Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Message boards(Sites)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone else think sites like this are dying?

I know I do not post as often and on all of the sites I still post on or read seem to be down as far as post goes?
I hope not! I enjoy this site so much! I haven't been here as long as you, but aren't the posts normally "down" this time of year? I know they really pick up come football season, and I'm really looking forward to that.

I've mentally "attached" personalities to many of the folks on here, and as crazy as it may sound, grown to love many of them.
Yes and no. It definitely is trending down during the non-peak months. Unless it it HS Football season, then our traffic during the spring and summer for the past two years is on the DECLINE! Message boards have always been a fad. This is a tremendous site for what it offers. BUT, just like all technology, the consumer dictates the importance. Times change the technology; the Consumers interest changes their use of the technology; Peak for Message Boarding is OVER!

It's not unique to BGR. MySpace - DEAD & GONE! Facebook - Taken over by older people! Twitter - Onfire. I know many BGP members and they talk all the time about how it has declined so much that there is talk of making it free 100% of the time!

So yes, messages boards have peaked in interest. We will only see if get worse versus improve. Last year's HS Football playoffs was the peak for our site. I'm predicting now that we won't see those numbers ever again.

I like Granny have become attached to many. But just like family, we will all grow apart, meaning our lives will take us all in new directions and the amount of time that we get to interact with each other will lessen just like it does as families get older.
Stardust Wrote:Yes and no. It definitely is trending down during the non-peak months. Unless it it HS Football season, then our traffic during the spring and summer for the past two years is on the DECLINE! Message boards have always been a fad. This is a tremendous site for what it offers. BUT, just like all technology, the consumer dictates the importance. Times change the technology; the Consumers interest changes their use of the technology; Peak for Message Boarding is OVER!

It's not unique to BGR. MySpace - DEAD & GONE! Facebook - Taken over by older people! Twitter - Onfire. I know many BGP members and they talk all the time about how it has declined so much that there is talk of making it free 100% of the time!

So yes, messages boards have peaked in interest. We will only see if get worse versus improve. Last year's HS Football playoffs was the peak for our site. I'm predicting now that we won't see those numbers ever again.

I like Granny have become attached to many. But just like family, we will all grow apart, meaning our lives will take us all in new directions and the amount of time that we get to interact with each other will lessen just like it does as families get older.

I knew whenever my parents created their own FB account, without any help from me, FB had "jumped the shark".
I wouldn't say Facebook is on to bad of a decline, but I will agree twitter is on fire. However they are complimentary to each other when compared to when facebook killed myspace.

I resent that statement so badly!!
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I wouldn't say Facebook is on to bad of a decline, but I will agree twitter is on fire. However they are complimentary to each other when compared to when facebook killed myspace.

Facebook confirmed in its annual 10-K report that teenagers are utilizing their website less, presenting a danger to the future of the company.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/...In-Decline
About a year ago i told my wife FB would be gone like Myspace within 5-10 years.
She laughed and then thought about how much she didnt like it anymore and how many of her friends got rid of theres and she backtracked.

As Dusty said, its all about the fads, FB got huge, and now people are over it. Personally ive never wanted to post 1400 pictures of myself for others to see because thatspretty much all it is, well, that and posting stupid sayings or something.
Good thing about message boards, or sports sites like these are its new every year. Teams change every year, and so do the fans bringing on new curious people. If a team is doing really good, expect a lot of new users, if a teams doing bad, expect some to leave. Its just a cycle here, while other kinds of sites just get old.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Does anyone else think sites like this are dying?

I know I do not post as often and on all of the sites I still post on or read seem to be down as far as post goes?

No not dying, just an ebb and flow like the tide. The ability for people wanting to connect will always prevail!
^^
Unless, of course, someone over 50 touches it!
OR over 60!
Wink
The average Facebook user

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa997Mh5IPkI9UVsTkU9o...iVv1c8vKFA]
Twitter > BGR > Facebook
Those dang hillbillies ruin everything!
I joined BGR at a time when it was hopping but at about December the bottom just fell out. The last several months it has been hard to get a good discussion....."uh" I mean argument going with anyone. I love this site but if you have months like this it is easy for people to just get busy and forget and lose interest......but then you have people like me who have no life so I will probably stay on as long as it goes.LOL
^^
Nice to see you!! I've missed you do-double!!
So, start something; we'll have a good ole knock down and drag out!!!

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Those dang hillbillies ruin everything!

You're right; I'd really love to live where they were no hillbillies.....like say; Whitley County??
Confusednicker:

Sup with the avatar? You lose a bet or something?
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
Nice to see you!! I've missed you do-double!!
So, start something; we'll have a good ole knock down and drag out!!!

You're right; I'd really love to live where they were no hillbillies.....like say; Whitley County??
Confusednicker:

Sup with the avatar? You lose a bet or something?

1. Correct, there are no hillbillies in the Whitley County area. They were fumigated back during the prohibition era.
Some did escape deeper into the appalachians around Harlan County and Perry County areas however.

2. Thats UK's mcdonalds all americans! I dont lose avatar bets, are you crazy?!?!?!?!
#1 - I gotta admit you must have mountains to have "hill"billies....kinda flat down there compared to Harlan & Perry Counties. I'm neck deep in them here, and thankful for it.

#2 - I didn't even look at that avatar very closely!! I thought it was Louisville's starting 5!! LOL

I knew if you were sporting the Cards in your avatar, SOMETHING had to have happened.

Tell ya something else...even Louisville's starting 5 would've been an improvement!

Wink
^
Weve got out own share of mountains, but its the best of both world Confusednicker:

Corbin, London and Somerset seem to be the two biggest towns in southeastern ky, and im not sure id rather live closer to anywhere else.

And btw, 14-0 in avatar bets.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Weve got out own share of mountains, but its the best of both world Confusednicker:

Corbin, London and Somerset seem to be the two biggest towns in southeastern ky, and im not sure id rather live closer to anywhere else.

And btw, 14-0 in avatar bets.

And you say you're NOT a hillbilly!!!!!
Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:

Bet your avatar bet count is off, too.
Gut found some of NKYs Plutonium beers and the effects have yet to wear off.
Stardust Wrote:The average Facebook user

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa997Mh5IPkI9UVsTkU9o...iVv1c8vKFA]

I'm guessing this guy is in his late 50s to early 60s. If I'm in this good of shape at his age I'll be a happy camper.
Granny Bear Wrote:And you say you're NOT a hillbilly!!!!!
Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:

Bet your avatar bet count is off, too.

Confusednicker:
I originally only had Corbin and London then thought about Somerset, which isnt really SKY and forgot to change the two to three lol.
Still slow but one or two seems to be picking up.
Wait till football season.
Lowest numbers for April and May appears to be as well, than we have had in the last four years. It's not just the seasons, it's becoming a trend.
Maybe it is trending down overall but, like most, until this year, after basketball season came to an end I basically didn't get back on here until a few weeks before football season stared. This is the first year since I have been a member that I have consistently been on here during non-peak times.
I am hoping to see these boards get crazy mad during the football season.
^
You should check out my facebook page. I'm getting death threats from Belfry!!!

Confusednicker:
^
I can't see anyone from belfry wanting to hurt you! But gut that's a whole different story.
What have I EVER done to that idiot??
Pages: 1 2