians, procedures and services. We're gong to get much worse and pay much more.

It's circular logic. The same folks who didn't use to pay will still not pay and the ones who did pay will pay much more for much less. What did we fix here?

My point is that we are already paying for it. Whether it is through Medicare, Medicaid, or skyrocketing costs for procedures and visits.

If many of these people who have no insurance, were able to get preventative care, and follow up with office visits, it would cost literally 10,000 times less.

When a person visits the ED, the doctors and staff are required to run batteries of tests, depending on the complaints, even if that patient has been seen multiple times before in that same ED, for the same complaint. This is because they have to protect their license.

I'll use one example I have used before. One lady used to come into the ED all the time for migraines. I looked once at her visits, and it was in the dozens, 30-40 for less than a year. Uninsured obviously. This is because she couldn't follow up with a family doc, because she couldn't afford it, and the ED is only going to give ya a script for 1 week usually. So every single time she came in, the same tests would be ran, CT's, blood work, urinalysis, etc..

The ED doctors have to treat each visit differently, they can't say, well here is Mrs. Doe again, she just needs pain meds, write her a script and send her on her way. Because, that one time something is actually wrong, they will be up crap creek.

Now, if she had insurance, she could establish with a family doctor, and the family doctor will not be required to do that every time, and they can also write scripts with refills, over the phone, etc.. so instead of the 30-40 visits, at the cost of probably 5-9k a visit, they could go to the family doc at the cost of a couple hundred bucks for the entire year.

That's upwards of maybe 270k for treatment (that we are paying for one way or another) or a couple hundred bucks for an entire year. Which do you prefer?

This is just 1 patient, out of dozens at the one hospital I was at.

It seems from the discussions on here TRT, that you are more for just letting people go without treatment. That's never going to happen, or people will get in such bad shape that when they finally get critical and end up being rushed to the hospital via ambulance and require hundreds of thousands of dollars in emergency care, surgery, etc..

I'm all for cutting spending, especially welfare, disability (this is where the lifetime abuse happens), food stamps, etc..

People should not go without proper healthcare or preventative care, if we cut down the spending in other areas, and address the healthcare issue with some common sense, we will see that we can afford to help those in need with medical problems, and not spend a trillion+ dollars a year doing it.

Not only would we be cutting spending, but it would also go a long way in stabilizing a huge sector of our workforce.

Even with the huge increases hospitals have instituted, many are still struggling to get by, and this is almost solely attributed to the cost of care for those without insurance, as well as the govt putting limits on what they will pay for procedures, thus cutting income, but doing nothing about the expenses the hospitals face.
^
Confusednicker:
Beetle01 Wrote:(1) My point is that we are already paying for it. Whether it is through Medicare, Medicaid, or skyrocketing costs for procedures and visits.

(2) If many of these people who have no insurance, were able to get preventative care, and follow up with office visits, it would cost literally 10,000 times less.

(3) When a person visits the ED, the doctors and staff are required to run batteries of tests, depending on the complaints, even if that patient has been seen multiple times before in that same ED, for the same complaint. This is because they have to protect their license.

I'll use one example I have used before. One lady used to come into the ED all the time for migraines. I looked once at her visits, and it was in the dozens, 30-40 for less than a year. Uninsured obviously. This is because she couldn't follow up with a family doc, because she couldn't afford it, and the ED is only going to give ya a script for 1 week usually. So every single time she came in, the same tests would be ran, CT's, blood work, urinalysis, etc..

The ED doctors have to treat each visit differently, they can't say, well here is Mrs. Doe again, she just needs pain meds, write her a script and send her on her way. Because, that one time something is actually wrong, they will be up crap creek.
Now, if she had insurance, she could establish with a family doctor, and the family doctor will not be required to do that every time, and they can also write scripts with refills, over the phone, etc.. so instead of the 30-40 visits, at the cost of probably 5-9k a visit, they could go to the family doc at the cost of a couple hundred bucks for the entire year.

That's upwards of maybe 270k for treatment (that we are paying for one way or another) or a couple hundred bucks for an entire year. Which do you prefer?

This is just 1 patient, out of dozens at the one hospital I was at.

(4) It seems from the discussions on here TRT, that you are more for just letting people go without treatment. That's never going to happen, or people will get in such bad shape that when they finally get critical and end up being rushed to the hospital via ambulance and require hundreds of thousands of dollars in emergency care, surgery, etc..

I'm all for cutting spending, especially welfare, disability (this is where the lifetime abuse happens), food stamps, etc..

People should not go without proper healthcare or preventative care, if we cut down the spending in other areas, and address the healthcare issue with some common sense, we will see that we can afford to help those in need with medical problems, and not spend a trillion+ dollars a year doing it.

Not only would we be cutting spending, but it would also go a long way in stabilizing a huge sector of our workforce.

(5) Even with the huge increases hospitals have instituted, many are still struggling to get by, and this is almost solely attributed to the cost of care for those without insurance, as well as the govt putting limits on what they will pay for procedures, thus cutting income, but doing nothing about the expenses the hospitals face.

Fine, let's take it from the top.

(1) - Your point disregards the fact that insurance costs now are less than half the 20 thousand mark we are all headed for.

(2) - 10 thousand times less huh, is this supposed to be a serious post? So what you're telling us is that if Jane U (uninsured) Doe, goes to the ER once a week to get treated for an imaginary, or real, case of sinusitis. Just for the sake of demonstration let's say it costs $100 dollars for each visit. But, if she had insurance it would only cost one penny for that same visit. WOW! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

(3) - You're talking about TORT Reform here, making my and everybody else's insurance go through the roof along with the government take over of one sixth of the entire American economy under the overreach of ObamaCare is like shooting a mosquito off your nose with a 12 gauge. Republicans have brought this up thousands of times and the electorate is too comfortable to take a position on TORT Reform.

(4) - Again, nobody goes untreated in this country. Regardless, I've listened to a lot of doctors speak on the matter and they say (and have written a number of good books on the matter) there are far better ways to improve the system. I personally prefer Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery Dr Ben Carson at Johns Hopkins Hospital point of view about all of this. For the record, I've never come close to indicating on here or anywhere, that I am for not treating sick folks.

Freedom doesn't mean utopia. Contrary to the "Great Society" vision of the liberals of Lyndon Baines Johnson's day, we will never be in a position to 'buy' all of the problems of the American citizenry.

(5) - Circular logic. Like playing hot potato. You pass that potato on and the next guy still gets burned. You're not changing a thing with federally mandated health care except that those who are forced to pay will have the full faith and force of the federal government of the United States of America to contend with on bill payment, and they don't take many prisoners.
TheRealThing Wrote:Fine, let's take it from the top.

(1) - Your point disregards the fact that insurance costs now are less than half the 20 thousand mark we are all headed for.

(2) - 10 thousand times less huh, is this supposed to be a serious post? So what you're telling us is that if Jane U (uninsured) Doe, goes to the ER once a week to get treated for an imaginary, or real, case of sinusitis. Just for the sake of demonstration let's say it costs $100 dollars for each visit. But, if she had insurance it would only cost one penny for that same visit. WOW! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

(3) - You're talking about TORT Reform here, making my and everybody else's insurance go through the roof along with the government take over of one sixth of the entire American economy under the overreach of ObamaCare is like shooting a mosquito off your nose with a 12 gauge. Republicans have brought this up thousands of times and the electorate is too comfortable to take a position on TORT Reform.

(4) - Again, nobody goes untreated in this country. Regardless, I've listened to a lot of doctors speak on the matter and they say (and have written a number of good books on the matter) there are far better ways to improve the system. I personally prefer Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery Dr Ben Carson at Johns Hopkins Hospital point of view about all of this. For the record, I've never come close to indicating on here or anywhere, that I am for not treating sick folks.

Freedom doesn't mean utopia. Contrary to the "Great Society" vision of the liberals of Lyndon Baines Johnson's day, we will never be in a position to 'buy' all of the problems of the American citizenry.

(5) - Circular logic. Like playing hot potato. You pass that potato on and the next guy still gets burned. You're not changing a thing with federally mandated health care except that those who are forced to pay will have the full faith and force of the federal government of the United States of America to contend with on bill payment, and they don't take many prisoners.

#2. He is saying that she will have insurance that covers a family doctor with is thousands of dollars cheaper than a ER visit. 20 visits to a family doctor at 100$ a visit. Or 20 visits to the ER at 1200$ minimum. It's simple math. But you chose to ignore it.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:#2. He is saying that she will have insurance that covers a family doctor with is thousands of dollars cheaper than a ER visit. 20 visits to a family doctor at 100$ a visit. Or 20 visits to the ER at 1200$ minimum. It's simple math. But you chose to ignore it.

he ignores a lot of things mostly FACTS :biggrin:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:#2. He is saying that she will have insurance that covers a family doctor with is thousands of dollars cheaper than a ER visit. 20 visits to a family doctor at 100$ a visit. Or 20 visits to the ER at 1200$ minimum. It's simple math. But you chose to ignore it.

Actually I appreciate it when folks like Beetle make posts because they are coming from somewhere other than DNC issued talking points.

But, speaking of simple math, where are you coming up with $1,200 dollars from? I used the 100 dollar/1 penny value to demonstrate in real terms the simplest 10,000 to one ratio that exists in American currency. That's not what he said at all. He said insurance would lower the cost of visits for people non-payers/non-insured by 10,000 times cheaper.

The average cost of an emergency room visit is anywhere between $300 and $1,000 dollars. Refiguring by using the high number of 1,000 for the average ER visit with Beetle's 10,000 times cheaper "literal" cost disparity, we see that after ObamaCare is fully implemented that same $1,000 dollar visit should go down to 10 cents. Now, I gotta say, I will gladly eat the crow necessary to see that day come whether by ObamaCare or whatever.
TheRealThing Wrote:Actually I appreciate it when folks like Beetle make posts because they are coming from somewhere other than DNC issued talking points.

But, speaking of simple math, where are you coming up with $1,200 dollars from? I used the 100 dollar/1 penny value to demonstrate in real terms the simplest 10,000 to one ratio that exists in American currency. That's not what he said at all. He said insurance would lower the cost of visits for people non-payers/non-insured by 10,000 times cheaper.

The average cost of an emergency room visit is anywhere between $300 and $1,000 dollars. Refiguring by using the high number of 1,000 for the average ER visit with Beetle's 10,000 times cheaper "literal" cost disparity, we see that after ObamaCare is fully implemented that same $1,000 dollar visit should go down to 10 cents. Now, I gotta say, I will gladly eat the crow necessary to see that day come whether by ObamaCare or whatever.
Can you say exaggeration to make a point? You will demonize anybody to make a point.

One thing is for sure, I have gained tons of respect for Hoot, since you came onboard. He could, at least, see the point Beetle was getting at.
The problem with TRT is that he isn't smart enough to take points from someone that's actually in the medical field, on the ACA benefits. Contrary to his belief, long posts don't make one a genius, or even informed.
TheRealVille Wrote:Can you say exaggeration to make a point? You will demonize anybody to make a point.

One thing is for sure, I have gained tons of respect for Hoot, since you came onboard.

This coming from a guy who has used the words liar, moron, hypocrite, and idiot to describe us both. If you weren't such a light weight, maybe you could spend more time developing your thoughts, and less time assailing the character of others who post on here, merely on the basis that their opinions are different that your own.

And yet, if my posts have caused you to gain tons of respect for anybody other than those who only agree with you, I've done you some good. Disagreeing with somebody certainly does not equal demonizing them.

I believe the tenets of liberalism you advocate are destructive to this nation. I have every right to post to that end. Maybe ObamaCare will be cheaper. I don't think I has any likelihood at all of lowering the costs of health care. I've listened to both sides on the matter. From where I sit, I think Ben Carson is better positioned to expound on the validity of ObamaCare than somebody like you or Beetle are. Therefore, I fully intend to take my cues from folks of his caliber and other notables from around the country including some from our own area.

If that makes you hate me, so be it.
TheRealThing Wrote:This coming from a guy who has used the words liar, moron, hypocrite, and idiot to describe us both. If you weren't such a light weight, maybe you could spend more time developing your thoughts, and less time assailing the character of others who post on here, merely on the basis that their opinions are different that your own.

And yet, if my posts have caused you to gain tons of respect for anybody other than those who only agree with you, I've done you some good. Disagreeing with somebody certainly does not equal demonizing them.

I believe the tenets of liberalism you advocate are destructive to this nation. I have every right to post to that end. Maybe ObamaCare will be cheaper. I don't think I has any likelihood at all of lowering the costs of health care. I've listened to both sides on the matter. From where I sit, I think Ben Carson is better positioned to expound on the validity of ObamaCare than somebody like you or Beetle are. Therefore, I fully intend to take my cues from folks of his caliber and other notables from around the country including some from our own area.

If that makes you hate me, so be it.
I don't hate you because I think you are a "far right wing idiot", some of my family are.
TheRealVille Wrote:The problem with TRT is that he isn't smart enough to take points from someone that's actually in the medical field, on the ACA benefits. Contrary to his belief, long posts don't make one a genius, or even informed.

The problem with you is that you direct venom towards those that don't agree with you because of your dislike for them. Did you not post on here that you don't like Hoot? And, I'll give you some insight on something. Anybody who can't debate without getting mad and hateful doesn't look very intelligent.

Besides, we both know the real bane of contention between us. I like to give God the credit He has coming for being both Lord and Creator. IMO, it's impossible to make an accurate assessment of how we got here, what the significance of our lives here is based on, and how it all ends up apart from God's Word. That's why I post It.

The level of my intellect is not contingent upon your appraisal.
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't hate you because I think you are a "far right wing idiot", some of my family are.

LOL, well I sincerely hope you don't talk to them like you do me. :biglmao:
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, well I sincerely hope you don't talk to them like you do me. :biglmao:
They know I can't stand "gay bashing, racist, far right wing nut jobs", like yourself, but I love them. My main gain of respect for Hoot was finding out he was a Christian, yet he has NEVER pushed the bible on people here, like you do in 90% of your posts, and at the same time demonizing them.
TheRealVille Wrote:They know I can't stand "gay bashing, racist, far right wing nut jobs", like yourself, but I love them. My main gain of respect for Hoot was finding out he was a Christian, yet he has NEVER pushed the bible on people here, like you do in 90% of your posts.

And once again, the engineer of the lunar express has brought us back to Circleville. I'm not 'good' enough to make judgments about the sinful habits of others. God however, is. He is the One who says the homosexual lifestyle is wrong, and it was He Who destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to demonstrate the point. All I do is what He told me to do. And, that is to tell others the truth. Therefore, since "Man ought to obey God rather than men" it is His orders I march to and not yours. As I have said, your argument is with Him, not me.
TheRealVille Wrote:They know I can't stand "gay bashing, racist, far right wing nut jobs", like yourself, but I love them. My main gain of respect for Hoot was finding out he was a Christian, yet he has NEVER pushed the bible on people here, like you do in 90% of your posts, and at the same time demonizing them.

Two things. I exaggerate? And secondly, you might want to look up that word I taught you, you know the one? Demonizing.
TheRealThing Wrote:Two things. I exaggerate? And secondly, you might want to look up that word I taught you, you know the one? Demonizing.
I didn't say you exaggerate, I said Beetle was, to make a point.

Make no mistake, you have never taught me anything.

Citizens of America don't have to follow your god.
TheRealVille Wrote:I didn't say you exaggerate, I said Beetle was, to make a point.

Make no mistake, you have never taught me anything.

Citizens of America don't have to follow your god.

I pointed out he used the word literally, did I not? LOL, keep telling yourself whatever it takes to make yourself comfortable.

And, FWIW, do you actually think that I don't know they don't have to follow "The One and only true God?) I didn't see any qualifier in scripture for me to shut up telling folks about God if some blogger handled RealVille objected.
TheRealThing Wrote:I pointed out he used the word literally, did I not? LOL, keep telling yourself whatever it takes to make yourself comfortable.
I've known the meaning of the word demonize for, like 40 years. I haven't known your idiot self but about a year. You didn't teach me anything.

As a matter of American law, they don't have to follow anything to do with your god.
TheRealThing Wrote:Actually I appreciate it when folks like Beetle make posts because they are coming from somewhere other than DNC issued talking points.

1200$ was from the ER I had. For tearing some muscles. Which I finally paid off.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:1200$ was from the ER I had. For tearing some muscles. Which I finally paid off.

Sorry to hear that. Torn muscles are an attention grabber for sure. But, I'm proud of you for paying off you're medical bill, a lot don't.
Damn Wildcat...that's quite a bit, for me at least. I can't begin to express how great it is to not have to worry about that stuff. I wish everyone could not have to stress over it.

I broke my shoulder and 4 fingers last week in a sky diving accident (Wasn't really an accident really, I just caught a quick wind and it put me into the trees, and then the ground lol)...I thought it was just out of place because its the same shoulder I jacked up in the Army and it pops out often, but I found out it was broken the hard way after I tried to put it back into place, hahaha...I don't even have to worry about the hospital bill.

Back in high school, I had to worry about that stuff, and it haunted me even though I was just 17...it's a blessing to not have to now guys. Like I mentioned before, it's hard to our into words the stress it takes off of a person. I just hope I never have to worry about it all thy much later in life.
vundy33 Wrote:Damn Wildcat...that's quite a bit, for me at least. I can't begin to express how great it is to not have to worry about that stuff. I wish everyone could not have to stress over it.

I broke my shoulder and 4 fingers last week in a sky diving accident (Wasn't really an accident really, I just caught a quick wind and it put me into the trees, and then the ground lol)...I thought it was just out of place because its the same shoulder I jacked up in the Army and it pops out often, but I found out it was broken the hard way after I tried to put it back into place, hahaha...I don't even have to worry about the hospital bill.

Back in high school, I had to worry about that stuff, and it haunted me even though I was just 17...it's a blessing to not have to now guys. Like I mentioned before, it's hard to our into words the stress it takes off of a person. I just hope I never have to worry about it all thy much later in life.
Imagine how it is for folks that can't afford insurance, and can't get assistance. The working poor.
TheRealVille Wrote:Imagine how it is for folks that can't afford insurance, and can't get assistance. The working poor.

One of the many reasons I enlisted man. I would've been in that category during college for sure. Because of my experience in my last two years of high school, and worrying about paying for my dad's funeral (we got alot of money from the coal company in his death, but it was stolen and laundered...thankfully my family doesn't struggle with money and I had help), I started thinking about this kid of stuff and how I would pay for it, which ultimately led to the military. I still am very careful about getting sick even though I don't have to worry about it, just so I don't have to cost the government more...I know it's just a drop in the bucket but every little bit helps I think.

Also, I don't want anyone to think I enlisted just or free stuff...honestly I give no shits if anyone thinks that or not, but it's not accurate. I wasn't poor either, just felt like the right thing to do when so many of our people were fighting and dying while I got to enjoy all the awesomeness of America, like Baconators and girls and air conditioning. I don't like the "only poor people enlist" stereotype if some of you can't tell, lol..it's just not true.

But yeah TRV, I feel for hardworking people that can't afford it...that is some of the worse stress a person can have.
Pages: 1 2