Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: McCreary Central hires New Football Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Zack Wagner is the New Football Coach at McCreary Central.
Cellking Wrote:Zack Wagner is the New Football Coach at McCreary Central.

Who?
Coach Wagner played High School Football at Perry Central, Played College Football at Campbellsville, last Coached at Hopkinsville, I hope he get's everything he needs to be successful and has Great Success at McCreary Central for years to Come.
Good luck to coach Wagner and the Raiders.
I play for McCreary Central, and I'm looking forward to playing under Coach Wagner.
Met Coach Wagner yesterday, he is ready to get started, good solid hire IMHO. GO RAIDERS!TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
When will McCreary Central have Spring Practice??
Cellking Wrote:When will McCreary Central have Spring Practice??

April 10th is the tenative date i think not exactly sure on that.

What happened to the former coach, was he fired?
We had 51 young men at the high school express intrest in playing football this year , add the 20 that will be incoming freshmen to that and that is a huge number of kids for McCreary, my hope is we will keep at least 85% and that will be a good number for us.GO RAIDERS!
I hope you keep them all out. One year we had 56 in spring practice, It's hard to keep kids out in McCreary Co. Wish you the Best.
Start with 56 end with 15. That's the way it always is. The fault lies with the fact that you can't get assistant coaches in McCreary County. When they had a good group they were competitive. After Watts left all the coaches bailed on their county and their community. This is why football has failed over the last few years.
Wade Davis will be the Quaterback Coach and O Coordinator.
Monte Daughtery will be the Defensive Coordinator.
Look out Corbin, Danville, Somerset.
The key to keeping them out is getting them plenty of Freshman and JV games. Pine time kills a kids confidence. Keep them active is the key.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:The key to keeping them out is getting them plenty of Freshman and JV games. Pine time kills a kids confidence. Keep them active is the key.

We shall see.
Full deck Wrote:What happened to the former coach, was he fired?

He resigned.
Monte Daughtery will add some fire to the defense if he is really coaching. The guy was a lunatic on the softball field. He tried to start a fight with every team he played against.
Softball Intensity=Football Intensity

SAID NOBODY EVER!!!!!!
Well maybe softball intensity doenst carry over to the football field. But he is a pretty bad dude I hear. Heard Monte was the best RB to ever play at McCreary.
Monte Daugherty or Wade Davis never played HS Football anywhere. Neither will Coach Football at McCreary Central. I don't see the amusement in using their Names in a situation that will never be. I hope the New Coach put's together a Good Staff and has all the success in the World.
Sorry for being humorous Cellking. However, Davis and Daughety could probably be just as successful knowing nothing about the game as some have been there in the past. They could at least probably get more kids to play and stick around. I dont know you but you seem to know about a lot about the program. I do hope it improves and things get better at MC. I will not post any more amusing posts with their names on it. I forgot that nobody jokes around on this message board.
Rock, it's just that McCreary Central has made a joke out of Football so long. It's a sore spot with me. I do want New Coach to be successful and have a wonderful experience at Central.
Cellking Wrote:Rock, it's just that McCreary Central has made a joke out of Football so long. It's a sore spot with me. I do want New Coach to be successful and have a wonderful experience at Central.

Maybe you should go out and help. Then maybe you could turn it from a joke to something better.
johnnyd Wrote:Maybe you should go out and help. Then maybe you could turn it from a joke to something better.

I'm trying.

Rumor has it Zack Wagner has backed out on McCreary Central Football Job. Wonder Why????
Cellking Wrote:Rumor has it Zack Wagner has backed out on McCreary Central Football Job. Wonder Why????

Cause he's not insane. Probably no assistant coaches. There are assistant coaches that could really help the program in the system. They just choose not to. They choose to let it crumble.
johnnyd Wrote:Cause he's not insane. Probably no assistant coaches. There are assistant coaches that could really help the program in the system. They just choose not to. They choose to let it crumble.

I'd agree, he probley talked to someone who know's the situation and decided not to Come. There has to be a lot of changes for anyone to be successful at McCreary Central.
Cellking, just give the job to Wade Davis and Monte Daugherty.

And I never heard of Zack Wagner. When did he play at Perry Central? Or is it Perry Central out of Indiana?
Getting late in the process to be hiring a coach. I hate this for the kids.
The_Rock Wrote:Cellking, just give the job to Wade Davis and Monte Daugherty.

And I never heard of Zack Wagner. When did he play at Perry Central? Or is it Perry Central out of Indiana?

Perry Central Indiana.
Pages: 1 2