Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Eastern Kentucky Colonels scrimmage 4/13/13 @ Hazard High School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Eastern Kentucky Colonels will have a scrimmage at Hazard High School this Saturday 4/13/13 at 12:15 PM. There is a clinic for the kids at 11:15 AM before the scrimmage. Come on out and meet the Colonels.
Is this the only Scrimmage EKU has this Spring??
Cellking Wrote:Is this the only Scrimmage EKU has this Spring??

No, the Maroon/White game will be at 4:00PM Saturday, April 20th at Roy Kidd Stadium.
They need to rename the school. They rarely have any kids from eastern ky on the football team.
William Muney Wrote:They need to rename the school. They rarely have any kids from eastern ky on the football team.

Did you even bother to look at the roster before you said that?

On the 2012 Roster:

Hayden Kiser, Lawrence County
J.J. Jude, Johnson Central
Caleb Watkins, Corbin
Ryan Bonner, Ashland
Taylor Speaks, Somerset
Austin Delpont, Hazard
Zack Burgy-Vanhoose, Pikeville
J.V. Hooker, Clay County

Signed in the 2013 Class:

Tyson Williams, Somerset,
Tevin Slaughter, Somerset
Jeffery Canady, Knox Central
Tony Messer, Belfry

The eastern Kentucky area doesn't produce a ton of D-I talent. That's 12 players from the area that should be on the roster this fall, not too bad given the talent base in that area. EKU is trying to win football games, not play with an all-mountain team.
William Muney Wrote:They need to rename the school. They rarely have any kids from eastern ky on the football team.

I guess the same could be said for most teams including UK basketball.
Is UPIKE going to scrimmage that day also? I know last year EKU and UPIKE both had scrimmages at Hazard on the same day.
Westside Wrote:I guess the same could be said for most teams including UK basketball.

Good point...

Lol at renaming a school bc of football or any sports team..

I live in Richmond, there's a lot of EKU students from the Eastern part of the state.