Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland's Putnam stadium not coming down this year.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All the hooplah and big deal about the stadium and they weren't even sure they had enough money. This has been botched and poorly mismanaged. The original demolition date was supposed to be after the playoffs. They houldve already had bids and everything settles by then.

http://m.dailyindependent.com/Independen...d=Pp5rLQjg
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:All the hooplah and big deal about the stadium and they weren't even sure they had enough money. This has been botched and poorly mismanaged. The original demolition date was supposed to be after the playoffs. They houldve already had bids and everything settles by then.

http://m.dailyindependent.com/Independen...d=Pp5rLQjg

I hate to see it come down, but sure it needs it.
MONEY huh?
Toadvine is a pretty big outfit that has had some big contracts, I'd say thats about as low as theyll get for a stadium like they want.
Why has the stadium fell in to such disrepair? Was it not maintained over the years or am I missing somthing
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Why has the stadium fell in to such disrepair? Was it not maintained over the years or am I missing somthing

It was built by the WPA during the great depression. So Im assuming age.
Age and the original blueprints have been lost. So no way to really estimate repair cost if they got in there and found something major it could be way too expensive. Supposedly cheaper to just rebuild. Though I don't see how.
Mayfield's is also a WPA stadium and only a few years newer. These old men are the best places to watch a game and have for me a much better feel though that may come from having grown up in one. I wouldnt trade ours for anything. Its a shame to see the end of this great stadium and I am thankful ours is still holding up. But new is nice
I've never understood the allure to that stadium other than it's been there forever. Plenty of places I'd rather watch football, and be able to park within earshot of the stadium.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Why has the stadium fell in to such disrepair? Was it not maintained over the years or am I missing somthing

Rumor is that NotSoBADCAT has been skimming off the top for years. Guess it finally caught up with them and they ran out of cash.........
More of the old Putnam? Good news to me. Always will try to head up there if given the opportunity.
There was nothing nice about Putnam, however as a player it was the best atmosphere of any high school stadium I've ever been in, from the horse shoe, to coming up from the tunnel locker room and the fans being right on top of the field. It is uncomfortable with terrible parking and locker rooms are the worst anywhere... But I hate to see it go, it's more like a small college stadium than the cheap aluminum stuff everyone is putting up.