Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County Spring Ball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any word on how the first day of spring ball went for the Black Bears?
Baby Zak was too tired to speak! LOL His butt was dragging on the ground; I took that as a good sign!!
I was wondering how it's going myself....Very excited for HC football this year with all the returning talent, and this brutal schedule..
Looks like it will be another good year for the Black Bears, everybody talks about the skill players but my oh my the Lineman have put in some hard work in the weight room and our huge, Bailey will love being behind Banks that kid has worked hard and put on some serious muscle this offseason. All the kids look like they have hit the weights hard.
bear claw Wrote:Any word on how the first day of spring ball went for the Black Bears?

From the title (Harlan County Spring Ball), I thought you were talking about a formal affair where I needed a tuxedo and could maybe get to dance with some of ladies of Harlan County.
bigguy989 Wrote:Looks like it will be another good year for the Black Bears, everybody talks about the skill players but my oh my the Lineman have put in some hard work in the weight room and our huge, Bailey will love being behind Banks that kid has worked hard and put on some serious muscle this offseason. All the kids look like they have hit the weights hard.
Thanks for the update, i've been wondering how the weight program went this winter...Now, more excited. lol
Any word on when the spring game is?
I hear that spring ball is going good....I would like to know if and when the spring game is?
bear claw Wrote:I hear that spring ball is going good....I would like to know if and when the spring game is?

Going to try to have one on the 25th. Hope the weather holds out. They've been lucky so far and got a lot of good days in. 2013 is looking good for the bears!!! Saw a couple of new faces out that seem to have a lot of potential.
By all means drop some names on us...
I hear that Cole Wilson's brother Zach is out for spring ball. Can't confirm that but if true, it would add even more speed to this team. Zach is very atheletic. Speaking of Cole, he looks like a beast. The off season has done well for him.
I have read via legal sources that Black Bears were feeling very well on the first day.
Harlan Co football to hold their Black/White Spring Game Thursday, April 25th at Coal Miner’s Memorial Stadium @ 6pm
Four months from tomorrow!!!!

I cannot wait!!!!

Go black bears!!!!!!
Less than 24 hours before we get a chance to see this 2013 Black Bears football team. This could be the most talented and most athletic Larkey team since he has been at HC. Could be a special year. There is a lot of buzz in the air. I have heard people talking about the spring game on the radio and people in the community. I think there will be a nice crowd. I just hope for an injury free game.
Just joined this party. Can't wait for football tonight! So we are clear who I am. # 42 is my son and #2 lives with me. lol I know it kills people to wonder who people are on here.lol Really glad we get to watch some black bears tonight. Hope everyone stays healthy!
bear claw Wrote:I hear that Cole Wilson's brother Zach is out for spring ball. Can't confirm that but if true, it would add even more speed to this team. Zach is very atheletic. Speaking of Cole, he looks like a beast. The off season has done well for him.

Speaking of Cole, he has really been getting a lot of attention from some big colleges. A few weeks ago he went to VTO sports top elit 100 day in Cincinnati and had a really good showing. We have a busy summer going to all the college camps and combines.
How is Cole's ankle?
Lets hear about the game. Full recap please.
They have a write up on Harlancountysports.com
My thoughts is they are big, strong as always, but holy crap they are fast...This is the fastest team i've seen HC put on the field yet..I missed a couple of years so i can't say the fastest ever, but definitely the fastest i've seen....Can't wait for the fall...
Fuzzybeardad Wrote:Just joined this party. Can't wait for football tonight! So we are clear who I am. # 42 is my son and #2 lives with me. lol I know it kills people to wonder who people are on here.lol Really glad we get to watch some black bears tonight. Hope everyone stays healthy!

My baby had #42 last year as a Senior. It made me a little sad to see that number run on the field, and know it wasn't Aaron!! But the kid represented that number very well!!

Now on to the game. OMG, can you spell F-A-S-T?? I mourned losing the Seniors during the last football game, but did not realize the amount of talent that is returning! I'm so excited for the season to begin!!

So, my internal count down will begin.....four months, minus 2 days!!!

Go Black Bears!!!
bear claw Wrote:How is Cole's ankle?
He will be fine, he had rolled it about 3 weeks ago and didn't won't to set out of spring. I told him we are losing those low top show though. I think it scared him more than anything.
Granny Bear Wrote:My baby had #42 last year as a Senior. It made me a little sad to see that number run on the field, and know it wasn't Aaron!! But the kid represented that number very well!!

Now on to the game. OMG, can you spell F-A-S-T?? I mourned losing the Seniors during the last football game, but did not realize the amount of talent that is returning! I'm so excited for the season to begin!!

So, my internal count down will begin.....four months, minus 2 days!!!

Go Black Bears!!!

I thought He was #43 but he will be missed.

On that thought of TE did you guys see the #19 that is playing this year! I don't know what kind of player he will be but drag he looks the par. I don't no if I have seen a player that looks like him in many many years or even around here. I thought he did pretty good durning the game!
Gist and Zack Wilson got some serious wheels to go with what we already had. 19 looks very big and strong. Cole looks like Cole, kine play looked good. Big nose guard looked really good too.

Lets get it on!
#19 didn't look much different from last year, did he?

LOL

Zak Wilson can play just about anything he wants to plan. So quick!
I just hope that it doesn't hurt Zach from not playing last year as a freshman....he is very athletic!!!!!! But I believe he will fit in just right.
Cole missed a year and it didn't seem to bother him.
Zach will be a junior next year. He was very impressive in basketball last season, too. He can definitely help in pass coverage as he demonstrated with two interceptions.
Both of them have tremendous athleticism.
I hope Zack stays with it cause he could really help this team! I also hope that all our young players stay with it this year and don't get discouraged if they don't start or play a lot. They need to realize that we have a lot of great older players and that their time will come. I think if we keep all our young players together we have a chance to win the region two or three years in a row! Go Black Bears