Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott Central 06
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does Anyone have any info on Knott?.....Who do they return, isl Bobby Owens still there? ....do they have a chance to win their Distirct?
Knott will have the best chance of fielding a descent team than they have had in the past several years. They return key starters off last years improved team and should challange for a playoff spot with Cawood. They may compete with Leslie, but I see the Cawood game as the "playoff" game for KCC. Losses on the o-line and d-line may hurt, so if they can keep the Owens kid and the QB healty, I see a playoff birth against either Middlesboro or Breathitt.
I dont think they will beat Breathitt or Middlesboro but they will have a good chance to upset some teams this season and hopefully get a 3 or 4 seed !
blackcat_student Wrote:I dont think they will beat Breathitt or Middlesboro but they will have a good chance to upset some teams this season and hopefully get a 3 or 4 seed !
They are still 20+ points away from Breathitt/Middlesboro/Leslie, but they can play with Cawood this year IMO.
I Think they will beat Cawood this yr n get into the playoffs they return Linden and Owens so they should be decent, i think better than last yr....im lookin for them to aleast get the 4th spot
MVP2 Wrote:I Think they will beat Cawood this yr n get into the playoffs they return Linden and Owens so they should be decent, i think better than last yr....im lookin for them to aleast get the 4th spot
I agree, if they can keep these two healthy, they should get nthe 4th spot. They need Lindon and Owens as well as another lesser known to step up to be a contender though. If Owens or Lindon are not healthy, KCC will not make the playoffs IMO.
Bobby Owens Left..Bobby Owens Right! U STOP THAT..U WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Bobby Owens Left..Bobby Owens Right! U STOP THAT..U WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree that strategy is a good one, but late in the year KCC started passing and that helped relieve the pressure on Owens. The peoblem is that KCC did not have WR's to catch passes that were for the most part accurate. I do agree that if you stop Bobby Owens, you shut down a majority of the KCC offense. That being said, I saw alot of improvement as far as playcalling last year from years past, so I think they are capable of competing if they can keep Bobby Owens and Michael Lindon healthy.
I agree BrahmaBull. Those 2 players are very good players. Heard they will have a bigger turnout with kids this year but lost a KEY defensive player to graduation. I think his # was 60. Would like to hear some predictions and for sure wins on KCC's schedule..
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I agree BrahmaBull. Those 2 players are very good players. Heard they will have a bigger turnout with kids this year but lost a KEY defensive player to graduation. I think his # was 60. Would like to hear some predictions and for sure wins on KCC's schedule..
4-6, maybe 5-5-----
I see wins over Allen Central, Jenkins, Cawood, and Magoffin County. They may be able to win against Leslie or Clay, but I doubt it. #60 was a good lineman and also played o-line, they lost alot on the o-line and really do not have the coaches in place to coach linemen, unless things have changed since last season. That being said, I am not bashing anyone, but I think the line needs line coaches and such.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:4-6, maybe 5-5-----
I see wins over Allen Central, Jenkins, Cawood, and Magoffin County. They may be able to win against Leslie or Clay, but I doubt it. #60 was a good lineman and also played o-line, they lost alot on the o-line and really do not have the coaches in place to coach linemen, unless things have changed since last season. That being said, I am not bashing anyone, but I think the line needs line coaches and such.

i agree i think they will win those games but i dont think they'll beat Clay Co....but how bout the black gold bowl...KCC or PCC?? if kcc wins this they have a great chance of being a 500. team
I do not see them winning this game. I just hope they can stay healthy so they can make a playoff run. I would hate to see an injury in a non-district game ruin their chances against Cawood because that is the only game in the district I see them winning. The pieces are in place for a successful season for KCC. They have the veteran skill players and the coaching staff seems to know what they are doing. They do not have any depth and an injury can devastate them.
Quote:Bobby Owens Left..Bobby Owens Right! U STOP THAT..U WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok Bobby O. Is a Great Back, but early in the season Wes Lafferty got injured an dident play much, but now he is 100% an ready to rock an the passing game has took off look out for jason richerdson
My bad its josh richardson srry
Yes knott centreal has took off to a good start this year i have to commit. Bobby owens is back in the backfeild and lindon is in at quaterback. They have to great fullbacks Tj Collins #33 and Wes Lafferty #29 they both are seniors and well really lose some talent in that position but stepping up is 21 freshmen almost that came from the knott county middle school football team. They already have some great talent. Kenny craft, Hes fast on his feet and has some good hands on him. And braxton rattliff(spelling) he has great armstrength and good passing ability also stepping up at 3rd string quaterback is corey terry not much experince at the position but will help out alot next year as there expected to get alot more coming in to step up. Also looking at the back up for owens is lenvel miller. he played some varsity last year he is stout and quick on his feet he has alot of strength and doesn't mine to carry a couple on his back. i think kcc has the poteniol to make it to the playoffs this year and win half there games that they play.
Kcc_26 Wrote:Yes knott centreal has took off to a good start this year i have to commit. Bobby owens is back in the backfeild and lindon is in at quaterback. They have to great fullbacks Tj Collins #33 and Wes Lafferty #29 they both are seniors and well really lose some talent in that position but stepping up is 21 freshmen almost that came from the knott county middle school football team. They already have some great talent. Kenny craft, Hes fast on his feet and has some good hands on him. And braxton rattliff(spelling) he has great armstrength and good passing ability also stepping up at 3rd string quaterback is corey terry not much experince at the position but will help out alot next year as there expected to get alot more coming in to step up. Also looking at the back up for owens is lenvel miller. he played some varsity last year he is stout and quick on his feet he has alot of strength and doesn't mine to carry a couple on his back. i think kcc has the poteniol to make it to the playoffs this year and win half there games that they play.
Staying healthy is the important thing for KCC because they have no depth at the skill poisitions. In district I can see them winning the Cawood game and making the playoffs.
i think they will give people a run for there money....i heard they have a soild Defense this year
Louisville Fan Wrote:i think they will give people a run for there money....i heard they have a soild Defense this year
I will be able to make a better assessment after the Sheldon Clark game, other than that game, they really play a weak schedule until they reach district play.
KCC will beat teams that they are suppose to beat as usual and then get beat against teams in there district. I see them winning 3-4 games...LIKE USUAL.....They turn the ball over too much in all 3 games that I have seen them, and when they play teams that are custom to them or better then they will make them pay...
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:KCC will beat teams that they are suppose to beat as usual and then get beat against teams in there district. I see them winning 3-4 games...LIKE USUAL.....They turn the ball over too much in all 3 games that I have seen them, and when they play teams that are custom to them or better then they will make them pay...
I agree 100%:rockon:
Does Anyone Know Who There Starters are on Defense???
dline starters are #74 ron christian hes a sophimore, dwight isaac at nose gaurd hes a junior, at left tackle #72 jason green he is also a sohpimore, at strike sam sturdivant jr., corners r bobby o. and david watts, line backers r brian rose and wesley thacker, and rover is wes laferty and tj collins.
I've Never Heard that Much on there D-Line...R they Any Count...i mean Whats there Strong point and there Weak point...
They are pretty good but get worn down easily and have no depth. They should beat Cawood and Make the playoffs this year IMO. What District are they in next year?
District-2-8- Corbin, Knott County Central, Leslie County, Middlesboro, Somerset