Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is jenkins the powerhouse in the 14th.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was expecting LCC to be the power house but looks like the lady Cavs don't agree with that . A win over PCC would change my mind and would put them as the leading contender in the 14th. Have they rescheduled the PCC game .
Too early to tell. Perry Central is down this year as they lost a bunch from last year. Cougars haven't played yet so it is hard to tell right now who is the team.
I think Estill might have something to say about that. you all are forgetting about them along with Powell and Lee. All 3 teams return most of the talent from a year ago with will be dangerous come tourney time.

Anxious to see how the Lady Cavs fare this weekend in the Lex Cath tourney. Should be good experience for them against some good teams.
It looks like jenkins is able to handle about anyone right now . They should only get better as the year goes on ,they are the team to beat right now I think they have proven it so far. You are right the lex tourney will be a good test for them , but right now it looks like the rest of the 14th better and hurry and catch up.
Season just started theirs still plenty of time. If the Lex Cath tourney is still the same...each team plays 4 games then Jenkins will play Grant, Lex Cath, Garrard and Eastern.
I've seen lex catholic last year but I've never seen any of the other teams in the tournament , I going to try to make the trip and watch .
cougarpride08 Wrote:Too early to tell. Perry Central is down this year as they lost a bunch from last year. Cougars haven't played yet so it is hard to tell right now who is the team.

Actually Perry only lost 2 players from last year's team.
I think Jenkins Scrimmaged Lawrence County but I never heard anything about how it went. That may be a good game to find out where they stand. I realize it was a scrimmage but you can learn a lot from those games.
It looks like they can score some runs, the Pikeville game is a game i would also like to hear some responces on as well.
Estill County is the team to beat, they return 7 seniors from last year state bound team, just this week they lost to PLD who is ranked 15th in the state. Estill was missing the heart of their line up in the 14th region number one player pre season and also their clean up hitter...so as I see it Estill will be the team to beat until someone else rises to the top. Estill County has way to much hitting a strong defensive team and a number one pitcher in the Gross girl...The loss to PLD was 3 to 1 without the strength of their line up...
I saw some of the games Saturday at Lexington catholic , it was a good test
For jenkins and Shelby valley the 2 mountain teams neither winning a game jenkins looked good at times but it just shows they the 14th can't compete very well outside of it . It helps these programs to get out and play better teams and see how the how the game is played outside the mountains. I still think jenkins is the team to beat estill being there biggest compition In the region but jenkins taking the top spot