Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Jenkins bulldogs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like the lady Cavs should change there name to something else . They are on a roll through the 14th and looks like no one can stop them. Myself along with a lot of others thought they would be down this year looks like we where wrong . Does anyone know there secret?
excellent coach!
Your right the coach is part of it but for a team that lost one of the best players in the region and to be so young their youth isn't showing . Something must be clicking for them I'm going to go down and watch them play the finals of the all A . They are scoring a lot of runs and holding teams to a bunch of 0000000s , that sounds like a team of experienced players not young girls . The roster says they should be down but the score board says otherwise .
Their only wins come over deep mountain teams. When Jenkins comes out of the mountains to play Central Ky teams, their record is 0-3. Jenkins is a decent team with a good coach, but you have to look at the quality of their opponents before you can make that judgement.
Very true-for instance, the East-West Allstars (Seniors) game last June: West 20-East 0.
You 2 need to retread the post I did not make any judgement , I said that Jenkins was rolling through the 14th which if I recall is one of the regions in the mountains . Look it up they finished up the All A tonight with another shut out win to clench the 14th proving my point no one has stopped them . It's no secret the 14th is one of the weakest regions in Ky and they don't have the amount of good competition our northern teams have but they are the best team in there area. And my question was how they were doing so good with a young team when normally a team would have a down year or 2 to rebuild.
I wouldn't necessarily say they are "rolling" through everyone in region. Jenkins has played only 6 region games, 3 of those were district games.

Harlan (5-4) - 12-2 W
Harlan County (3-5) 10-7 W
Belfry (8-9) 19-2 W
Pikeville (5-7) 15-1 W
Perry County Central (5-6) 9-0 W
Lexington catholic (7-2) 8-0 L
Grant County (3-7) 7-6 L
Garrard County (9-6) 4-2 L
Cordia (0-5) 19-0 W (twice)
Belfry (8-9) 7-6 W
Knott County Central (5-9) 10-0 W
East Ridge (9-5) 5-4 W
Hazard (3-11) 12-0 W
Leslie County (6-5) 10-0 W
Knott County Central (5-9) W (no score but you said they won)

Going by that, the only quality opponents Jenkins has faced is East Ridge, Lexington Catholic, Garrard County and Grant County. Reason they've played so many games is because they started the season earlier than what other teams started. Jenkins started on March 14 while other teams were starting on March 19, 20, 21 on and on. Take them to play GRC, Montgomery County, Henry Clay, Lex Cath, Dunbar, Garrard, Boyle County, East Jessamine, Madison Central, South & North Laurel, Harrison County, Clay County.

Don't forget about Powell County, Breathitt County, Jackson City and Estill County.

Powell County (11-2)
Breathitt County (11-3)
Jackson City (10-5)
Estill County (5-3)

Don't get me wrong, Jenkins will be tough for anyone come tourney time but they really haven't played anyone so far.
They have not lost a game they have played in there area. They are playing every one they are required to play. There is nothing wrong with starting as early as you can . I'm sure if they could they would travel more an play better teams . They are shutting out a lot of teams which says they are doing a lot of good things . Everyone thought they would be down this year because of the loss of some good players including my self and know that they have a perfect record in there area everyone wants to say that it's easy for them for what ever reason . Yes they lost at the Lexington catholic tournament but you could also say that if it hadn't been held so early in the year they might have won 1or2 of there games . It time to give them some credit for playing good ball the same as any team that has a record of 13 and 3 . They may not even be in the top 35 in KY but they are still taking care of business in the mountains and no one has stopped them yet.
Belfry, Harlan, Harlan County, East Ridge, Pikeville, 14th region teams (other than district opponents) are not required, unless it's a school rule that you have to play those teams. I understand that it's a long ways away for Jenkins to come to the Central-Southern part of the state and play teams like the Lexington teams, Garrard County, North & South Laurel, Harrison County and so on, that's the reason why Estill doesn't play hardly any 14th region team besides the ones that they do play (Powell*, Lee*, Owsley*, Wolfe) but you still have Saturdays and spring break you could bring them down to this part of the state to play.
I saw jenkins play last year some and even the year before I saw several games , there are several teams some you mentioned they could play with . Growing up fairly close to the area I can tell you that they probly don't have the money to travel much and its worse now with the economy so bad . Referring to my last post the teams they have to play are the teams close to them . Back to the reason I started the first post they deserve credit for the good start they've had and a 13 and 3 record as any team any where would deserve .
I am giving them credit they are 13-3 and off to a very good start and they will be tough by the time regional tournament comes around, always are.
I can tell you one of the reasons Jenkins is doing so well Fastpitch , They have a great little pitcher . I got to see her alot this summer during travelball and shes one to watch. I dont know if she is doing all the pitching but her travel coach told me he thaught she would be the only pitcher Jenkins had this year becuase of girls graduating.
Hey fastpitch I will tell you one reason Jenkins is winning they have a great pitcher . I saw her all summer during the travel season and she is very young but very good . Her coach told me that she would be the starter for them this year I'm assuming she is the pitcher and still pitching .
After watchin Estill destroy Powell 11-1 I would just about say Estill will make a lot of noise Estill finally has all there starters in the lineup and the bats are red hot right niw
Estill has got to be the favorite in the region . They will be tough late in the year .
Did Jenkins change they're name to the Bulldogs.
No. I think whoever started this forum was making a joke, not being serious.
Speaking of Jenkins in order for them to become a strong contender year after year they are going to be better serve playing Central Kentucky teams...such as East Jessamine, PLD, Lexington Catholic, Montgomery County, Madison Central, Madison Southern, I did notice they went to a tournament in Lexington early on and lost all three, that is great experience to play competition better than you. I hope to see them branch out in the future and not play so many mountain teams....
Your exactly right rebounder they need to start traveling more and get out and play the best teams in KY . I'm around the travelball girls a lot and you very seldom see a girl from the mountains playing . The only girls I can remember playing this past summer is the lefty from estill and the pitcher from Jenkins I'm sure there is more that I don't know about . Travelball would help the mountain girls a lot probly more than traveling during there high school season . I'm going to try to get down to Jenkins this evening to see the match between jenkins and letcher central it's should be a good one .