Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breaking News US Military confirms 3 North Korean Missile Tests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
At least two possibly three short range missiles and one Taepodong-2 long range missile.
They Launched them? At the us U.S.?
I just checked. They came nowhere near the U.S., so says NORAD. Japan says they landed in the sea of Japan 6 mins after they took off. The one they think was the long range missile broke up shortly after launch.
Yes.....failed attempts it seems....
I seen this on CNN and the reporters said that North Korea fired 6 missles that were all aimed toward California but none of them made it, and North Korea issued a report saying that if we retaliate they will fire their nuclear warheads at us. Well that's just great, just before we can get Bush out of office he's gonna go and start World War III.

But if you look at it another way, if we don't go ahead and blow them off of the map, we're just showing that any country can do whatever they want to us and push us around like their play toy.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:But if you look at it another way, if we don't go ahead and blow them off of the map, we're just showing that any country can do whatever they want to us and push us around like their play toy.

That could be a true statement !
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I seen this on CNN and the reporters said that North Korea fired 6 missles that were all aimed toward California but none of them made it, and North Korea issued a report saying that if we retaliate they will fire their nuclear warheads at us. Well that's just great, just before we can get Bush out of office he's gonna go and start World War III.

But if you look at it another way, if we don't go ahead and blow them off of the map, we're just showing that any country can do whatever they want to us and push us around like their play toy.
I don't know if they were "aimed" at CA but that would have to be the direction that a test would go.

But I hope no WWIII with them and Iran on sides...would be the end of man.
They launched a 7th over night. the suspected long range missile broke up 42 seconds after launch. Everyone commenting were really upset with them except China and they said to keep cool heads. Japan wants sanctions. The U.N. is doing nothing.
Remember this was just a test not an attempted attack.
CatDawg Wrote:Remember this was just a test not an attempted attack.

Yes I know that this was just a test, but heck far, they need to be testing in their own country, and letting these weapons blow up on their own lands not in the Sea of Japan where innocent fishermen could be blown to pieces or even worse coming toward Cali, and cruise ships put in danger and anyone else. They need to learn some damn responsibility and own up to their actions, while we need to just get it over with and give them what they deserve.
I'm not sure, but I don't think they were armed with anything that goes BOOM! It was kind of like seeing how far you can get a rock to skip across water. But I know what your talking about.
Your right TC no warhead or anything. All countries including the USA do test in open waters. It was a show of force by them to get some attention but they weren't trying to hit anything. If they hadn't tested the long range missile we wouldn't even be hearing much about this.
And what a success the long range missile had, lol, all of what, 40 some sec's in the air?
LOL
I guess that's better than nothing.
I don't think I would mess with North Korea. They are pretty tough. I think they have the right to test, but if they start aiming for us then something must be done.
Well they did test another missle this morning, so I guess 6 in one day wasn't enough, and they are doing it while most of the USA is still in the bed, so it makes me think, is there something North Korea doesn't want us to know?
Don't worry...as you said, "most of the USA is still in bed"...don't worry, every move that they make is being watched by our forces that arn't in bed.
Apparantly, Cinci is like the 3rd most likely to be shot at, and I'm close enough to Cinci that I'd be fried.

Please let the football season start and end before you bomb us, alls I wanna do is see the Bengals win a Super Bowl, then feel free to do whatever you want:please:
This situation will affect the troops over-seas more than anyone on U.S. soil. That little country will be obliterated if it ever seriously threatens to do anything but test missles that can touch U.S. soil. I think economic sanctions will do the job against this attention seeking regime. We need to stop giving them thing just to get them back to the bargaining table. We cannot give positive reenforcement for negative behavior as we have been doing.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I seen this on CNN and the reporters said that North Korea fired 6 missles that were all aimed toward California but none of them made it, and North Korea issued a report saying that if we retaliate they will fire their nuclear warheads at us. Well that's just great, just before we can get Bush out of office he's gonna go and start World War III.

With all due respect Pres. Bush is not the one starting this. I guess you would blame him on the bad weather also, but thats ok.
BFritz Wrote:Apparantly, Cinci is like the 3rd most likely to be shot at, and I'm close enough to Cinci that I'd be fried.

Please let the football season start and end before you bomb us, alls I wanna do is see the Bengals win a Super Bowl, then feel free to do whatever you want:please:
I dont think North Korea can reach Cincy. I wouldnt worry to much...lol
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:This situation will affect the troops over-seas more than anyone on U.S. soil. That little country will be obliterated if it ever seriously threatens to do anything but test missles that can touch U.S. soil. I think economic sanctions will do the job against this attention seeking regime. We need to stop giving them thing just to get them back to the bargaining table. We cannot give positive reenforcement for negative behavior as we have been doing.

That's what we thought in the 50's also.:igiveup:
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:With all due respect Pres. Bush is not the one starting this. I guess you would blame him on the bad weather also, but thats ok.

Actually I would blame it on him, we have spent millions of dollars and lost more lives than should ever have been lost trying to find WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION in countries like Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan, but little North Korea, who doesn't have a terrorist involved in 9/11 says they will use their NUCLEAR WEAPONS against us if we retaliate, and we are going to do nothing about it. I'm sorry that whatever I said must have raised the eyebrow of your avatar to make you come back at me, but I just see Bush letting this one slip right under his nose, when he spent all this time looking, and right now he has it in his sights. It just flat out makes no sense to me what so ever to let North Korea, (are they even a developed country?) boss us around and tell the United States of America what it can and can't do. Bush needs to get the job done or get going!
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Actually I would blame it on him, we have spent millions of dollars and lost more lives than should ever have been lost trying to find WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION in countries like Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan, but little North Korea, who doesn't have a terrorist involved in 9/11 says they will use their NUCLEAR WEAPONS against us if we retaliate, and we are going to do nothing about it. I'm sorry that whatever I said must have raised the eyebrow of your avatar to make you come back at me, but I just see Bush letting this one slip right under his nose, when he spent all this time looking, and right now he has it in his sights. It just flat out makes no sense to me what so ever to let North Korea, (are they even a developed country?) boss us around and tell the United States of America what it can and can't do. Bush needs to get the job done or get going!
They have been saying this for years, before Bush was in office. When Clinton was in office he gave them some aid to get them to shut up, so this issue was started before the current Pres. was in office, but "hush-money" was given in hopes that it would go away until he was out of office.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Actually I would blame it on him, we have spent millions of dollars and lost more lives than should ever have been lost trying to find WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION in countries like Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan, but little North Korea, who doesn't have a terrorist involved in 9/11 says they will use their NUCLEAR WEAPONS against us if we retaliate, and we are going to do nothing about it. I'm sorry that whatever I said must have raised the eyebrow of your avatar to make you come back at me, but I just see Bush letting this one slip right under his nose, when he spent all this time looking, and right now he has it in his sights. It just flat out makes no sense to me what so ever to let North Korea, (are they even a developed country?) boss us around and tell the United States of America what it can and can't do. Bush needs to get the job done or get going!

First off I support are TROOPS 100%.

But to answer your question about why were in Iraq instead of North Korea is real simple. Daddy didn't make a mistake with North Korea and they don't have anything that we want or could make a penny on. I think we needed to take Saddam out the first time and didn't have a problem with going in again but we've pissed around to long with Iran and North Korea.
CatDawg Wrote:First off I support are TROOPS 100%.

But to answer your question about why were in Iraq instead of North Korea is real simple. Daddy didn't make a mistake with North Korea and they don't have anything that we want or could make a penny on. I think we needed to take Saddam out the first time and didn't have a problem with going in again but we've pissed around to long with Iran and North Korea.

North Korea would have been a lot harder with the location, plus Kim II Sung is a psycho, he might have just started launching nukes. They probly couldn't have reached the US because of all the satelites and whatever, but it might have started WWIII
CatDawg Wrote:First off I support are TROOPS 100%.

:thumpsup:
BFritz Wrote:North Korea would have been a lot harder with the location, plus Kim II Sung is a psycho, he might have just started launching nukes. They probly couldn't have reached the US because of all the satelites and whatever, but it might have started WWIII
Either way we go, the Pres. is damned if he does, ...damned if he don't.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Either way we go, the Pres. is damned if he does, ...damned if he don't.

Which is exactly my point
BFritz Wrote:Which is exactly my point
:thumpsup:
Pages: 1 2