Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Police search for boys after baby shot dead in stroller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BRUNSWICK, Ga. (AP) - Police in a coastal Georgia town are going door-to-door, searching for two young suspects after a gunman opened fire on an infant, killing him.

Brunswick police say the shooting happened early Thursday, as the 13-month-old boy's mother was pushing his stroller.

The suspects are thought to be between 10 and 15 years old.

In a tearful TV interview with WAWS-TV of Jacksonville, Sherry West said she tried to shield her baby with her arms, but the gunman shoved her and shot the child in the head. She's recovering from a gunshot wound to her leg.

The Brunswick News reports that police are offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the case.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Polic...13241.html
What the hell is wrong with people now? Are we, as a society, just coming completely unglued? I'll never know why in the hell would someone ever want to harm an infant. So sad, but makes me so angry all at once.
I read this story as well, actually I think CNN had a more in depth account of what happened....

Either way, something doesn't seem right with the story.
judgementday Wrote:I read this story as well, actually I think CNN had a more in depth account of what happened....

Either way, something doesn't seem right with the story.
Maybe I'm thinking wrong, bad thoughts, but that is exactly how I felt when I read it. I hope my first thought is wrong.
TheRealVille Wrote:Maybe I'm thinking wrong, bad thoughts, but that is exactly how I felt when I read it. I hope my first thought is wrong.

I'd say we are thinking the same thing.
Execution of a 13 month old.....speechless
Im with you guys.
Something dont seem right.

It takes a really disturbed person to shoot a baby in the head.
Maybe mama took one in the leg to make it look like something.
They have arrested two teens in connection with the story, one 17 and one 14 but no murder weapon.

The Aunt of the 17 year old swears that he was with her but either way the kids were supposed to be in school and were absent.

Crazy...
judgementday Wrote:They have arrested two teens in connection with the story, one 17 and one 14 but no murder weapon.

The Aunt of the 17 year old swears that he was with her but either way the kids were supposed to be in school and were absent.

Crazy...

Did it say why they did it?

That's what's shoking to me.

Did they know the mom and have a problem with her or did they just decide "hey, let's be gangsta and shoot an infant because that makes us hardcore"?
The Mom and the perps Pastor said it was a robbery attempt.

Mom states the perps approached her and asked for money. She stated she didn't have any and the shooter warned I will shoot your baby unless you give what you have.

She didn't have any and the rest is history. Rather than a long drawn out court case and paying for the perps incarceration for life on the taxpayers dime. Will the death penalty apply in this case?

This wasn't a fight over drugs. A domestic abuse with a peer. This was the execution of a 13 month old baby by a 17 year old thug, cut and dry.

The legal system needs to send a clear and concise message on this one, otherwise, you'll see this become the norm amongst Mothers and their children out for a walk in the stroller.
^
At 17, hopefully they will try him as an adult.
And yes, Georgia has the death penalty.
This 17 year old should be considered a great candidate!
They aren't "thugs"! They're PUSSIES!

Put them on a prison yard and the real "thugs" will carry out the death sentence for you!

Chair or injection is to good for these punks!
^
I often agree with that.
Deterrence IMO, is really the only reason we keep the death penalty.
Dont get me wrong, im all for for the death penalty, but a lot of people dont realize that it costs more to sentence someone to death than it does to lock them up for life.
Its also a harsher punishment IMO, to live a full life in prison.
Someone needs to be punished severely
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I often agree with that.
Dont get me wrong, im all for for the death penalty, but a lot of people dont realize that it costs more to sentence someone to death than it does to lock them up for life.
The cost would be well worth it if the trials, appeals, and executions were held in a timely manner. When the government tries a person for a capital crime, the defendant should receive the best defense possible, but justice needs to be swift. Otherwise, the deterrent value of the death penalty disappears.
^I agree 100%
BFritz Wrote:Did it say why they did it?

That's what's shoking to me.

Did they know the mom and have a problem with her or did they just decide "hey, let's be gangsta and shoot an infant because that makes us hardcore"?

As Spirit stated it was a robbery attempt.

The mother and aunt of the 17 year old have now been arrested for lying to police.
The song I've got rights comes to mind by Hank Williams Jr.

I'd love to get a shot at these guys..

I have a 15 month old and can't even imagine.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I often agree with that.
Costs between $25,000 and $50,000 to keep someone in jail, so that's a million dollars at the very minimum over twenty years, which someone will likely live at least three times that long in prison.

Make sure the trial is full and complete, but make it swift and get it done.
BFritz Wrote:Costs between $25,000 and $50,000 to keep someone in jail, so that's a million dollars at the very minimum over twenty years, which someone will likely live at least three times that long in prison.

Make sure the trial is full and complete, but make it swift and get it done.

I was amazed when i took capital punishment in college and learned how much more it costed to put someone to death due to "super due process" than it does to simply lock them up.

This is the biggest thing opponents of the death penalty hangs there hats on.
judgementday Wrote:As Spirit stated it was a robbery attempt.

The mother and aunt of the 17 year old have now been arrested for lying to police.

Good! Put them away also!