Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lakers 106 Magic 97
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kobe Bryant - 11 pts, 8 assists, 7 rebounds (horrible game, didn't pass enough)

Dwight had 39 and 16 - He shot 39 FTs!
League record
Kobe doesnt hog, Lakers win.
Surprise, surprise.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Kobe doesnt hog, Lakers win.
Surprise, surprise.

Exactly.
They've not won any games lately when he scores 40+
Kobe Bryant is a great role player....
zaga_fan Wrote:Exactly.
They've not won any games lately when he scores 40+

Agreed.
Kobe ain't gonna score 40 in a while now that he is out....

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEOUVSxOUkHufqhEzF45M...7_SC_-UjfQ]
Stardust Wrote:Kobe ain't gonna score 40 in a while now that he is out....

It's a sprained ankle so I wouldn't think that he'll be out long.

I laughed hearing Kobe say "He Jalen Rose'd me".

I don't think that Dhantay meant to hurt Kobe, but Jalen admitted that he did it with intentions of spraining Kobe's ankle.
^ Kobe said it's the "Worse" injury that he has ever had.....
^ Kobe has made a career of playing through injuries - a severe sprain isn't something to mess with, though.

You guys will get your chance to see what Kobe means to the Lakers.
I wonder if Kobe will play on, they'll be a tough out for anyone in the playoffs and for God's sake they have to make the playoffs so the Cavs can have their draft pick.
zaga_fan Wrote:^ Kobe has made a career of playing through injuries - a severe sprain isn't something to mess with, though.

Kobe has made a career of whining about injuries.

The pinky fiasco lasted almost decade.
Vintage Kobe. 33 shots, only 11 of them made, exaggerating an injury, and blaming somebody else.

I was watching a Lakers game over the weekend, and one of the announcers was making a big deal over the fact that Kobe had hit 56% of his field goal attempts over an 8 game stretch. Very impressive numbers, but the guy neglected to mention that Lebron is shooting nearly 55.7% over a stretch of 63 games. At least Kobe is still leading the NBA in technical fouls.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Vintage Kobe. 33 shots, only 11 of them made, exaggerating an injury, and blaming somebody else.

I was watching a Lakers game over the weekend, and one of the announcers was making a big deal over the fact that Kobe had hit 56% of his field goal attempts over an 8 game stretch. Very impressive numbers, but the guy neglected to mention that Lebron is shooting nearly 55.7% over a stretch of 63 games. At least Kobe is still leading the NBA in technical fouls.

He probably didn't mention Lebron because he was calling a Laker game.

No one is saying that Kobe is better than Lebron right now.
I'm just saying he doesn't suck like everyone else says he does.
zaga_fan Wrote:He probably didn't mention Lebron because he was calling a Laker game.

No one is saying that Kobe is better than Lebron right now.
I'm just saying he doesn't suck like everyone else says he does.
Kobe has never been as good as Lebron is right now. Not even close.

Here is a pretty good synopsis of the two players' careers, although the gap has widened even more over the past two seasons.

[INDENT]
Quote:KOBE BRYANT VS LEBRON JAMES COMPARISON

Shot jacking? Regular season
Games with 36 shot attempts or more:
LeBron: 1
Kobe: 22

Of Kobe's 22 games with 36 shots or more, he shot under 50% 17 times, 45% or lower 11 times, under 40% 3 times, this is the DEFINITION of shot jacking.

Regular season
Games with 40 points and under 50% shooting
LeBron: 7 of 46 games 40+ points
Kobe: 46 of 107 games 40+ points
Yes, that's right, almost half of Kobe's 40 point games involved missing more shots than made ones.

Regular season
50 point games with under 45% shooting
LeBron James: 0
Kobe Bryant: 3
[/INDENT]

I predict that despite self-diagnosing his ankle sprain as the worst he has suffered in his career, Kobe has a scoring title to win and will manage to drag himself back onto the court very soon.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Kobe has never been as good as Lebron is right now. Not even close.

Here is a pretty good synopsis of the two players' careers, although the gap has widened even more over the past two seasons.

[INDENT][/INDENT]

I predict that despite self-diagnosing his ankle sprain as the worst he has suffered in his career, Kobe has a scoring title to win and will manage to drag himself back onto the court very soon.

It's a pretty good synopsis of one facet of their game over their careers...
but YES - Lebron shoots a better percentage than Kobe does.

Kobe is the ONLY one of his contemporaries that is still playing at an elite level.

Lebron hasn't been at it as long as Kobe has, he hasn't scored as many points, won as many games or won as many rings. Lebron hasn't lived up to the nickname of "King" just yet. No matter how much you want to disrespect Kobe - it's hard to justify that Lebron has accomplished more. No matter how good Lebron is playing right now with a super-team, I won't judge him at the end of his career by how good he is right now. I'll put everything he's done up to what Kobe and Michael did. Not saying that he won't get there eventually, but let's look back on their careers in a few years and see what we think.
zaga_fan Wrote:It's a pretty good synopsis of one facet of their game over their careers...
but YES - Lebron shoots a better percentage than Kobe does.

Kobe is the ONLY one of his contemporaries that is still playing at an elite level.

Lebron hasn't been at it as long as Kobe has, he hasn't scored as many points, won as many games or won as many rings. Lebron hasn't lived up to the nickname of "King" just yet. No matter how much you want to disrespect Kobe - it's hard to justify that Lebron has accomplished more. No matter how good Lebron is playing right now with a super-team, I won't judge him at the end of his career by how good he is right now. I'll put everything he's done up to what Kobe and Michael did. Not saying that he won't get there eventually, but let's look back on their careers in a few years and see what we think.
Had you clicked on the link, you would have found that the comparison covers more than one facet of their careers. Aside from free throw shooting, there are not many areas where Lebron's stats are not clearly superior to Kobe's. At some point you have to consider that Lebron has consistently posted better stats during his career than Kobe, so just maybe Kobe has those rings because of superior coaching and better teammates during his longer career.

If Lebron and his superior stats had been available for Phil Jackson and had he been surrounded by the same level of talent as Kobe has enjoyed, would he really have fewer rings than Kobe? I don't think so. Hitting an occasional long range fade away jumper with four hands in your face at the buzzer does not make up for a huge field goal percentage deficit.

Here are some more stats for you:

Rookie season FG%:
Kobe 41.7%
Lebron 41.7%

Career best FG%
Kobe 46.9% (2001-02 and 2012-13)
Lebron 55.7% (2012-13)

Lebron's FG% has improved in all but one season over his entire career and he is shooting fewer shots per game this season than he has ever taken before.

Kobe does not belong in Jordan's class and he never will. The biggest thing that they have in common is that Phil Jackson coached their teams to some NBA titles. Kobe is a very good player who had the talent to be much better than he has been. Lebron has left him in the dust.
zaga_fan Wrote:^ Kobe has made a career of playing through injuries - a severe sprain isn't something to mess with, though.

Well of course Kobe will play. He can't score points if he doesn't play. And the only thing that Kobe can be is a "Wanna-Be" Jordan. And he thinks if he scores more points than MJ and takes credit for the 3 titles that Shaq won for him, he thinks he can go down as a contemporary of MJ. But as said by Hoot, Kobe will NEVER be in MJ's class! But, Kobe will play and throw up senseless shot after senseless shot just for the hope of scoring points and get closer to MJ's numbers, so he can think he is is comparable to MJ! So, it's not the TOUGHNESS of Kobe that he will play, it will be the continued selfishness of himself over his teammates that will push him to play!!!!!
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Had you clicked on the link, you would have found that the comparison covers more than one facet of their careers. Aside from free throw shooting, there are not many areas where Lebron's stats are not clearly superior to Kobe's. At some point you have to consider that Lebron has consistently posted better stats during his career than Kobe, so just maybe Kobe has those rings because of superior coaching and better teammates during his longer career.

If Lebron and his superior stats had been available for Phil Jackson and had he been surrounded by the same level of talent as Kobe has enjoyed, would he really have fewer rings than Kobe? I don't think so. Hitting an occasional long range fade away jumper with four hands in your face at the buzzer does not make up for a huge field goal percentage deficit.

Here are some more stats for you:

Rookie season FG%:
Kobe 41.7%
Lebron 41.7%

Career best FG%
Kobe 46.9% (2001-02 and 2012-13)
Lebron 55.7% (2012-13)

Lebron's FG% has improved in all but one season over his entire career and he is shooting fewer shots per game this season than he has ever taken before.

Kobe does not belong in Jordan's class and he never will. The biggest thing that they have in common is that Phil Jackson coached their teams to some NBA titles. Kobe is a very good player who had the talent to be much better than he has been. Lebron has left him in the dust.

:concentratetongue:
zaga_fan Wrote::concentratetongue:
Even your Michael Jordan impersonation is better than Kobe's but the angle of the tongue is off a bit. :biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Even your Michael Jordan impersonation is better than Kobe's but the angle of the tongue is off a bit. :biggrin:

:cop: