Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WrestleMania 29 Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
JOHN CENA VS. THE ROCK
The hardcore wrestling fan may not be looking forward to this match. Some of them think the "Once in a Lifetime" tagline at Wrestlemania 28 was a farce, while others believe the build-up has been nowhere near the interest from last year (in fairness, how could it be with a year to build?). The match itself won't be stellar, but The Rock has just enough mystique and allure left to make the fans invested. John Cena wins the WWE championship and The Rock moves on to Brock Lesnar for Wrestlemania 30.

What I would LOVE to see after the match is Cena and Rock sharing a "Wrestlemania handshake," Rock walking away and Dolph Ziggler attacking Cena by surprise (no theme music), cashing in, winning the WWE title and explaining how he was able to cash in on the WWE champion (since his briefcase is for the World Heavyweight Championship) on Raw. Or have Dolph cash in on Raw.

BROCK LESNAR VS. TRIPLE H
I've enjoyed the build-up to this match mostly because of Paul Heyman, who really does a terrific job at placing importance where it needs to be: this is a fight, and it's personal. Poking jabs at Triple H's wife Stephanie has hit a cord with the audience. This will be a fight, and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some blood. Give me Brock Lesnar to keep him strong and go onto another big match at Wrestlemania 30 (I'll say with The Rock). As for Triple H, do most wrestling retirements really last anyway?

THE UNDERTAKER VS. CM PUNK
Not since Wrestlemania 21 (vs. Randy Orton) have I truly believed that the Streak could end. I believed it when this match was still being dreamed up as a fantasy booking scenario by fans. But after Raw on Monday, The Undertaker is a lock to win. Why? Because there is no way in my opinion that The Undertaker doesn't end Wrestlemania victorious, paying homage to Paul Bearer, having gotten revenge on CM Punk, who has "desecrated" his legacy. I've enjoyed the build-up, and I look forward to Punk trying to force a DQ or a countout to "end the streak," but in the end it's 21-0. It's a given that CM Punk is getting some time off for a couple of months, so I look for the storyline that UT HURTS Punk and they build a storyline into giving Punk some much needed time away from the tube. My opinion, Punk goes away and comes back in a couple of months to set-up another Punk/Cena series for the summer.

ALBERTO DEL RIO VS. JACK SWAGGER
Jack Swagger was red hot a few weeks ago and seems to have cooled off recently. Still, I see him winning the World Heavyweight title and he and Del Rio having a stipulation rematch at the next pay-per-view.

SHEAMUS, RANDY ORTON & BIG SHOW VS. THE SHIELD
The Shield need a win here to stay strong. I like how Big Show fitting in is the story here, taking away from a possible Randy Orton heel turn at the end of this match. He wants it, we want it, so let's see it already!

RYBACK VS. MARK HENRY
If this match is a five-minute strong man vs. strong man match, I'll be fine with it. Give me Ryback by impressive shell shock to get back some of his momentum.

TEAM HELL NO VS. BIG E LANGSTON & DOLPH ZIGGLER
Big E Langston has the ultra-rare distinction of having his first maincard televised match at Wrestlemania (Fandango wrestled on Smackdown as Johnny Curtis). I wouldn't mind if Team Hell No lost in 18 seconds or less due to Daniel Bryan, which causes a break-up of the team and a rivalry heading into the next PPV. This also gives Dolph something to do and shifts focus from his possible Wrestlemania cash in.

CHRIS JERICHO VS. FANDANGO
I'm really looking forward to this match. Chris Jericho may be the most selfless WWE Superstar over the past two years, doing nothing but putting over younger talent and making them look superb in the process. He is, as they say, "bulletproof." Now he faces a fresh new gimmick on the grandest stage. Hopefully his "Dancing with the Stars" background comes into play here. Fandango should win, because as I said, a loss doesn't affect Jericho, but a win helps Fandango immensely. I hope this match opens the PPV broadcast and is given a fair amount of time.

TONS OF FUNK / FUNKADACTYLS VS. RHODES SCHOLARS / BELLAS
Well, at least Rhodes Scholars are together again. I dig them tremendously as a tag team. To me, it honestly doesn't matter who wins this match. I'll give it to the Bellas/Rhodes Scholars because the Bellas are fresh back in WWE and both Sandow/Rhodes are future champions.

WADE BARRETT VS. THE MIZ
As disappointed as I am that the Intercontinental title match is on a pre show (let alone the fact that a U.S. title match isn't even on the card), I'll give this one to Wade Barrett. The Miz doesn't need that title. He seems to currently be a mid/high-level hovering guy who is always a WWE Movie role away from a push, and I'm fine with that. Wade Barrett is a future champion and wins would suit him moving forward.
John Cena
The Undertaker
Triple H
Alberto Del Rio
The Shield
Ryback
Dolph Ziggler & Big E. Langston
Fandango
Tons of Funk & The Funkadactyls
The Miz
I read somewhere online that WWE is actually considering having Shawn Michaels screw Triple H out of his match against Lesnar. I'll try and get the link
Yeah...I doubt that.
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/15367...iple-h-wwe

- Although plans several weeks ago called for Triple H to go over Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania, there have recently been talks of HBK costing Triple H the match. Triple H has told people close to him that he wanted to face HBK in his last match at WrestleMania.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/15327...r-screwjob

Their is also a lot of talk about Cena turning heel at Wrestlemania....Christian is expected to return soon after Wrestlemania as a babyface
[Image: 522135_516339475079473_376731281_n.jpg]
Shawn Michaels will be throwing in the towel to save his friend....
SCM to Pedigree for a 1...2...3

IMO.
^ What is SCM?
Sweet Chin Music