Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Spurlock out at Hazard!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Because he is now the NEW head coach at Clay Co. high school!!!!!!
It won't be "official" until next when they have a news conference introducing him as the next head coach of the Tigers, but he will be leading the Tigers in the 2006-2007 campaign.

A step up in the coaching ranks in my book. Kinda like a college coach going from a good mid-major who was a hot commodity to a top notch elite program.

Spurlock will get the job done because of his system, and because of his tireless efforts in working the hardest of anyone to get his kids playing their ultimate best!!!

CONGRATULATIONS COACH KEVIN SPURLOCK!!!! Those of us who supported you at Hazard with you nothing but the best as you strive to bring State Glory back to Clay Co., and with the young talent coming up there, it is a great shot!!! Heck, if some other things take place this coming year, things might happen big-time this season!!!!!!

Hazard doesn't know what they are losing!!!
Hazard is letting a good coach go. He has put up a good record at hazard.
daredevil4life Wrote:Because he is now the NEW head coach at Clay Co. high school!!!!!!
It won't be "official" until next when they have a news conference introducing him as the next head coach of the Tigers, but he will be leading the Tigers in the 2006-2007 campaign.

A step up in the coaching ranks in my book. Kinda like a college coach going from a good mid-major who was a hot commodity to a top notch elite program.

Spurlock will get the job done because of his system, and because of his tireless efforts in working the hardest of anyone to get his kids playing their ultimate best!!!

CONGRATULATIONS COACH KEVIN SPURLOCK!!!! Those of us who supported you at Hazard with you nothing but the best as you strive to bring State Glory back to Clay Co., and with the young talent coming up there, it is a great shot!!! Heck, if some other things take place this coming year, things might happen big-time this season!!!!!!

Hazard doesn't know what they are losing!!!
Is he the same coach that coached Hazard last season? If so, is it true that he was a "lame-duck" coach and knew he would not be the coach this year anyway? From what I hear it was a philosophical difference regarding football players joining the team late and such. I wish him the best of luck, he seems to be a good coach.
No, he was not a lame duck coach. If Clay had not come to him and made an offer, coach Spurlock was still going to lead the Bulldogs this upcoming season.
daredevil4life Wrote:No, he was not a lame duck coach. If Clay had not come to him and made an offer, coach Spurlock was still going to lead the Bulldogs this upcoming season.
Ok, I guess my source was mistaken when he said that the AD or superintendant did not like the fact that he would not play the football players immidiately and told him if he did not he would be fired. He did not play them immidiately, they stayed on the bench for most of the games during the first part of the year. But no matter, I wish him the best.
Ah, he was never happy there anyways! Always felt pressure and they sure let him know it when he was pressured! Now he can enjoy just being a coach! Good Luck Coach Spurlock, you are going to a place where you will be appreciated!
I had heard he was not liked by the parents eather. He played the players that worked hard and was the best player, not who their parents were.
Hope he has alot of success at Clay Co. and he had alot of it at Hazard and its going to be a tough loss for Hazard and a big gain for Clay Co.
-STAT- Wrote:Hope he has alot of success at Clay Co. and he had alot of it at Hazard and its going to be a tough loss for Hazard and a big gain for Clay Co.

:thumpsup: I agree Stat
Clay Co. got one of the best high school basketball coaches in KY ! Hazard will be the same team due too all the talent they have in BBALL !
blackcat_student Wrote:Clay Co. got one of the best high school basketball coaches in KY ! Hazard will be the same team due too all the talent they have in BBALL !
:thumpsup:
Okay, Spurlock is now gone.
Who will Hazard replace him with?
The Bulldogs should have a one of the better teams in the 14th this year. So, to Spurlock's credit, he is leaving the next coach in pretty good shape.
They shouldn't have too difficult of a time attracting some quality people....but it is kind of late in the year. School begins in a month. That might narrow down the field a little.
i heard today from one of the players from hazard that Jon Bently could be named new head coach at HHS he would be a good coach for hazard he knows the game n played college ball at EKU
Congrats to Coach Spurlock. I knew him pretty well when he was an assistant at Allen Central. I've talked with him many times. Very classy guy, and a smart coach. One of the few coaches that coaches talent instead of the mommy and daddy's pick.
Coach Spurlock is an asset to whoever has him.....he's a proven winner.....going to a school filled with a lot of history....I hope he does well!
crazy.............. heck of a coach to let go
I heard a couple of players may be trying to go with him?