Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 60th District Predictions and Preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my opinion on the upcoming season for the 60th district...

Belfry has some strong Freshman (upcoming sophomore) so of course, they will be decent. But with Messer and Charles graduating, thats a big hit, and big shoes to fill.

Pike Central has their Freshman (upcoming sophomore) star at Point Guard. He's quick and good at defense, but could use some help with shooting. They are losing some big men, but quality kids stepping up.

Phelps won 11 games this past season, one more than they did with the 4 seniors and a junior 2 seasons ago. They have decent big men stepping up from the current freshmen and sophomores (upcoming Sophomores and Juniors). Still no "Star" for this team, but they're developing.

---------------------------------------

So as for my final summary of this season, I'm going to go out on a limb and expect great things from the underdogs and say that Pike Central will not go to region, Phelps will be the runner-ups, and Belfry will once again win district, Although, I think Phelps will go deeper into Region. Word is that transfers have been booming between these 3 schools, so expect some physical play and big rivalry games this next season.

Anyone else have an opinion?
Pike Central will be the best team in this district bar none Belfry will be a distant 2nd and Phelps a distant 3rd, PC returns a lot of their team from a year ago and the also have some talent coming up from Mullins and Johns Creek, with the youth and experience PC takes this district easily, Belfry will be good but very young and Phelps will have a rebuilding year with the youth on their team...
I have heard they have a 6'4 Freshman (14 year old) now, whom is very athletic with a decent amount of talent. You know if thats true?
BluegrassHoops1972 Wrote:Pike Central will be the best team in this district bar none Belfry will be a distant 2nd and Phelps a distant 3rd, PC returns a lot of their team from a year ago and the also have some talent coming up from Mullins and Johns Creek, with the youth and experience PC takes this district easily, Belfry will be good but very young and Phelps will have a rebuilding year with the youth on their team...

Just to back up what your saying -

Pike Central will be a Top 5 team in the 15th, maybe even better.

Belfry, I'll wait to see who they name coach, but they have young talent as well.

Phelps is Phelps, very distant 3rd.
I understand that Phelps is not all that great, but Varney wouldnt have went back if there wasn't something left to look forward to. Talented Freshman point guard coming up, 2 sophomore big men who can have grudge matches down low, and A senior shooting guard who is fast, smart, but just needs work with his control. Apparently I haven't seen Pike Central's full talent yet, and I look forward to it, but don't underestimate Phelps. They hit that buzzerbeater on PC 2 years ago, and swiped Belfry by almost 20 in the District Championship. And as for Belfry, I cant even begin with how much love I have for that school and its people. They have a lot of heart, and to be honest, with everyone's input, I'm beginning to think that this District may be up for grabs. After all, look what's came out of the District; Hobo McCoy, Dakota Smith, Tony Messer. Cant wait to see what's in store.
^ Varney stayed because he had no where to go. Belfry doesn't want him and neither does Valley. Unless he stops coaching, Phelps is where he will retire.
All I know is about the middle school kids coming up with a lot of talent
Pike Central
Belfry
Phelps
Phelps is glowing with potential talent down low and also have a very good PG if he limits mistakes. That is why Varney stayed